• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman/Brandon Browner

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty dumbfounded how these guys are still playing even though they failed drug tests...? Those guys need to be suspended! And with two critical games ahead I don't think it's fair they get to play! I was hearing Richard Sherman could take a 4 game suspension next year? Why would they have the honors to pick when they serve a suspension? There are huge games at stake and this is this year and that is next year. Doesn't make sense to me at all how relaxed the NFL is about this, and this is going to send a bad message to players that they could get away with this sort of thing. Bullshit!

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Mayock thinks rookie DT Fletcher Cox's "best days are ahead of him."

Way t' go out on a limb there Mike.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Browner is serving his suspension. It started last week and goes through the rest of the regular season, so he'll miss the SF game. It does look like the Seahawks are attempting to push Sherman's suspension into next season.

Mayock thinks rookie DT Fletcher Cox's "best days are ahead of him."

Way t' go out on a limb there Mike.

lol :doh:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats complete bullshit. u got caught do the time

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats complete bullshit. u got caught do the time

I agree, there should not be a choice of when that suspension starts. It should start as soon as they F up.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, there should not be a choice of when that suspension starts. It should start as soon as they F up.

I agree in general, but if he were innocent (which I don't believe) and he started paying for it immediately while the appeal went on, what do they do if he wins the appeal? Sure, he gets his game checks back, but maybe his team lost a close game he could have made a difference, or maybe he loses out on surefire incentives he would have likely achieved had he played. They couldn't compensate him more than game checks because that'd be being paid to be falsely accused. If he put himself in position to be accused when innocent, I don't feel so bad, but innocent players shouldn't pay first, ask questions after. I know every player argues they are innocent or mistaken, so thus this bs.

Having said all that, I trust that what they found was in his body and it's his responsibility to ensure that stuff doesn't get inside. I am leaning toward strict liability for this stuff, where intent does not matter, if it's in, you're responsible. If you can show a bad act by another and no knowledge at the time by you, fine - but mistake? Nope. I'm willing to be educated on this if anyone has any better knowledge on this.

Note, that I'm not talking about instances where it's unclear if it was consumed or not. If you get the chemical from medicine not prescribed or disclosed to the team, too bad. Disclose it and get it approved, or pay the consequences when it shows up - knowledge or not. Forgetting to do so or refusing to tell the team, tough luck. If you report it, team knows it, and the player doesn't know it's in there, you have a rebuttable excuse. Be responsible. If it's medically necessary, get a prescription and report it. I get confidentiality, but there should be some give and take. I don't know, if that's so strong for you, I'd respect that concern.

I am concerned about players knowing these rules, but teams or agents could get them this information. Re-employability at maximum compensation in the agent's interests, so teach your client. I am also concerned with certain things that could create false positives and those banned substances, if any, that could be from normal stuff. Telling them helps but then it also educates them on how to abuse it, potentially. I don't know if there are such things, like how poppy seeds will hurt a drug test, so would something else. That, I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From personal experience, I feel bad for Sherman if the claim that he drank a spiked water bottle is true, but at the same time, the NFL takes a hard stance against drugs and does not care how a substance enters a player's body, so I don't see how Sherms can even appeal.

If a player appeals a suspension just because they don't want to be suspended *right now*, but is blatantly guilty, the player should not only have to forfeit game checks during their suspension, but have their pay docked for the same length of time it took to enact the suspension. So, Since Sherms is filibustering his suspension until next season (not even really fighting for his innocence), he would lose the amount of cash he would have made from whenever the story broke until the beginning of the 2013 season. OR, put the onus on the team - "You can let Sherman play out this year, but you lose a 2nd round pick in the draft for putting off the suspension of your player."

"Oh, we might make the playoffs," or, "Oh, I might get a roster bonus," is a lame excuse to let someone keep playing because logic dictates that 4 games is 4 games no matter what part of the season it is. I mean, if a player uses HGH during the season, using increased speed and strength to help win games, but gets caught right before the playoffs, should the player really get a free chance to play for a Super Bowl merely because the team is doing well? How can letting someone do what they want, on their schedule, be described as punishment?

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh, I say suspend the guy. I would say the same if he was a 49er. If he is dumb enough to do that then he is dumb enough to serve the time. Adderall can be mixed in water and drank and it will have the same effects so that is believable. But you are a professional athlete. You need to know whats going into your body, I am sure you can afford your own water bottle, as a professional athlete you are held to a higher standard. No excuse.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From personal experience, I feel bad for Sherman if the claim that he drank a spiked water bottle is true, but at the same time, the NFL takes a hard stance against drugs and does not care how a substance enters a player's body, so I don't see how Sherms can even appeal.

If a player appeals a suspension just because they don't want to be suspended *right now*, but is blatantly guilty, the player should not only have to forfeit game checks during their suspension, but have their pay docked for the same length of time it took to enact the suspension. So, Since Sherms is filibustering his suspension until next season (not even really fighting for his innocence), he would lose the amount of cash he would have made from whenever the story broke until the beginning of the 2013 season. OR, put the onus on the team - "You can let Sherman play out this year, but you lose a 2nd round pick in the draft for putting off the suspension of your player."

"Oh, we might make the playoffs," or, "Oh, I might get a roster bonus," is a lame excuse to let someone keep playing because logic dictates that 4 games is 4 games no matter what part of the season it is. I mean, if a player uses HGH during the season, using increased speed and strength to help win games, but gets caught right before the playoffs, should the player really get a free chance to play for a Super Bowl merely because the team is doing well? How can letting someone do what they want, on their schedule, be described as punishment?

I don't know if it was clear in my post, but I agree with you. If he's guilty and I think he is, as in no affirmative bad act by someone else, then serve it now. Put a risk to the appeal. I was just wondering what the appropriate remedy would be if he were innocent. Return of game checks wouldn't suffice, but he also shouldn't be paid more. I guess if you want to avoid being incorrectly charged, you have to appear cleaner? But this doesn't really apply here because I think he's guilty and is just postponing the suspension unfairly.

Does anyone know if they found less substance in Sherman's body, showing incidental consumption (trace) (where I'd listen to the facts) or similar amount, where I'd say tough luck. Yes, you could accidentally consume a whole bottle, since I suppose you can't taste it, but he'd be more innocent if the bottle were empty of water, he refilled it with water, but there were traces left in the bottle from before that he was unaware. If he drank the whole bottle given to him full, too bad. Get your own bottle - someone spikes your own bottle, like the waterboy, fine, accident (assuming they don't find a link between the waterboy and player setting it up).

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever it was he screwed up, you gotta spit it out the second you notice it's not what you think it is. Take the suspension and be smarter next time.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what next...i accidentally sat on a needle?