• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman More or Less Respect Now

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I get you. Wasn't really challenging your point other than to say that Sherman is still pretty much respected.

It's different this year because he has been tasked with covering the top receiver and it has worked out well for the most part.
Two in a row:agree: I'm off to buy a lottery ticket:yes:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really was only one rant.

Before that he did stuff like walk around New Orleans interviewing folks about who was better Sherman or Revis. That was pretty hilarious.
One "rant" but plenty of outbursts, actions, interviews... that if you weren't a Hawk fan you would find annoying. Granted even some non-Hawk fans liked his bravado. I didn't but then again I don't like celebrating a tackle after a guy just went 20 yards on you:noidea:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One "rant" but plenty of outbursts, actions, interviews... that if you weren't a Hawk fan you would find annoying. Granted even some non-Hawk fans liked his bravado. I didn't but then again I don't like celebrating a tackle after a guy just went 20 yards on you:noidea:

Oh he had that rant against Skip Bayless. Forgot about that one.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's somewhat intelligent, but in this twitter/facebook world, he's still a 'look-at-me' screaming baboon type of turd that I just don't care for....like a lot of players these days. Just STFU and play the game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's somewhat intelligent, but in this twitter/facebook world, he's still a 'look-at-me' screaming baboon type of turd that I just don't care for....like a lot of players these days. Just STFU and play the game.

I assume you hated Deion as well? And Charles Haley?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you hated Deion as well? And Charles Haley?

I despised Deion Sanders as well - even as a 49er. Didn't like him nor Michael Irvin....just me-first asswhipes in what could very well be the ultimate team sport.

Don't know what Charles Haley has to do about this.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
loudmouth, baboon?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really was only one rant.

Before that he did stuff like walk around New Orleans interviewing folks about who was better Sherman or Revis. That was pretty hilarious.

IDK if that was real but the funniest one was the fat 49ers fan was talking all kinds of trash calling Sherman fat, slow, etc. Then he looked scared when he said nice to meet you I'm R. Sherman. LOB

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if that was real but the funniest one was the fat 49ers fan was talking all kinds of trash calling Sherman fat, slow, etc. Then he looked scared when he said nice to meet you I'm R. Sherman. LOB

That was the best part. I'm almost certain it was real.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assumed I'd say that my respect for Sherman had not changed, after all, I respected him already.
Now that I have finally read the OP, I respect him more.
Whether or not he said it because he meant it or said it to be politically correct.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how so many didn't get his shtick to begin with. He's never been dumb. His degree from Stanford wasn't was of those typical wink wink degrees given to football players from most colleges. He put himself out there for publicity and it worked quite well. He became one of the most well known players in the league. Even negative press works to get you more known and cash in on endorsements.

As for his support of Brady, he's the teams player rep. When anything between the league and players goes on ALL of the player reps typically rally to support the player. He knows how easy it is for the league to accuse a guy and go on a witch hunt and none of them want to allow the league to set bad precedent.

His play this year? Not sure how anyone can watch any of Seattle's D and claim he's taken a step back. Kam came in late and never did pick up on the changes in the D, Earl has been so-so, but the problem was/is the other corner. Teams have feasted off whoever is on that side. Way more so Cary fucking Williams, but they sill don't have the balance to let Sherman just key off and know that side is solid. Part of the issues with Kam and Earl are their need to babysit that other side.

Forgive the GB troll for his stupidity, but no receiver has dominated Sherman this year. Teams have racked up more points and yards against this defense, but it's hardly on anything he hasn't done. In the past Seattle sat in mostly cover 3. They aren't much in disguising their coverages or playing exotic fronts. They simply showed you what they had and dared you to beat it. With the weak left side this year they found themselves playing a lot more of a Tampa 2 at times to stop the bleeding. So now to cover for Williams you get everyone else playing roles the team isn't designed for. It helped stop the homerun kind of plays, but made them mediocre at best. Either way, they still play a lot of zone and putting the blame on the right guy for catches has always been sketchy in those zones. If Sherman is even on the same side of the field and an outside receiver makes a catch he probably gets the blame, even if it wasn't his zone or he already handed off that player and switched. It's like that for every back in the league that isn't in man coverage. The average fan simply doesn't have the ability to know who's at fault, particularly on TV where it's difficult to see what the coverage is.