• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Riley Reiff

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclaimer: these are not my thoughts on him.

However he's due to make $8 million this year. No dead money involved. So if he was let go it's all savings. I know some here have a lot of hate towards him. At least it sure seems that way.

I feel he can be used elsewhere on the line. I do feel that's a huge amount of money for another position unless he's all pro there.

So would you let him go and use that money towards a FA LT possibly?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Ola kid at RT. I'm not nor have I ever been one that thinks his natural position is at RT. I cannot say that he can't become a good RT either.

At this point you have to keep him unless a FA LT is signed on, hopefully not going that route.

I'm still of the belief that this team has 3 RG's and only one is playing his natural position.

I'm all for letting him go and not retaining that 5th year option.

2011 NFL Draft first-round picks can have fifth-year option picked up | The MMQB with Peter King
under the guarantee section
NFL teams can release 2011 first-rounders before the fifth-year option triggers in March with no remaining financial obligation for the option amount.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft a LT this year. somehow. someway.

younger, cheaper and let them grow together. Stanley or Spriggs, Tomlinson, Swanson, Warford, Ola.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
use the money in savings to get a FA CB. still draft another CB this year. not sure 2015 drafted CB Carter is anything more than S. Carter might possibly be the answer to letting Carey go and backing up Quin.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd move him to RT before Id cut him.

Assuming Tully and BP are gone. Also assuming CJ won't be counting his entire value, if he isn't cut/traded.

Not enough picks to fill all the holes were creating with JJ Watts axe, imo. And the FA hole filling route is a lot ask of GM-X. (That X doesn't stand for Xanders.)

If he is cut, how many 1st rounders from this decade would still be on the team?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't been great but LT is one of the hardest positions to fill outside of QB.

Leo's are already scheduled to pick in the teens this draft. No LT will be sitting there at that point, better than Reiff.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't been great but LT is one of the hardest positions to fill outside of QB.

Leo's are already scheduled to pick in the teens this draft. No LT will be sitting there at that point, better than Reiff.

This one I don't always agree with. Not all 32 of them are top ten picks. Some aren't even first round picks. It's more the anomaly, but you can find them outside top ten.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one issue I do have with paying him his $8 million option is where then do you start for a new deal from that point forward? Honest question? He will or almost will (?) be the first guy to get the option money and possibly moving to a lesser valued position.

Do you just let him play the entire 2016 season and go from there?

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Reiff fan (call me crazy) but I do feel he has some value and don't think they should cut him. This line needs depth and if we can move him somewhere else I'm cool with paying him. He's played better in the 2nd half against doormats so who the "F" knows.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Ola kid at RT. I'm not nor have I ever been one that thinks his natural position is at RT. I cannot say that he can't become a good RT either.

At this point you have to keep him unless a FA LT is signed on, hopefully not going that route.

I'm still of the belief that this team has 3 RG's and only one is playing his natural position.

I'm all for letting him go and not retaining that 5th year option.

2011 NFL Draft first-round picks can have fifth-year option picked up | The MMQB with Peter King
under the guarantee section
NFL teams can release 2011 first-rounders before the fifth-year option triggers in March with no remaining financial obligation for the option amount.

I cant see keeping him long term unless we move him inside and cut his salary in half. He may not go for that. We could also just let him play out his option and be done with him.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see keeping him long term unless we move him inside and cut his salary in half. He may not go for that. We could also just let him play out his option and be done with him.

Well when I'm in Imaginaryville I get to sign Okung kick Reiff in to LG move Laken to RG and keep Ola at RT.

Warford has not been healthy IMO. One reason I do like Reiff is he's only missed one game. RG is were Laken belongs. As Blue has pointed out. He looked great there filling in for Warford. Seemed more natural to him there.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took me a minute to come around to the Okung imaginery-ville signing but I really like it. It's highly doubtful to grab one of Tunsil or Stanley. Maybe Spriggs might creep up the ladder but he's more finesse at this point. It wouldn't be wise to go after Decker or Conklin just to have them at RT when Ola has proved his mettle, imo.

You sign Okung, somehow, and you position Reiff, Tomlinson and Ola as stated, that would be a huge benefit all the way around for the O-Line. Reiff gets covered up inside but stays on left side. love Ola at RT and Tomlinson at RG. leaves Swanson at C and need to see quite a bit of improvement from him or will be looking elsewhere next year if not even this year.

I still believe Swanson and Tomlinson are deserving of at least one more year to show some signs of progression and hopefully with a competent OL coach and right scheme from OC that suits their playing style.

Tomlinson at RG and Reiff at LG (better fit for each), on paper, should be big benefit for run game and in pass-pro. You add in Okung and Ola outside it could possibly be best OL this team has seen in years. on paper.

very smart of you thinking outside of the box, Gandy.

Last edited:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add to what we have. I'm not for cutting the best offensive tackle on the team. I'd pay him his 8 mil this year, and try to extend him for less.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about him?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you keep changing your o-line scheme every other year your players will struggle no matter how talented they are, Reiff has been above average to good most of his time here and i'd prefer to see him signed long term.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm glad you or Blue don't own the team. Tight asses on money. Always about money with y'all. You'd think you two survived the depression.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you or Blue don't own the team. Tight asses on money. Always about money with y'all. You'd think you two survived the depression.

Well our parents did. We got to hear about how they walked to school barefoot, in 2 feet of snow, uphill all the way, both ways.