• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ron Wolf to Roger Goodell: ‘Way to go on that Brady thing’

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so I usually dont watch much of the Hall of Fame Ceremony but with Ron Wolf being part of the Packer revival I thought I would watch him be given his "Gold Jacket". It was funny as shit that just as he was ready to walk off the stage he walks over to Goodell and says "Way to go on that Brady thing" I had to take a double look to see if he just aid that on stage at the Hall of Fame awards.

Here is a link to share the story and a video to watch:

Ron Wolf to Roger Goodell: Way to go on that Brady thing | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports

The Pro Football Hall of Fame had its gold jacket presentation event Thursday night in advance of Saturday’s induction ceremony. And deflate-gate, thank goodness, has made its way to Canton, Ohio.

Former Green Bay Packers executive Ron Wolf, one of the enshrines might have been nostalgic, but he preferred to bring up more recent NFL events in one priceless exchange that was caught by the NFL Network cameras.

Check out as Wolf goes over to shake commissioner Roger Goodell’s hand and say, “Way to go on that Brady thing.” That would be, of course, Tom Brady and the ongoing deflate-gate saga.

Goodell’s reaction is tremendous:

Was Wolf being earnest? As some have pointed out on Twitter, Wolf formerly worked for the New York Jets prior to joining the Packers in 1991, and he helped Charlie Casserly advise the Jets as they sought a new general manager and head coach this offseason.

That, in many Patriots fans’ eyes, means the old-school Wolf was being hard-line serious. But we’re not so sure. Patriots head coach Bill Belichick considers Wolf a friend, and the feeling is believed to be mutual.

Could the 76-year-old Wolf have been throwing Goodell some shade? Perhaps — and that uncertainty makes the exchange all the more priceless. Either way, Wolf has his gold jacket now, which essentially makes him bulletproof and above reproach for this weekend anyway.

Goodell’s shake-laugh-and-run bit with Wolf makes it appear like even he didn’t know which way the 2015 Hall of Fame inductee was leaning. After the week the NFL has had, with the 458-page Brady hearing transcript not reflecting well on the league, Goodell wasn't about to stick around to find out.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll check back later to see if the Wahington Post or CBS Boston puts out a story disputing that he really said that....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a total head scratcher. :scratch:What did he mean? Was it sarcasm? Was he part of a conspiracy? Seroius why would he say that?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seem pretty forth right to me, Goodell seemed to think that also IMO.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just pulled this from ESPN. Does anyone else think it's even stranger now that Wolf made this comment? Can you say damage control? This excuse is almost on par with the (diet/deflator explaination).

Former Green Bay Packers general manager Ron Wolf said Friday that his comment one night earlier to Roger Goodell regarding the commissioner's handling of the Tom Brady case was sincere.
"I wasn't trying to be a wise guy," Wolf told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. "I realize he has a real tough job. It was just a passing moment, and obviously, it was picked up on a microphone. I basically meant, 'Congrats on making a decision.' That's why the owners are paying him all that money.
"But it's still a tough job, and I congratulated him on making that decision, although I don't think it was anything profound. It happened so quickly. It's not me saying I'm for or against his decision. That's not for me to say."
During Thursday night's gold jacket ceremony ahead of this weekend's Hall of Fame induction in Canton, Ohio, Wolf was shown telling Goodell, "Way to go on that Brady thing."
Wolf slapped Goodell on the shoulder with his left hand as he delivered the remark, and Goodell's reaction was to let out a hearty laugh -- a response heavily criticized on social media Friday.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's not me saying I'm for or against his decision. That's not for me to say."

Lol, where'e the SportsHoopla Justice League when you need them? Oh, right, it wasn't Brady. What a farce this entire thing has become.