• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RJF

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
since we're handing out compliments, here's one for RJF. we all had concerns going into this game, but the run D held firm.

didn't 'focus' on him on any plays, but didn't see our MLB's struggle on our side of the ball? apparently RJF did a fantastic job holding the 'gut'.

also, it appeared to me McDonald is also a good 'clogger'? he seems more of clogger than pass pressurer? is that a word?

bing_blunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Would RJF and McDonlad do a good enough job against the run as the DTs in a 4-3?

Or is the best bet to continue rotating players in so RJF gets some time at both NT and DE....?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RJF did play a good game... he didn't lose it in the trenches and that's what you can ask for when losing a starting NT.

Hopefully this game time experience propels RJF further into this season when he comes in.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Would RJF and McDonlad do a good enough job against the run as the DTs in a 4-3?

Or is the best bet to continue rotating players in so RJF gets some time at both NT and DE....?

Because with how the defense is playing right now, it makes lots of sense to switch schemes?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did we even use a 4-3 yesterday? i thought we might see it, but i kinda doubt they even practice it

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
since we're handing out compliments, here's one for RJF. we all had concerns going into this game, but the run D held firm.

didn't 'focus' on him on any plays, but didn't see our MLB's struggle on our side of the ball? apparently RJF did a fantastic job holding the 'gut'.

also, it appeared to me McDonald is also a good 'clogger'? he seems more of clogger than pass pressurer? is that a word?

Yes. He held the point very well; better than I thought he would. He was certainly helped though by the Niners taking and maintaining a big lead. That kept Blount away in the 4th quarter when I expected RJ would tire..

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes. He held the point very well; better than I thought he would. He was certainly helped though by the Niners taking and maintaining a big lead. That kept Blount away in the 4th quarter when I expected RJ would tire..

yeah ok, true. both factors helped him out in the 2nd half.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What kept Blount away late in the game was the injury he sustained when Goldson tackled him low.