• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

review of the game and some players

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-Frustrating. Ended a lot like the super bowl. Terrible officiating but yet we were in a position to win it. Kap forces a pass to Crabtree and its over. Really felt like we let this one slip away. We made some good plays and were in control for a large part of it.

-the oline played pretty good in pass protection overall. Anthony Davis struggled at times and was beat bad. The run blocking was shit but Seattle had 8 or 9 in the box at times. Overall this year they underperformed for all their hype. A new center maybe could spark this group.

-I just dont know what to make of Kaepernick. He has some major flaws. He made some huge mistakes, and again, doesn't read the field and stares down receivers. With that the said, he was pretty much our whole offense though for a while. The jury is still definitely out on him. Is he our future? I just don't know. I

-Crabtree had some nice catches and continues to ball. Need to make sure we hang on to him.

-Losing Bowman completely deflated me. Even if we won this game, I'm not sure if we could've beat the Broncos without him. I'm almost expecting he is going to miss some time next season due to his injury.

-Aldon Smith and Justin Smith were wrecking havoc all day. Great pressure and some great effort by them. Ray Mcdonald had a few nice plays too.

-Willis seemed a little quiet in this game. In my opinion, he just didnt have all that great of a season(to his standards) he seems to have fallen off. For how big his contract is, and what we expect out of him, we need Bowman like production.

-Eric Reid was challanged for pretty much the first time all season. His response was a little below average in the passing game. In run support he made some mistakes as well. Disappointing to see from him after such a great rookie season. The positive thing though is he should get better.

-Only saw the play live obviously but to me it seemed Reid and Whitner really fucked up on that long pass play in the first half. Sure, Wilson had a lot of time but all they had to do was not let Baldwin get behind them and look at him. They both seemed to be staring at the QB but were in no position to help if Russell took off running. Terrible mental mistake by both of them I believe.

-Brock and Brown played a good game I believe. I dont think I really even remember seeing Brown which must be a good thing. Brock gave up a few plays I think but overall solid.

-Rogers is terrible. We already were probably going to cut him this offseason but this is really a no brainer.

-This isn't anything new but Vernon Davis is just a soft player. He seems to get intimidated by Seattle and every game takes some huge hits by them. It'd be nice if we could have some nastinesss. I almost think he would be more effective back when he was 1st and 2nd yr player and had that fire(although a lot of immaturity)

-We really need a top physical RB for our offense. James sucks - no breaking news there. Hunter has lost a little it seems since his injury. He's a good change of pace back but nothing more. Gore, for how great he was and is, is getting old and has a lot of limitations because of this. Maybe Lattimore is the guy for this. This could be a huge boost next year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

-We need to reload next year. We have some pretty big holes on this team but have some good draft picks to address these issues along with some young guys(Tank and Lattimore). Center, CB and WR are all pretty big needs.

-Boldin is a nice player and made a lot of plays for us this year but I feel like our offense is limited with him and Crabtree. I'd love to find a young playmaker here with some speed. Easier said than down but I feel like it could really open up our offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sucks about the last play is Kap had Patton wide open in the flat but he predetermined to go to Crab. Had he made the throw to Patton at worst it would have been 2nd and 4 with ~25 seconds to go at the 15 instead of game over. I am just so frustrated that he went for it all when he didn't need to.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What sucks about the last play is Kap had Patton wide open in the flat but he predetermined to go to Crab. Had he made the throw to Patton at worst it would have been 2nd and 4 with ~25 seconds to go at the 15 instead of game over. I am just so frustrated that he went for it all when he didn't need to.

I didn't notice that. I didn't look at the last play too much out of disgust.

If that's the case though, thats just another very big negative on Kaepernick.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Frustrating. Ended a lot like the super bowl. Terrible officiating but yet we were in a position to win it. Kap forces a pass to Crabtree and its over. Really felt like we let this one slip away. We made some good plays and were in control for a large part of it.

-the oline played pretty good in pass protection overall. Anthony Davis struggled at times and was beat bad. The run blocking was shit but Seattle had 8 or 9 in the box at times. Overall this year they underperformed for all their hype. A new center maybe could spark this group.

-I just dont know what to make of Kaepernick. He has some major flaws. He made some huge mistakes, and again, doesn't read the field and stares down receivers. With that the said, he was pretty much our whole offense though for a while. The jury is still definitely out on him. Is he our future? I just don't know. I

-Crabtree had some nice catches and continues to ball. Need to make sure we hang on to him.

