• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rey's Full Eagles 2016 Mock Draft

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Projected top 7 – 1.Tenn: Tunsil 2.Clev: Wentz 3.SD: Ramsey 4.Dallas: Bosa 5.Jags: Jack 6.Ravens: Buckner 7.Niners: Goff

*** Rd 1 Pick 8 RB Ezekiel Elliott RB Ohio State (others considered: Ronnie Stanley OT, Vernon Hargreaves CB, LaQuon Treadwell WR)

- ok, you guys broke me. Going against my usual thinking, I think Zeke may end up being the best player available to us at 8. Zeke is an identity establishing 3 down back; he's the guy other teams will have to gear up to stop. I can absolutely see Pederson making Zeke the centerpiece of his offense much like you saw Jamal Charles in KC … he can either take it to the house or pound it in from 3 yards away. Mathews can continue his complimentary role and Sproles can still be sprinkled in as well. Ultimately what makes me pass over Stanley is his inability as a fit at Guard which he would have to play for a year or two depending on Jason Peters. Hargreaves is a consideration as well, but I think there are solid Corners we can get later and the 5'10” height is a slight worry. Zeke will also help out the passing game as teams will have to focus on stopping him and it should open up things for play action.

Round 2 (Late 2nd via trade up – using 3rd round pick #79 plus 153 5th & 191 6th)

*** Rd 2 OG/OT Vadal Alexander LSU

- We have to fill that LG position; we can't have a repeat of last season where having below average Guard play prevented us from running the ball effectively between the tackles. With an upgraded OL and Zeke running behind it we now have an identity and Bradford just needs to manage things and not make mistakes which I think he is capable of doing for us. Alexander can play both Tackle and Guard, but Guard (especially LG) is where he will be most effective (really good run blocker) at the next level.

• *** Rd 3 Pick 77 CB DJ White Georgia Tech

- One of the best Corners I saw this past year that nobody seems to be talking about. Excellent form tackler, breaks well on the ball and doesn't give up on plays as you can see on the clip above. Excellent athlete with experience at both press coverage and zone.

*** Rd 4 Pick 101 WR Kenny Lawler Cal

- While not the fastest or most athletic receiver available, Lawler has arguably the best pair of mitts in the draft. Not only does he have huge hands, but he pretty much catches everything thrown in his vicinity. He may also have the best body control / timing of any receiver I've looked at from this class. He reminds me a lot of Keenan McCardell of year's past. Good height at 6'2” and a lean 205 and despite not having great long speed, has nice initial quickness to get open; Jared Goff's favorite target and an excellent Red Zone threat.

Rd 5 Pick 153 Traded

*** Rd 5 Pick 164 DE/LB Yannick Ngakoue Maryland

- I like this kid a lot. He's a tweener, but he has a knack for getting to the QB. Maybe we luck out and find the next Trent Cole. I have him rated higher than this, but I'm trying to stay along the lines of where most sites have these guys going.

Rd 6 Pick 191 Traded

*** Rd 7 Pick 231 QB Nate Sudfeld Indiana

- Sudfeld has the size and arm strength you want in a prospect, but struggled a bit with accuracy. There were periods last season where he looked like an excellent prospect and others where he was inconsistent. In Rd 7 you go with potential if it slips and from all the rankings I see it seems this is around where he's slated to go. With our 2 QB's set in stone you look at what Sudfeld can do in the preseason and take it from there.

*** Rd 7 Pick 249 DT Connor Wujciak BC

- At this point you are just looking for depth. Connor has some burst in the middle and compliments Allen on the 2nd unit. He's pretty decent against the run as well and could become a fan fav quickly if he can make the club.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's see where to start.....I like the players you have selected, got one of my sleepers in there in Yannick Ngakoue....I do not see any Sane team that would do that trade with you though. No team is willingly gonna drop out of the second rd to move back into the 3rd rd and take late round picks. The only way we are getting that 2nd rd pick back is if we trade from 8-15 to the Rams or a team in that area of the draft. I love Zeke, but I keep struggling to justify rb in rd 1. I get the pick though, I do. I definitely like some of your selections though.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Elliott is a stud, and if we're forced to stay at 8 he'll be the highest ranked player unless someone drops. I really don't want to go RB round 1 but I would understand if we did. Really want Dixon in the mid rounds.

I really like the DJ White pick. Don't know much about this Ngakoue kid but I'll dig up some tape.

PS No Brandon Allen!? He's in the mock I'm working on right now.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Elliott is a stud, and if we're forced to stay at 8 he'll be the highest ranked player unless someone drops. I really don't want to go RB round 1 but I would understand if we did. Really want Dixon in the mid rounds.

I really like the DJ White pick. Don't know much about this Ngakoue kid but I'll dig up some tape.

PS No Brandon Allen!? He's in the mock I'm working on right now.

You know I love Brandon Allen, but I think he will go in Rd 3 or 4 which is higher than I think the Eagles are ready to take a QB. If we can get Zeke and strengthen the OL I have a feeling Bradford will have success.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's see where to start.....I like the players you have selected, got one of my sleepers in there in Yannick Ngakoue....I do not see any Sane team that would do that trade with you though. No team is willingly gonna drop out of the second rd to move back into the 3rd rd and take late round picks. The only way we are getting that 2nd rd pick back is if we trade from 8-15 to the Rams or a team in that area of the draft. I love Zeke, but I keep struggling to justify rb in rd 1. I get the pick though, I do. I definitely like some of your selections though.

