• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Road dogs. WVU yet to win on the road.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember our last HC posted 4 conference wins in his second year. 2 conference wins in his third year. While DH put up impressive offensive numbers, his Defenses could not stop anyone. We had a steady decline from year one through 3. DH mined the transfer pool well, but did not develop the Freshman well.
NB has played many younger players. In two or three years, this team will be experienced and we should expect to be in the CC game. What we need is the game changing QB. I doubt that Greene is the answer. If he cannot beat our Doege, he can't be that good. Give us a Grier, or even a Trickett, and this team will improve vastly.
Nehlen was always good with the slow build. Every 4-5 years he would have a great group of seniors and a great team. After they left, the cycle would be repeated. I can see NB working on the same plan.
Its a slow process. NB is creeping up in the recruiting rankings each year. The path for success is there. Give NB his 4-5 years to really see what he can do. TRUST THE CRAWL

I am on board that he should have shaken up the Defensive staff during his tenure..and moved away from the 3-3 Stack...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember our last HC posted 4 conference wins in his second year. 2 conference wins in his third year. While DH put up impressive offensive numbers, his Defenses could not stop anyone. We had a steady decline from year one through 3. DH mined the transfer pool well, but did not develop the Freshman well.
NB has played many younger players. In two or three years, this team will be experienced and we should expect to be in the CC game. What we need is the game changing QB. I doubt that Greene is the answer. If he cannot beat our Doege, he can't be that good. Give us a Grier, or even a Trickett, and this team will improve vastly.
Nehlen was always good with the slow build. Every 4-5 years he would have a great group of seniors and a great team. After they left, the cycle would be repeated. I can see NB working on the same plan.
Its a slow process. NB is creeping up in the recruiting rankings each year. The path for success is there. Give NB his 4-5 years to really see what he can do. TRUST THE CRAWL
I guess you skip the BE conf record his first year but ok let’s go with it....

after our second Big 12 season DH improved overall record by +3 +4+6 over next three seasons. And improving +3 the next year after the (2) win season, I don’t see brown improving that much going into year three with in over all or Conf.

didn’t developed freahman? We Ave gone over this before, there were many players developed here under him playing in NFL and became producers at WVU, never understand while using the transfers route (just like Saban and just about ever major program does) means you can’t develop‍♂️ But I whole heartedly agree he could not developed
QBs

4-5 years? I think he will get to 5 but not sure what that will look like. I mean we talk about developing players, most of the young players IMO have regressed this year...Looking at Doege ,Sam James and company. Year 3 is a huge year for the program, i just don’t see where we will be that improved next year, will need some major contributions from some guys not even playing this year.

and just like that the season is over....damn 2020

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you skip the BE conf record his first year but ok let’s go with it....

after our second Big 12 season DH improved overall record by +3 +4+6 over next three seasons. And improving +3 the next year after the (2) win season, I don’t see brown improving that much going into year three with in over all or Conf.

didn’t developed freahman? We Ave gone over this before, there were many players developed here under him playing in NFL and became producers at WVU, never understand while using the transfers route (just like Saban and just about ever major program does) means you can’t develop‍♂️ But I whole heartedly agree he could not developed
QBs

4-5 years? I think he will get to 5 but not sure what that will look like. I mean we talk about developing players, most of the young players IMO have regressed this year...Looking at Doege ,Sam James and company. Year 3 is a huge year for the program, i just don’t see where we will be that improved next year, will need some major contributions from some guys not even playing this year.

and just like that the season is over....damn 2020

I skipped year one as I was comparing year 2 and 3 under different coaches. Looking at year 1 DH started with a heisman hopeful QB, Geno, Tavon, and Steadman. Very good year. In year 2, he had a team that was ranked as high as #5 and tanked throughout the year. Recruiting went down and transfers were needed to fill in the holes. NB was left with Jake Allison and had to scour the transfer portal to find a serviceable QB.

I believe that one reason Holgs left was that he lost Grier, Jennings and Sills and knew that he had no adequate replacements. Had he stayed, I bet 2019 would have been a disaster and he would have been fired.

NB is taking the same path that Iowa State took to get to the top. Slow and steady.

When you look back at our games this year, one thing sticks out to me. It is the QB position. Many of our drops were on passes that were slightly behind the receiver. Many wide open receivers were not seen. Our QB is slow, and had trouble avoiding the pass rush. Imagine having someone like Geno or Grier at QB. 3 of our 4 losses would become wins.

It is hard to tell what year 4 and 5 will look like. I think NB is a solid coach but getting the right QB is the key.