• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rick Nash traded to Rangers

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thing I don't get in these trades. Your giving up your best player...how do you not even get the other teams best prospect?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing I don't get in these trades. Your giving up your best player...how do you not even get the other teams best prospect?

Especially considering, unlike the Kovy deal, there is no expiring contract here. He had all the time in the world to work with. There's no way he uses that draft pick properly, Erixon it remains to be scene, but Dubinsky and Anisimov are 3rd liners. He couldn't even get a top 6 guy out of the deal. What an ass.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just was coming on here to say that. He wasnt even a rental he is locked up long term. And also if the fha gets rolled back that huge salary becomes more manageable.

You also mean to tell me that no one else could put together a package better then that?

I will say the lone positive the price of ryan just went down

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Trade, right now, is a steal for the rangers, but I won't give them the cup yet.
In my opinion, they lost a heart and soul guy like Prust, as well as AA and Dubi (who isn't too bad, just overpaid) this summer. You guys think Nash will lay down and block shots for Torts? At least Torts could yell at AA, Prust and Dubinsky and they would commit to his system.
Erixon is supposed to be a good defenseman.
I will laugh if they miss the playoffs and that 1st round pick ends up being lottery.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But Howson is stupid for not waiting this out. I think even if the season starts, until trade deadline, Nash's value will go up. At least he should have demanded Krieder over Erixon.

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bringing nash in will force the rangers to open it up. Said it before the rangers were like the late 90s devils. Rely on winning games 2-1 when a fluke bounce sinks your team. Ottawa and Pitt first round kos. It only changed when they got arnott and opening up their game with the a line.

Hell same thing in the years after the 03 cup. When maddem and pando would get insane ice time matchong lines. Everyone shuts it down come playoff hockey. U need to be able to score 3-4 goals.

If the rangers open it up look out. If they play torts Zzzzz block everything hockey they will finish in the top but another playoff ko.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Richards, Gaborik and Nash are all stars, no question. I think their PP should be very good with those 3 guys on the ice.
Stepan and Krieder need to take huge steps forward. From the looks of it, Krieder appears to be a star in making. Guys like Hagelin will benefit from an open style.
Callahan isn't somebody that will be lights out if the coach opens things up. He prefers two way play.
Sure, they will score some highlight goals, but I don't think Torts will open it up much more than he has in the past.

On paper, yea, top 6 looks good.

But bottom 6 does not and if there is something I have seen the past few seasons, speed, forechecking, ABILITY TO ROLL 4 LINES, and of course goaltending win expecially in the playoffs.
They are missing the middle 2.

Gaborik is missing portion of the beginning of the season too. Callys style will eventually take a toll on him.
Say what you want about Dubinsky and AA, but they played a role in lot of the success the rangers had as well.

Yea, part of my opinion results because I hate them. But I predict they continue to ride on Henrik's shoulders winning games 1-0 and 2-1. If he somehow gets injured, Columbus is picking in the lottery.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things I'm hoping for are Gaborik's injury to linger and negatively impact his game, and Henrik to wear down. You could see it was a different guy in net when we played them in the playoffs compared to the regular season. Their top line will be frightening, but you're right, they lost some depth guys this offseason and their bottom 6 is not scaring anybody.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better win quick cuz if you look at their cap situation... they have Nash, Gaborik, Queen and Richards all locked into big money long term, sure it's great right now but in 5 years their cap is UGLY

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Trade, right now, is a steal for the rangers, but I won't give them the cup yet.
In my opinion, they lost a heart and soul guy like Prust, as well as AA and Dubi (who isn't too bad, just overpaid) this summer. You guys think Nash will lay down and block shots for Torts? At least Torts could yell at AA, Prust and Dubinsky and they would commit to his system.
Erixon is supposed to be a good defenseman.
I will laugh if they miss the playoffs and that 1st round pick ends up being lottery.

That's a good point about blocking shots. We saw how well Gaborik does with that and his failure to play the system or show up much at all was a big reason NJ won that series. Nash won't do it either he's gotta replace those other lost players with guys that will buy in. Torts loses a huge part of his gameplan if he loses a bunch of shotblockers.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things I'm hoping for are Gaborik's injury to linger and negatively impact his game, and Henrik to wear down. You could see it was a different guy in net when we played them in the playoffs compared to the regular season. Their top line will be frightening, but you're right, they lost some depth guys this offseason and their bottom 6 is not scaring anybody.

This is the big thing for me. Lundqvist is one of the most consistent goalies out there, and it drives me nuts. His worst season save percentage was .912. His worst season GAA was 2.43. Brodeur's had a few more seasons, but even tossing out his first few years he's still had three .906 seasons and a .903 two years ago. And let's not even discuss my team's goalies.

But I'm not sure can count on Lundqvist wearing out. He averaged 60:32 minutes per game in the regular season last year, second among tenders with 60 or more games played to Carey Price. I don't think he pulls those kind of numbers again this year, which means he'll be able to play more games and be fresher for them. Or they could rest him for the playoffs. Ugh. Hopefully I'm wrong and he'll fail miserably this year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better win quick cuz if you look at their cap situation... they have Nash, Gaborik, Queen and Richards all locked into big money long term, sure it's great right now but in 5 years their cap is UGLY

In 5 years? that's fine IMO. I think there fans would enjoy 5 years worth of playoff hockey....

assuming everyone clicks and gels and yada yada yadaaaa....

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I'm not sure can count on Lundqvist wearing out. He averaged 60:32 minutes per game in the regular season last year, second among tenders with 60 or more games played to Carey Price. I don't think he pulls those kind of numbers again this year, which means he'll be able to play more games and be fresher for them. Or they could rest him for the playoffs. Ugh. Hopefully I'm wrong and he'll fail miserably this year.

Don't disagree with anything you said. But even with Nash, I don't see how you can give Lundqvist any time off. They struggled to a shitload of 2-1 and 3-2 wins. Even if you get 40 goals from Nash and everything else is status quo... are they really that much better?

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think you guys are undervaluing how much Nash will mean to the Rangers. They were inept on offensive because they only had 2 players who could actually skate well enough to offset their defensive system. One of those guys has stone hands (Hagelin) and the other has been the biggest enigma in the NHL over the past 10 years (Gaborik). Now that they have Nash and Kreider playing, teams wont be able to cheat against 3/4ths of the Rangers lines. Its going to be interesting to see how Fonzie adapts to his new players because his system had failed him in the playoffs last year.

I'm just glad they didnt make the trade during the trade deadline because they would have likely won the cup.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seems the Jackets players are excited about their upcoming season from what I read. I don't see anybody crying Nash is gone. They grew tired of him and nobody wants to play with a guy who wants out.

I know this isnt a bold prediction, but the Jackets regular season record will improve while the Rangers will have less points compared to last season.
Rangers are still all Henrik. I don't care if Nash scores 50 which he won't, if Henrik is out, they don't make the playoffs.