• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

review of the game and some players

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really torn about Kaepernick, on the one hand he made plays and that td throw was fucking incredible, but there's no denying that horrible fourth quarter -- but he made throws until the very end play where his tendency to lock on the receiver was a killer. I read in one column that not only was Patton open but VD was wide open at the 5. I think that this offseason that's what he needs to work on exclusive of anything else --- learning his craft at seeing other open receivers, progressions, etc.
As for Reid, he's a rookie and had a good year -- I think he'll get better.
Very disappointed Gore didn't do more.
The secondary needs work --- I'd rather draft a top corner if one is available than a top receiver, because I think we have the tools Kaepernick just isn't seeing them.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle had 8 in the box a lot on Sunday. Gore is taking shit, but how's he supposed to run when he sees 8 on every play? Where's the play action Roman? Where's running with 3 and 4 WR sets Roman? Our run game has sucked lately because it's too predictable. Even us armchair DC's can see it's a Gore up the gut run.

Our biggest need in the offseason is a new OC.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope Bowman can recover fully from this. That guy is a warrior! Did you notice that he still held on to the ball after his knee got wrecked?. That says a lot about his courage. he didn't scream and let the ball go like that bitch Manningham did.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Preferably, one who can convince Harbs to be more aggressive and build a big lead, not try to eek out a win at the end.

We need a better run-blocking Line, a younger, more powerful, running back,a nose tackle and a solid backup QB.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow guys, we needed a TD and the Crabs is our target. The play was there, the ball was going right into Crabs hands but Sherman made an all-world play on the ball. That was a throw you have to make and hope your guy makes the play. Instead, their guy made the big play, like they did all day. They made the big plays, we did not. They win.

1) we had time left and timeouts left. We didnt have to go for TD right there. Plus it was 1st or 2nd down.

2) Sherman was all over Crabtree. Sure it was one on one but he was not open at all. Additionally, Sherman is probably the best corner in the league and is taller than crabtree. I jump ball is a terrible decision in that situation.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a better run-blocking Line, a younger, more powerful, running back,a nose tackle and a solid backup QB.

Don't think NT is a big need at all, Dorsey did very well this season and we will be getting Ian Williams back for depth. WR and CB are the two most glaring needs and we need a much more explosive kick returner, LMJ's botched another punt return during the game.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I sure hope Bowman can recover fully from this. That guy is a warrior! Did you notice that he still held on to the ball after his knee got wrecked?. That says a lot about his courage. he didn't scream and let the ball go like that bitch Manningham did.

Yeah, Bowman is a true warrior. Killed me inside to see that happen to him. He did everything he could possibly do in that situation.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't you think that was the play that was called? They got the look they wanted, our "best pass catcher ever" going one on one. 30 seconds left. Need a TD. They just made the play, and got lucky on the rebound. At worst you expect incomplete.

Yeah that was the play that was called but it doesn't mean you have to predecide who you are going to go to. There are other reads and other options if your first read is covered. Kaepernick didnt care about this and decided no matter what he was going to go for Crabtree. Its a terrible decision given the fact that its their best corner and probably the best corner in the league.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah that was the play that was called but it doesn't mean you have to predecide who you are going to go to. There are other reads and other options if your first read is covered. Kaepernick didnt care about this and decided no matter what he was going to go for Crabtree. Its a terrible decision given the fact that its their best corner and probably the best corner in the league.

I think they got exactly what they wanted on that play, the players and the coaches. Sherman had to make an all-world play to prevent the game winning TD. He made a better play than we did, thats all. And they got lucky on the bounce. Shoulda been 2 and 10 at worst. Has anyone heard the coaches comment on that play?

You guys make it sound like the worst read and worst decision of all time when it was nothing of the sort. If he had been covered in a way that allowed for an easy int then it is another story. He wasn't, the ball was going directly into Crabs outstretched hands, Sherman managed to whirl around and get one hand on it. Then destiny took over and the hawks magical season got another magical play with the int off the rebound. And with 30 seconds left you have to take a chance and see if your playmaker can make a play.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think NT is a big need at all, Dorsey did very well this season and we will be getting Ian Williams back for depth. WR and CB are the two most glaring needs and we need a much more explosive kick returner, LMJ's botched another punt return during the game.

Don't confuse Nolan with the truth!!

Against the rules...