• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RichRod

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else seeing/hearing the crazy rumors of him coming back?

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that would make me happier is if the SOB had his bags packed and we ran the table here on out.

This is just stupid nobody sights trying to get hits, if you read the comments on one of them, someone said Lane Kiffen nail Dick Rods daughter, that is probably closer to the truth then this crap.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do believe that Fraud is ten times the coach that Holgorsen is, I would rather WVU never won another game than to hire that turncoat again. And to think you could catch lightning in the bottle a second time is not likely to happen. Retread coaches do not work out very often. OH, if only Manchin had kept his mouth shut when Pastilong was talking with Jimbo!!!!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that would make me happier is if the SOB had his bags packed and we ran the table here on out.

This is just stupid nobody sights trying to get hits, if you read the comments on one of them, someone said Lane Kiffen nail Dick Rods daughter, that is probably closer to the truth then this crap.
More likely that Fraud nailed some kin of Kiffin's, if Fraud's past is any indication......

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Kiffin nailed Dick Rod........

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do believe that Fraud is ten times the coach that Holgorsen is, I would rather WVU never won another game than to hire that turncoat again. And to think you could catch lightning in the bottle a second time is not likely to happen. Retread coaches do not work out very often. OH, if only Manchin had kept his mouth shut when Pastilong was talking with Jimbo!!!!!!

Boy you and I are having our bonding month I think!...LOL!..couldn't agree more...at least about not wanting Rich Back..I don't beleive he is better than Dana ( See Rich's record between Michigan and Arizona) I think what hurts Rich is many things..he quit on his program and is Alma Mater...last but not least he and his staff were and still not the Recruiting machines that they would need to be to compete in the Big12. Easy to turn sleeper recruits into something in a watered down Big East...won't be able to do it in this conference...again that statement is reinforced by his mediocre results at Arizona and their inability to compete in the Pac14

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy you and I are having our bonding month I think!...LOL!..couldn't agree more...at least about not wanting Rich Back..I don't beleive he is better than Dana ( See Rich's record between Michigan and Arizona) I think what hurts Rich is many things..he quit on his program and is Alma Mater...last but not least he and his staff were and still not the Recruiting machines that they would need to be to compete in the Big12. Easy to turn sleeper recruits into something in a watered down Big East...won't be able to do it in this conference...again that statement is reinforced by his mediocre results at Arizona and their inability to compete in the Pac14
Even folks who disagree a lot do have SOME common ground!!

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some chatter about UMD calling him.

That rumor has been going around, I think as long as we are mediocre the only way anyone calls him, is if it is for an OC job after he got fired.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Arizona unhappy with him? They kept Stoops around for a good while, I don't recall him having much success there.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zona won the Pac 12 South division last year. Pretty good...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cut RR some slack because of the issues with Pastilong and I WOULD like to see what that offense could do in the Big12 but.....

There are soooooo many broken hearts throughout this fan base that don't know about the issues and frankly don't care. That move would cause a split in our fan base as wide as the New River gorge imo.

If a change is the answer I find myself leaning towards Doc and keeping a few current assistants to recruit with him.

Last edited:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RichRod ship long sailed. Not so sure RichRod's offense would stand up in the Big 10 as proven by his stint at Michigan. I still say if Kirk Herbstreet kept the talks between Michigan and Les Miles quiet, the Michigan job may not have been available for RR. I would 2nd, or 3rd, the Manchin comment.

Right or wrong, I think DH will be given this season and probably the next 2 seasons. While Lyons has no ties to DH, I can't see a change unless the program totally collapses or a proven HC comes knocking, excluding RR. I know some like Doc, but there is something about him I don't care for. I guess something similar to Poppy, but Poppy at least has his reasons.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some deep pockets who want to bring Rich back to Morgantown.

It will be interesting to see if they will succeed. Will Lyons be swayed by their influence?

I would love for Rich to come back to WVU. There are so many WVU fans clamoring for him, they will never be satisfied until their man-love comes back home to lead WVU back to relevance. They feel he is a great disciplinarian… his teams play with great swagger. They only remember the great success of a small 3 year window when the BE had become so bad it could not even earn its AQ status as a BCS conference.

Casteel's reputation as a great DC lives in their minds… despite the fact he has had some of the poorest defenses in the country out there in the Zona desert.

I say… bring Rich home. If he is successful… then WVU fans will likely forgive him… support him. WVU has little more than a bunch of fair-weather fans who love to jump on the bandwagon. If Rich fails, then his boosters will be forced to keep their mouths shut… will open their wallets for the next guy. And, the great divide may have hope of being unified.

What does WVU have to lose?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors of him going to VT, USCe, MD, and WVU. :noidea:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casteel's reputation as a great DC lives in their minds… despite the fact he has had some of the poorest defenses in the country out there in the Zona desert.
Yea if RichRod does wind up back in Morgantown he needs to leave Casteel in the desert like he left him in Morgantown when he left for Michigan.

If I ever see the 3-3-5 again it will be too soon....Including Thursday night :laugh: