• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ReTooling, my take looking forward

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go.to overthecap.com. click cap space and look at the 2017 numbers. Eagles number 32. Click 2018. Eagles number 32. Click 2019. Eagles number 32. Look at the other teams near the bottom. Perennial playoff teams. They are getting some value for their investment. Chiefs 12-4. Giants 11-5. Cowboys 13-3. Eagles 7-9. At least the other teams spending money are getting value. Eagles are not.

That is not proving that contracts are bad. You have to do better than that. Here is some info for you. If you look at the Eagle contracts on any of the lists you will see that they are from your boy Chip.

Like I said....a lot of teams....actually most of them will have bad free agency deals. So like I said....back your bullshit up because I just easily debunked it. Crawl back into your little hole if you can. People with a clue are trying to talk football.

Ranking the Worst Contracts in the NFL Today

The top 25 NFL players who are tremendously overpaid

Ranking the Worst Contracts in the NFL Today

The 10 Worst NFL Free Agency Contracts of 2016

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of banning posters, or running our forum like a place where people can't come in and talk smack and be critical, but Premium might be an exception.

I am putting him on ignore and would urge others to do so as well. He is a confused individual who can't decide if he is an Eagles fan, a Niners fan, a man, a woman, or Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Bisexual and Queer person, or perhaps a duck. I have no fucking idea. All I know is he is stupid as fuck and even more annoying.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Jenkins signing, it was flat-out great. A lot of us wanted that other safety who wound up with the Saints. Guess what, he was a huge bust and got cut.

Jenkins is not an All Pro, but he is an above average coverage safety who is smart and a decent tackler, if not a hard hitter. He doesn't make as many INTs as I would like, but he covers well, can drop into the slot and handle receivers and TEs, and is a leader. If we had 4 Malcolm Jenkins our secondary would be elite.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will save you the time for banning me as i am clearly wasting my time. Call this my parting shot.

For example on the overpaid contracts i listed 6 players and everyone focused on the most questionable one. Several of you have made the same comment on most of the other players. As far as phillygreens latest his rebuttal was antecdotal and subjective articles while mine was hard numerical data.

I feel for you guys as i know you are true fans who just want to believe the best. I was there with you for years so i know the feeling. Personally i cant ignore what i see going on. But i guess you guys are better off with your view than mine so i will stop trying to enlighten.

Cheers and i wish the eagles all the best...will be surprised if it happens with Howie and Doug but i still hope it happens for you.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will save you the time for banning me as i am clearly wasting my time. Call this my parting shot.

For example on the overpaid contracts i listed 6 players and everyone focused on the most questionable one. Several of you have made the same comment on most of the other players. As far as phillygreens latest his rebuttal was antecdotal and subjective articles while mine was hard numerical data.

I feel for you guys as i know you are true fans who just want to believe the best. I was there with you for years so i know the feeling. Personally i cant ignore what i see going on. But i guess you guys are better off with your view than mine so i will stop trying to enlighten.

Cheers and i wish the eagles all the best...will be surprised if it happens with Howie and Doug but i still hope it happens for you.

:yes::thumb::suds::D:clap::crazy::dhd::eek::heh::hope:

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.....I really don't mind using the ignore button. No qualms with it in instances like this. Learned that well on my old board.

Only problem (for lack of a better word) is that you can still see the noise through the replies of others.

As such I will remind all again that any reply = attention and matters in that simple regard. Make no reply and the noise resolves itself.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Howie is just trading one hole for another. Yes he added some potential at Wr. I am happier with the Jeffery signing now that i hear it was only 9.5m guarantee. But he gave up half his defensive line in Barwin and Logan. They need about 5 players through the draft and at least 2 to contribute immediately.

This is a far cry from a few years ago when they had starting lineups all in place before the draft and could draft bpa and thinking down the road.

But when you overpay across the boars for players this is where you end up.

Stop pretending we were just fine when chippy was here. We had starting lineups? We got a starting lineup now too. And this defence is better than anything kelly put on the field. He was in over his head. Everyone sees that now.

Stop pretending that this team is ready to compete. Yeah they're strapped at the moment but you don't build a team thru fa. This team is still at the building stage. Not having cash isn't a significant disadvantage at this stage.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop pretending we were just fine when chippy was here. We had starting lineups? We got a starting lineup now too. And this defence is better than anything kelly put on the field. He was in over his head. Everyone sees that now.

Stop pretending that this team is ready to compete. Yeah they're strapped at the moment but you don't build a team thru fa. This team is still at the building stage. Not having cash isn't a significant disadvantage at this stage.

