• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rick Reilly

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rick Reilly claims ?credit? for Roethlisberger injury story, earns Steve Young Death Stare | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

The reported salary they are referring to is over $3M per year. I'm not sure how credible it is, but his contract reportedly runs out next year and was a 5-year deal worth $17M. When I saw that a while back I had trouble believing it because I can't imagine why anybody would give him that much for how little he actually appears to do? It's possible that I have missed a large chunk of his responsibilities and value that he has, but I could probably name you 25 other people at the network that it would be better spent on than him.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 million dollars to write about Sports?? WTF. Good for him.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had to offer him a lot to come over from SI. He is wasted writing opinion pieces, I preferred it when he was actually covering sports because he was quite funny. Most sports writers cant get the combination of humor and good journalism right. He did a really good piece where he had to go to the Olympics on a tiny amount of money and try to get in to see every sport. he ended buying a little scooter because the public transport was so bad and to save money he made a sign and asked for tickets outside arenas. He was also forced to accompany some of the swimsuit shoots.