-Losing Bowman completely deflated me. Even if we won this game, I'm not sure if we could've beat the Broncos without him. I'm almost expecting he is going to miss some time next season due to his injury.

-Aldon Smith and Justin Smith were wrecking havoc all day. Great pressure and some great effort by them. Ray Mcdonald had a few nice plays too.

-Willis seemed a little quiet in this game. In my opinion, he just didnt have all that great of a season(to his standards) he seems to have fallen off. For how big his contract is, and what we expect out of him, we need Bowman like production.

-Eric Reid was challanged for pretty much the first time all season. His response was a little below average in the passing game. In run support he made some mistakes as well. Disappointing to see from him after such a great rookie season. The positive thing though is he should get better.

-Only saw the play live obviously but to me it seemed Reid and Whitner really fucked up on that long pass play in the first half. Sure, Wilson had a lot of time but all they had to do was not let Baldwin get behind them and look at him. They both seemed to be staring at the QB but were in no position to help if Russell took off running. Terrible mental mistake by both of them I believe.

-Brock and Brown played a good game I believe. I dont think I really even remember seeing Brown which must be a good thing. Brock gave up a few plays I think but overall solid.

-Rogers is terrible. We already were probably going to cut him this offseason but this is really a no brainer.

-This isn't anything new but Vernon Davis is just a soft player. He seems to get intimidated by Seattle and every game takes some huge hits by them. It'd be nice if we could have some nastinesss. I almost think he would be more effective back when he was 1st and 2nd yr player and had that fire(although a lot of immaturity)

-We really need a top physical RB for our offense. James sucks - no breaking news there. Hunter has lost a little it seems since his injury. He's a good change of pace back but nothing more. Gore, for how great he was and is, is getting old and has a lot of limitations because of this. Maybe Lattimore is the guy for this. This could be a huge boost next year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

-We need to reload next year. We have some pretty big holes on this team but have some good draft picks to address these issues along with some young guys(Tank and Lattimore). Center, CB and WR are all pretty big needs.

-Boldin is a nice player and made a lot of plays for us this year but I feel like our offense is limited with him and Crabtree. I'd love to find a young playmaker here with some speed. Easier said than down but I feel like it could really open up our offense.

He may miss the entire season since its at least an ACL tear.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
overall bad 2nd half. Gore might be done. he had nothing left

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how did this happen? defensively we started SOO well... offense moved the ball...

how

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Reid stunk it up today. He's a very good safety, but HE IS NOT SPECIAL - not a player I would have traded up for in the first. Forget about the long bomb, the angle/missed tackle he had on Lynch on his long TD run was pathetic. That's not something you would expect from an elite safety. With all that said, he's a rookie and he gets a major pass from me solely because of that. Next year, I won't so understanding if his bonehead plays continues. Still, I can't believe we traded up for a safety; that was a bold move by him so since he did that then Baalke better trade up again this year but this time he needs to target a position of a greater value such as WR or CB.

I don't understand why we didn't dial up a play for Davis that would have exposed Chancellor in man coverage. I'm talking about a play similar to the run he ran against the Bucs. Playing Kam in the short/intermediate places (confine spaces) is only playing to his strength.

Vance McDonald had some nice plays today. Receiving and blocking. I still don't think he was a good selection in the 2nd round last year. Again, because he too is a rookie, I'm giving him a pass as well. But man does he make me miss Delanie Walker despite Walker's occasional stone hands.

Our special teams (Kick return and punt retur) unit sucks so badly. I think we need to draft De'Anthony Thomas solely because of this dire need. We need to cut our ties with one Oregon Duck (LMJ) and then add another Oregon Duck (Black Mamba). He's a true ace on the return game and would help us out tremendously if we had him on our team.

Seattle might even be a little tougher to beat in 2014 if Harvin returns back 100% healthy. So we need to catch up to them on the specials teams element of the game as well as adding more talent on the defensive side of the ball.

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Eric Reid stunk it up today. He's a very good safety, but HE IS NOT SPECIAL - not a player I would have traded up for in the first. Forget about the long bomb, the angle/missed tackle he had on Lynch on his long TD run was pathetic. That's not something you would expect from an elite safety. With all that said, he's a rookie and he gets a major pass from me solely because of that. Next year, I won't so understanding if his bonehead plays continues. Still, I can't believe we traded up for a safety; that was a bold move by him so since he did that then Baalke better trade up again this year but this time he needs to target a position of a greater value such as WR or CB.