I'd be willing to part with more for the move up (i.e. a 3rd next year). It's too important to solidify the OL and I see Vadal Alexander as an instant plug in type player at LG. I highly doubt he drops to Rd 3 which is why I would make the trade up to get him.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to part with more for the move up (i.e. a 3rd next year). It's too important to solidify the OL and I see Vadal Alexander as an instant plug in type player at LG. I highly doubt he drops to Rd 3 which is why I would make the trade up to get him.
Vadal Alexander and Josh Garnett are my 2 favorites in this draft. Truthfully Rey I think we just might be in a better spot to trade back from 8 to say 15 gain a 2nd and a 4th rd pick in the process. We would still get a pro bowl caliber player at 15. I'd take Mackensie Alexander in a heartbeat. The dude is gonna be an NFL stud. Look at his film vs Notre Dame, he ran with Fuller! As much as I love Zeke, I just can't see us drafting Rb in rd 1. Shady was selected second rd by Andy Reid and I think that is more along the lines of what Pederson will want to do. I'm guessing rd 3.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vadal Alexander and Josh Garnett are my 2 favorites in this draft. Truthfully Rey I think we just might be in a better spot to trade back from 8 to say 15 gain a 2nd and a 4th rd pick in the process. We would still get a pro bowl caliber player at 15. I'd take Mackensie Alexander in a heartbeat. The dude is gonna be an NFL stud. Look at his film vs Notre Dame, he ran with Fuller! As much as I love Zeke, I just can't see us drafting Rb in rd 1. Shady was selected second rd by Andy Reid and I think that is more along the lines of what Pederson will want to do. I'm guessing rd 3.

Mac Alexander imo is every bit as good in coverage as Hargreaves, but he's almost 2 years older and didn't even have 1 Int in his college career. That being said I would take him in a heartbeat if we can trade down and snag a 2nd rounder in the process. If we can't find a trade down partner though I think we almost have to take Zeke as he projects as a Pro Bowl player and be the centerpiece to our offense.

I think both V Alexander and Garnett end up going in Rd 2 ... love them both and I would take either to be our starter at LG.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey I agree they both guards go in rd 2....I like Hargreaves, but I like Alexanders Physical style of play better.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey I agree they both guards go in rd 2....I like Hargreaves, but I like Alexanders Physical style of play better.

You and me both ... I think the Int's will come at the pro level. Team's just rarely threw his way in college. Alexander at 12-15 imo is better value than Hargreaves at 8.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apple is better than Hargreaves. Hargreaves has serious bust potential in the pros.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right you rotten dirty Bird rat bassturds :D
You stay away from Zeke he is going to fail on any team in the NFC East but the Cowboys :trash:

Seriously Zeke will make a great pick for any team needing a RB I just don't want to see him wearing Eagle green or Gnats Blue this fall but he would look great in silver and blue but don't believe that will happen. If he lands in the NFC East defenses better get ready to stop the run.

Yannick is flying under the radar per the mocks who knows about the teams scouts though

Good draft if it plays out that way for y'all

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really having a problem with value at #8. Stanley is soft, although a good technician. Too early for Hargreaves, I think. If we can't get one of the true studs - Mack, Ramsey, or Bosa, then I am glad to trade back for more picks, as we can get Conklin, etc.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You draft Zeke at 8. You'll have to get your other stuff somewhere else.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it the more I want Zeke at 8 - he's just too good to pass up. Unless Buckner or Bosa drops.

This is a fairly good guard class, I'd take my chances and draft two or three with our mid/late round picks and try to not get too cute with trade backs and whatnot.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless one of the top 5 drops to 8, and we have no trading partners -- Zeke is going to be the best value for sure.

If we find a trade down partner then Conklin, Alexander and Apple come into play in the 1st. In my mock I have us taking Conklin around 12-15 and Dixon in the 2nd. I'm not waiting around and hoping Dixon falls to our 3rd, I think he can be a really special 3-down back. I really like DJ White in the 3rd too.

So in this situation, would you guys rather have Zeke or Conklin + Dixon? I'm going with the latter if we have the opportunity.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Rams fan I can tell you almost everyone was shocked they picked TG at 10 last year and remember he was stil in rehab. Zeke seems to be more of a threat in the passing game then TG but the Rams haven't figured out how to get him the ball so it's probably not his fought. Any way if Zeke is the real deal you guys will be happy with the pick at 8. No Ram fans are bitching about the pick now. Will help Bradford out in many ways.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Rams fan I can tell you almost everyone was shocked they picked TG at 10 last year and remember he was stil in rehab. Zeke seems to be more of a threat in the passing game then TG but the Rams haven't figured out how to get him the ball so it's probably not his fought. Any way if Zeke is the real deal you guys will be happy with the pick at 8. No Ram fans are bitching about the pick now. Will help Bradford out in many ways.
I think that the majority of us are good with the pick of Zeke at 8. He will be a tremendous help for SB. If he is there at 8, he is the pick barring any trade? He is the total package. I was lucky enough to see him in person and on tv while I was in Columbus. Eddie George and Archie Griffin are legends at The Ohio State, now I think Zeke will be added to this group.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apple is better than Hargreaves. Hargreaves has serious bust potential in the pros.
We agree.

As for the original post I love the 1st 4 picks but like Wings I don't see that trade happening. If we were to select Zeke and then add a stud OG plus another solid WR, I think this team could surprise. I'm already stoked.