• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 - Will you root for him when he moves on?

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this article:

Redskins commend RG III for how he has handled his situation

Got me thinking about how RG3 has been pretty much out of our view/thoughts most of this season. When they do show him on the sidelines, he really seems to be involved and cheering, helping KC, etc. I've always been a fan of RG3 and wanted him to succeed. Obviously that's not going to happen in Washington, but for the life of me I can't figure out why some fans seem to hate him and almost cheer for his demise. If/when RG3 goes to another team, I'll be rooting for him to succeed...unless he's on the Eagles or Cowboys. But yeah, I want RG3 to do well. How about you?

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Houston would be a nice landing spot. Established weapons at WR. Already a strong leadership presence with Watt, Cushing, etc. Good offensive minded coach that specializes in QB development. In his home state. Difference conference from the Skins. Just makes sense :)

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Houston would be a nice landing spot. Established weapons at WR. Already a strong leadership presence with Watt, Cushing, etc. Good offensive minded coach that specializes in QB development. In his home state. Difference conference from the Skins. Just makes sense :)

My concern as a Texan fan when it comes to RG3 is this.

How healthy is he physically?

Look at our quarterbacks we have not been able to keep healthy. Can we keep a guy who has already been injured healthy?

I am afraid going to Houston could be the end of his career.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry not a chance. If he turns into a star somewhere else why in the world would I want that? I feel like a scorned lover, I was all in the for Griff and he let me down. If he blows up somewhere else that would be incredibly frustrating.

But you are right Blaze, he has been the model citizen after the demotion. But that does not undo all the damage he did previously.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look at our quarterbacks we have not been able to keep healthy. Can we keep a guy who has already been injured healthy?

As this year has shown, QBs (and all other players) can get injured in any way, regardless of injury history. I'd say if RG3 goes to Houston or some other team, he'd be in great physical health. Dude hasn't gotten hit since preseason.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no ill will towards Robert and hope he succeeds elsewhere. Houston/ Cleveland etc.. Dallas/Phila not so much.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry not a chance. If he turns into a star somewhere else why in the world would I want that? I feel like a scorned lover, I was all in the for Griff and he let me down. If he blows up somewhere else that would be incredibly frustrating.

But you are right Blaze, he has been the model citizen after the demotion. But that does not undo all the damage he did previously.

Because it would show Shanny was douche bag? I dunno, putting aside alliances, I just feel it would be easy to root for him. He's been to the top, all the way to the bottom. Would make a nice story. I dunno, I still like the guy, always thought the hate was a bit over the top.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it would show Shanny was douche bag? I dunno, putting aside alliances, I just feel it would be easy to root for him. He's been to the top, all the way to the bottom. Would make a nice story. I dunno, I still like the guy, always thought the hate was a bit over the top.

Again why would you want a guy we invested so much into become a star for another team? Fuck that. Has nothing to do with Shanny, Hell I'm still bitter the Red Sox traded a third base prospect, guy named Jeff Bagwell, for some random set up man for the stretch run.

As the guys here know I agree about the hate being over the top. I stuck up for him right up to last August.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said become a star. I just said I'd root for him

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rg3 is a coach killer. Why would anybody root for him? We are blessed that Shanny draft KC in the 4th round to save our franchise.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your concerns are well founded. At least imo. Its still iffy far as whether or not he's finally learned to protect himself. The last couple times he was layed up due to injury it was either more his own fault, forced a fumble on damn self and when he went to recover it got concussed last preseason. Before that while running to his right he tweaked his knee and there wasn't an opponent near him. Griff's not long for the NFL. No one is ven sure if he's learned to to leave his feet and dive head-first, he was still doing that shit last preseason. has he learned to slide? I can't call it.

I don't even know why anyone is scared of him going to Philly or Dallas. He'd be brutalized worse in Chip Kelly's offense than Lisa Ling would be. If she were left in San Quentin after shooting an episode of her tv show there. That gimmick piece of shit offense hasn't had a single QB make it through a season since Kelly's ass got there and people are scared Griffin would be the shit running it? And the Cowboys ain't shit. After Romo gets busted up by week 5. I give Griffin till week 9 before he's layed up and kickin it with Tony on the sidelines. maybe with matching slings or walking boot or whatever.

And I don't hate Griffin. I hope he has a happy and long life.That said, fuck him far as football goes. He became more of a arrogant, egomaniacal, triflin, dickhead than even Mike Shanahan was. That's sayin something. And fuck Shanny to. I see Skins fans still trying to shimmy up to his nutsack cuz he drafted Cousins in the 4th rd. That one move don't make up for all the other fucked up moves he made. Mcnabb, Haslett, Morris, getting clowned by Griffin, losing double digit games 3 of his 4 years here.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how he leaves. If he leaves via FA, I hope he crashes and burns.

If he leaves via straight trade, I hope he crashes and burns.

If he leaves with boosters in a trade, I hope he reaches the max booster...then crashes and burns.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will he move on?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he has success as his career evolves .... unless he is in our division. To do that I think he has to run the read option. In his first year he was very fast but not elusive. He has a very slight build and I fear that health will always be an issue for him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will wish him well except in two situations

1. If he goes to a team in the NFCEast
2. Any time he plays against the Redskins.

I was against the trade. Fooled with his first year. And ultimately soured on his personality as related to the team. I dont wish bad on him, but no I wont say I hope he goes else where and becomes what he couldnt become for us.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I hope he crashes and burns like Vince Young? I gotta admit part of me does root for that. But not really. I don't wish total failure, more like a Mike Vick fade into obscurity.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't wish him ill will, but I won't root for him,either. I don't expect he will have a long career as a starter. Just to fragile. He will be an after thought in 5 years.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked RG3. He led this football team to some amazing wins that I will never forget, and bad ones that I would like to.

I wish RG3 all the best, but not on game day against the Redskins.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will be tavaris jackson in the end with a dash of vince young .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say that he will prove to be the best of his first round classmates ( Luck, Tannehill) in the long run, be it here or elsewhere. Rooting fom him? Let's see what DC does with him first!