I don't understand why we didn't dial up a play for Davis that would have exposed Chancellor in man coverage. I'm talking about a play similar to the run he ran against the Bucs. Playing Kam in the short/intermediate places (confine spaces) is only playing to his strength.

Vance McDonald had some nice plays today. Receiving and blocking. I still don't think he was a good selection in the 2nd round last year. Again, because he too is a rookie, I'm giving him a pass as well. But man does he make me miss Delanie Walker despite Walker's occasional stone hands.

Our special teams (Kick return and punt retur) unit sucks so badly. I think we need to draft De'Anthony Thomas solely because of this dire need. We need to cut our ties with one Oregon Duck (LMJ) and then add another Oregon Duck (Black Mamba). He's a true ace on the return game and would help us out tremendously if we had him on our team.

Seattle might even be a little tougher to beat in 2014 if Harvin returns back 100% healthy. So we need to catch up to them on the specials teams element of the game as well as adding more talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Dude you could have said the same thing about Earl Thomas in the SF/Sea game in SF.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happen was we stopped blitzing in the 2nd half. we were only rushing 3 or 4 people. i didnt get it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whitner played worse then Reid. Reid had to help whitner 2 times on those deep balls.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Earl Thomas is sitting on Davis most of the time just for that. They don't giver Sherman help at all and Maxwell doesn't need to worry about getting burnt deep by Boldin so the only other threat is Davis. The sad thing is there's some guys that deserve superbowl wins like Bow, Pat, Justin Smith, Gore, etc and now our window is closing. Unless Lattimore, Carradine, Patton, and some of the other young guys can step up in a big way it's going to be tough to beat Seattle for the next two years. Then they'll have to start losing guys with cap issues too.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dude you could have said the same thing about Earl Thomas in the SF/Sea game in SF.

What a poor excuse to rely upon to pardon someone. That's just a pathetic of an excuse!!

The Seahawks wouldn't have scored a TD on that drive had he made that tackle. Yes, they would have scored a FG, but not a TD. Defense would have settled down and forced them to kick a fg instead. Take away that TD, and give them a FG instead, that would have been HUGE!! We would have been playing in overtime and stolen the game from them in overtime. That TD Rogers gave on a 4th down was simply a fluke play, he got burnt on a fluke play. He needs to be cut for that boneheaded play. Anyway, IMO the biggest mistake was Reid's missed tackle, freaking horrible angle. I'm getting upset all over again thinking about it. He makes that tackle, we win the game!!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Rogers, Whitner and Goodwin gone. I would like to see Gore Retire(I don't want them to cut him).

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Kaep missing Patton open it's nothing new. Kaep decides pre snap where he going with the ball and goes ther regardless of coverage. On an earlier play he went to Boldin for what would have been a 5 yard gain and he had Anything Dixon off in the left flat with the closest defender 10 yards away as they didn't pick up him leaking out. Kaeps huge flaws get glossed over by some because he runs fast and sometimes he makes that make you go wow.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just watched it again. Yeah Patton is wide open for some easy yards. I dont know what Kaepernick saw. I'm sure nothing and he was just going to throw it to Crabtree no matter what on that play like he has done in the past.

wow guys, we needed a TD and the Crabs is our target. The play was there, the ball was going right into Crabs hands but Sherman made an all-world play on the ball. That was a throw you have to make and hope your guy makes the play. Instead, their guy made the big play, like they did all day. They made the big plays, we did not. They win.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just watched it again. Yeah Patton is wide open for some easy yards. I dont know what Kaepernick saw. I'm sure nothing and he was just going to throw it to Crabtree no matter what on that play like he has done in the past.

Don't you think that was the play that was called? They got the look they wanted, our "best pass catcher ever" going one on one. 30 seconds left. Need a TD. They just made the play, and got lucky on the rebound. At worst you expect incomplete.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clock management on the last drive was very bad. Harbaugh lost his mind again at the end, just like he did in the Super Bowl. he needs to calm down a little and show some controlled leadership.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think that was the play that was called? They got the look they wanted, our "best pass catcher ever" going one on one. 30 seconds left. Need a TD. They just made the play, and got lucky on the rebound. At worst you expect incomplete.

The problem is he was going up against the league's best Corner who had owned Crabtree all day. The real issue though is that Kaepernick will not use the middle of the field. He only throws to the outside and this time his limitations cost us the game. This is not U of Nevada and its not the WAC Conference. You have to use the whole field in order to be effective. The Seahawks had an inside linebacker trailing the play in the corner of the end zone for pete's sake. Do you think he knew Kaepernick wouldn't throw inside? Of course he did.