• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Rick Nash gets to sleep in his own bed - NYR at CBJ

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers in town on a bit of a hot streak, facing a Jackets team that is on a very cold one.

Not a lot of on ice history between teams, but a lot of history between players.

CBJs former Rangers: Anisimov, Tyutin, Gaborik, Dubinski, Erixon
NYRs Former Jackets: Dorsett, Brassard, Skatin' Johnny Moore, Nash

It will be interesting to see the welcome Dorsett gets, and if it's a warm one it will be interesting to see how long it lasts once he sticks Gaborik in the groin and gets his face rearranged by Boll. Maybe they will both break each others' faces and be out for the rest of the year. Jackets and Ranger fans can only hope.

But the big winner here is Rick Nash, who got to come home after hanging out in the press box last night and sleep in his own bed. He could get up this morning, go to his favorite coffee shop and get to the arena early and talk to all his buddies. Spend the day with his fiancée and family. Drive his own car. There's a lot to be said for the comforts of home. :suds:

(See, Nash still makes his offseason home in Columbus. His fiancée and father live here too.)

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing the first two periods of this game because of work, but this should be a good one. A first of many between all the former team mates.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Mrs 43's birthday, so I was out and didn't see any of it, but from discussions with friends, I am lucky I didn't. So far, I have surmised;

Mark Letestu scored a beauty for the Rangers.
Niki Nikitin once again gave away a puck that lead directly to a goal.
The Jackets got a lot of shots, and all of them were from at least half a mile away.

On the plus side, apparently Bobrovsky had a good bounceback. And if not for his own team scoring directly or giving the puck up in high dollar real estate, he would have won that one.

*sigh*

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of ifs there lol I'll gladly take that Letestu goal though. Bob made some big saves, stopped Richie on a breakaway, stopped Zucc on a big shot right in the center lane, robbed Stepan on a backhand on the side of the net when lying on his stomach. He made some big saves, but as did Cam for us.

It was a good game, Dubinsky was whining like a baby after the game, but after the game was over a lot of the players met up outside of the locker rooms and exchanged hugs lol