• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman More or Less Respect Now

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His opinion is worth more.
Sherman is smarter, faster, richer, stronger and better looking than you.......
Smarter- not so sure about that. (Although the Seattle fans think he a genius)
Faster - I'll give you that one.
Richer - yep
Stronger - yep
Better looking - this is where I draw the line. I'm not gonna start posting pics of myself like Brady fanboy Rock, but people tell me I'm pretty fucking gorgeous. :headbanger:

Not that my competition is tough.... :sherm: this dude is straight up hideous.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive. Good on Richard.:thumb:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must now respect someone because h gave an opinion on a hotly debated question?

huh??

What the heck does answering his opinion on deflategate have anything to do with RESPECT??

I don't understand the connection.

The answer is worthy of respect. He could have easily given an opinion that is not worthy of respect like most of Goodell's opinions on the matter or like some shithead fans of teams like the Bengals, Ravens and Giants, for example. Sherman's thinking on it is respectable.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must now respect someone because h gave an opinion on a hotly debated question?

huh??

What the heck does answering his opinion on deflategate have anything to do with RESPECT??

I don't understand the connection.

You can respect whoever you want, as can the OP. Nobody is telling you that you have to respect Sherm. A simple "No" would have answered the OP's question.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smarter- not so sure about that. (Although the Seattle fans think he a genius)
Faster - I'll give you that one.
Richer - yep
Stronger - yep
Better looking - this is where I draw the line. I'm not gonna start posting pics of myself like Brady fanboy Rock, but people tell me I'm pretty fucking gorgeous. :headbanger:

Not that my competition is tough.... :sherm: this dude is straight up hideous.
Smarter - Stanford grad.
Better looking - you are a dog!!!!!!

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the respect of the WWE that's for sure.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sherman has earned more respect as a man with non-Hawk fans. At least he has for me. He's toned down his bravado, and for the most part I enjoy listening to his interviews now.
However, he's seemed to have lost some respect as far as his defensive prowess is concerned. He's still awesome but no longer feared. I think it has a lot to do with Seattle having him do more things. Combine that with the losses on the front 7 and back end over the last two years and it's easily understandable. Hawks lost some great starting and key situational/rotational players. With the new attitude I'd love to see him on the Pats. Maybe some day at the end of his career. The Pats seem to have a way of resurecting careers.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sherman has earned more respect as a man with non-Hawk fans. At least he has for me. He's toned down his bravado, and for the most part I enjoy listening to his interviews now.
However, he's seemed to have lost some respect as far as his defensive prowess is concerned. He's still awesome but no longer feared. I think it has a lot to do with Seattle having him do more things. Combine that with the losses on the front 7 and back end over the last two years and it's easily understandable. Hawks lost some great starting and key situational/rotational players. With the new attitude I'd love to see him on the Pats. Maybe some day at the end of his career. The Pats seem to have a way of resurecting careers.

They failed with that sorry ass WR in OCHOstinko. LOB

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They failed with that sorry ass WR in OCHOstinko. LOB
They have failed on others as well. The point being BB seems to take a chance on players during the twilight of their careers. Some hit like Randy Moss. Some are, meh. Others fail like Aldalius Thomas and Ocho Stinko. Doesn't change the fact I'd like to see the Pats take a flyer on Sherman if he ever becomes available?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sherman is rarely targeted more than 2 or 3 times a game.

Either or Bennett have been the defensive MVPs of the team this year. Wright maybe as well. Sherman has been, by far, the best player in our secondary.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is rarely targeted more than 2 or 3 times a game.

Either or Bennett have been the defensive MVPs of the team this year. Wright maybe as well. Sherman has been, by far, the best player in our secondary.
I think Wright has been the most consistent this year. I've always liked him.
Bennett too many dumb offside penalties IMO. Granted him trying to time the count also allows him to be who he is.
Without a doubt Sherman has been the best on the back side. But, that's not saying much for this year. Injuries, Kam showing up late, and Thomas is just playing ok compared to what we've come to expect.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wright has been the most consistent this year. I've always liked him.
Bennett too many dumb offside penalties IMO. Granted him trying to time the count also allows him to be who he is.
Without a doubt Sherman has been the best on the back side. But, that's not saying much for this year. Injuries, Kam showing up late, and Thomas is just playing ok compared to what we've come to expect.

The Seahawks defense isn't what it was last year but it's not like its bad. Still one of the top defenses in football and their passing D is still quite good.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is very intelligent... Here's a great article regarding (4) ways he'd recommend to fix the NFL officiating...

Richard Sherman’s Four Ways to Fix NFL Officiating | The MMQB with Peter King
  1. Simplify the rules
  2. Add an eighth official, and make this position a fulltime job that requires a complex understanding of probably the most complicated rulebook in sports...
  3. Reconfigure the positions.
  4. Improve communication between players and officials
Those are all great ideas... Simplifying the rules will speed up the game... Too many lawyers/attorneys involved when making all this rules, which make them too wordy and confusing and it makes it tougher to discern what's the right call or not... When the ref's can't properly translate/communicate to a player what they did wrong on that penalty, how is the player supposed to know what he did wrong? That tells me that the ref's aren't comfortable w/ the way the rules are either...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks defense isn't what it was last year but it's not like its bad. Still one of the top defenses in football and their passing D is still quite good.
No dispute. :suds:
This was about Sherman and the respect he gets or doesn't get. The Hawk D references were used to explain my positions on how I now have more respect for the person.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is very intelligent... Here's a great article regardipding (4) ways he'd recommend to fix the NFL officiating...

Richard Sherman’s Four Ways to Fix NFL Officiating | The MMQB with Peter King
  1. Simplify the rules
  2. Add an eighth official, and make this position a fulltime job that requires a complex understanding of probably the most complicated rulebook in sports...
  3. Reconfigure the positions.
  4. Improve communication between players and officials
Those are all great ideas... Simplifying the rules will speed up the game... Too many lawyers/attorneys involved when making all this rules, which make them too wordy and confusing and it makes it tougher to discern what's the right call or not... When the ref's can't properly translate/communicate to a player what they did wrong on that penalty, how is the player supposed to know what he did wrong? That tells me that the ref's aren't comfortable w/ the way the rules are either...
I saw this the other day. Sherman I don't think has ever been considered dumb? With quotes like this he's now showing others he's not a thug. Those first few years of rants didn't display his intelligence very well.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dispute. :suds:
This was about Sherman and the respect he gets or doesn't get. The Hawk D references were used to explain my positions on how I now have more respect for the person.

Oh I get you. Wasn't really challenging your point other than to say that Sherman is still pretty much respected.

It's different this year because he has been tasked with covering the top receiver and it has worked out well for the most part.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this the other day. Sherman I don't think has ever been considered dumb? With quotes like this he's now showing others he's not a thug. Those first few years of rants didn't display his intelligence very well.

It really was only one rant.

Before that he did stuff like walk around New Orleans interviewing folks about who was better Sherman or Revis. That was pretty hilarious.