Orlando Eagles is right. Don't give him any ammunition, he's here just to troll and get people's dander up. Trust me he is getting a good laugh and entertainment reading everyone's responses to his. Not worth it.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando Eagles is right. Don't give him any ammunition, he's here just to troll and get people's dander up. Trust me he is getting a good laugh and entertainment reading everyone's responses to his. Not worth it.

Exactly! The very defining trait of a troll is to get amusement from the replies they get. As my former other board mates would know it....it's being the straw.

Give no ammunition.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guilty of being a numbers guy. Suggest you study those cap numbers a little. The amount of committed money the Eagles have on good but not great talent is huge by a large number over every other team in the league. Its bad deal after bad deal for the last couple of years.

Howie said it looks good moving forward. Howie knows and you don't. We can look at most of the contracts ourselves, so we also know we're good moving forward.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Jenkins signing, it was flat-out great. A lot of us wanted that other safety who wound up with the Saints. Guess what, he was a huge bust and got cut.

Jenkins is not an All Pro, but he is an above average coverage safety who is smart and a decent tackler, if not a hard hitter. He doesn't make as many INTs as I would like, but he covers well, can drop into the slot and handle receivers and TEs, and is a leader. If we had 4 Malcolm Jenkins our secondary would be elite.

Jenkins has been a great leader for the defense. Sucks that we haven't had any CBs while he's been here.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just signed Nick Foles, so the cap is not an obstacle for Howie. He knows how finagle the cap.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we will be drafting a WR this year.... if we do it will be in the 5th round or later. Nelson may improve this year between the 2 vets giving him some advice and its been known that it takes a few years for WRs to develop.
2 CB's are a must... the tough part is that we need them to start this year and it could start out ugly.
RB is a much bigger need then we would like to admit. Sproles cant carry the ball all the time. I expect one of our top 3 picks to be a RB.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best model is the Patriots. Won the Superbowl and had a ton of cap space. Leveraged it to reload with Cooks and Gilmore. Meanwhile the Eagles are left bottom feeding.

What is their model?

1. Get the best coach in the league.
2. Get the best QB in the league.
3. ???
4. Win Super Bowl.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we will be drafting a WR this year.... if we do it will be in the 5th round or later. Nelson may improve this year between the 2 vets giving him some advice and its been known that it takes a few years for WRs to develop.
2 CB's are a must... the tough part is that we need them to start this year and it could start out ugly.
RB is a much bigger need then we would like to admit. Sproles cant carry the ball all the time. I expect one of our top 3 picks to be a RB.

Agree on everything. We need to add a vet cornerback. Can't have a bunch of rookies back there all year. Hopefully Brooks can still play a somewhat functional level of nickelback.

RB is a huge need. I don't want to bank on Smallwood. Honestly I would move Sproles and sign a FA and draft a guy. Really re-stock the stable with some power RBs.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't wait til the 5th round, because Jeffrey may not be back after this season. 3rd round - yes, as there are some real good WRs in the mid rounds. I think Jeffrey will be back, but you never know, and yu have to have a replacement plan.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't wait til the 5th round, because Jeffrey may not be back after this season. 3rd round - yes, as there are some real good WRs in the mid rounds. I think Jeffrey will be back, but you never know, and yu have to have a replacement plan.

There will be 10+ million of replacement plan money available for someone if Jeffery proves not to be worth it.

Did you hear what Belichick said the other day on preferring veteran WRs over rookie guys due to the simple college offenses most of them come from?

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on everything. We need to add a vet cornerback. Can't have a bunch of rookies back there all year. Hopefully Brooks can still play a somewhat functional level of nickelback.

RB is a huge need. I don't want to bank on Smallwood. Honestly I would move Sproles and sign a FA and draft a guy. Really re-stock the stable with some power RBs.

A vet CB would be nice, but its a luxury item. Remember this is a growing year for us and to get younger. Not sure who's even out there in FA that would be worth the cash.

I disagree 5th round is fine. Jeffrey came here because of Wentz.. we will also be shedding Peter's contract next season so there is money there. Now lets just hope Wentz isn't a fluke....

ENut is right about WRs it takes 2-3 years to develop a WR in most cases.

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A vet CB would be nice, but its a luxury item. Remember this is a growing year for us and to get younger. Not sure who's even out there in FA that would be worth the cash.

There are a bunch of vets on the market for a variety of reasons. Some guys aren't that good, some aren't that young and some are injury risks. But we need to pick our favorite for our system eventually. The price for each pretty much comes down daily/weekly.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still possible that Bennie Logan could return on a one-year deal, which would help extend the time to figure out the position later on. Reports are he visited Washington but left without a deal.