• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RESIGN EARL THOMAS!!!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are almost the ideal type of team that would want him. They have a crazy overpowered offence, but can't stop teams much themselves. They DO have some talent at corner though, and adding Earl would allow them to play much more aggressively.

I think they're wary of being stopped in the playoffs by a team that can go toe to toe with them, as has been Andy R's history. Earl could put them over the top.

I STILL think it boils down to how close Seattle thinks it is to developing some of this young talent they have. They're going to have money to spend in FA, so they could be back in the thick of things as early as next season. If that's what they truly believe, then I think you keep him. If Flowers continues to play like he has (not guaranteed by any means), then the LOB could be pretty good again.

A late 1st round choice might get you a really good Guard, but it's going to be tough to acquire a top flight pass rusher or Tackle with a late choice like that.

A tough decision. What happens in the next five or six games may decide what they do.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the waters are starting to really get warm. The League knows Seattle turned down a #2 from Dallas so why do you think better teams with most likely worse #2 picks would only offer that? going to take more than just a #2.

maybe a #2 and a player ( Oline/WR/DE??)
More than a #2 doesn't mean a first round pick though. It may mean a #2 and another pick of some kind.

Also, Seattle turning down a 2nd rounder doesn't automatically mean other teams will offer a better pick. And ET's pouty behavior doesn't help us at the bargaining table.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than a #2 doesn't mean a first round pick though. It may mean a #2 and another pick of some kind.

Also, Seattle turning down a 2nd rounder doesn't automatically mean other teams will offer a better pick. And ET's pouty behavior doesn't help us at the bargaining table.

i know a More than a #2 doesn't mean a 1st. That's why i said "maybe a #2 and a player ( Oline/WR/DE??)"

No joke his immature behavior doesn't help but his play on the field so far this year sure does.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know a More than a #2 doesn't mean a 1st. That's why i said "maybe a #2 and a player ( Oline/WR/DE??)"

No joke his immature behavior doesn't help but his play on the field so far this year sure does.
Well, about an hour ago you speculated the Chiefs may be willing to offer a 1st, so I guess in my mind I sort of merged those posts together as your overall view of the situation. I'm confident we won't get a first. If someone offers a 2nd and something else, we should jump on it right away. I would be find with just a 2nd though, especially now that we have more or less a selfish veteran malcontent on a young team.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, about an hour ago you speculated the Chiefs may be willing to offer a 1st, so I guess in my mind I sort of merged those posts together as your overall view of the situation. I'm confident we won't get a first. If someone offers a 2nd and something else, we should jump on it right away. I would be find with just a 2nd though, especially now that we have more or less a selfish veteran malcontent on a young team.

If KC is worried about flaming out in the playoffs AGAIN, they might very well part with a 1st.

I could easily see it happening, either in the AFC side if Pitt or NE get their shit together, or in the Superbowl against the Rams or the Eagles.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KC is worried about flaming out in the playoffs AGAIN, they might very well part with a 1st.

I could easily see it happening, either in the AFC side if Pitt or NE get their shit together, or in the Superbowl against the Rams or the Eagles.
I hope you guys are right, truly. You hardly ever get good value in trades like this. Shoot, remember Marshall Faulk going from Indy to STL for a 2nd & 5th when he was still on his rookie deal?

I just think with how tepid the situation is with him & management, his age, recent injuries, etc., I just have a tough time thinking we can do better than a 2nd. And I know there may be a sucker out there, like Chicago giving us a 1 for Mirer and Dallas giving us 2 1s for Galloway, but I can't count on that...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys are right, truly. You hardly ever get good value in trades like this. Shoot, remember Marshall Faulk going from Indy to STL for a 2nd & 5th when he was still on his rookie deal? ...

Bills didn't get much value in return either with us sending them a 4th for Marshawn...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speculating that they MAY be willing ... lol Yes they May be willing but it was only speculation. Again i start to wonder why you question my speculation on something a team MAY be willing to do? You do know there is a HUGE difference between saying they WILL or SHOULD give up a 1st and saying Maybe they will up their offer to a first right? I don't get your posts that seem to be targeting even though everything you need to understand it is in the post lol.

The more teams in play for Thomas the Higher his value goes. That my friend is NOT speculation would you agree? Bidding wars happen all the time and i feel it's about time someone got into one over a Hawks player and over pay.

I would much rather have thomas end his career as a Hawk but man how i would LOVE flat out LOVE ( like any TRUE fan would ) see a team flat out Over pay for him.

In a perfect "Seahawks" world we would get a 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and a probowl player for Thomas but we all know this is not a perfect "Seahawk" world :P

Hawks only have a 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks in 2019, they need draft capital in a bad way. ( maybe a #2,#6,#7?)

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculating that they MAY be willing ... lol Yes they May be willing but it was only speculation. Again i start to wonder why you question my speculation on something a team MAY be willing to do? You do know there is a HUGE difference between saying they WILL or SHOULD give up a 1st and saying Maybe they will up their offer to a first right? I don't get your posts that seem to be targeting even though everything you need to understand it is in the post lol.

The more teams in play for Thomas the Higher his value goes. That my friend is NOT speculation would you agree? Bidding wars happen all the time and i feel it's about time someone got into one over a Hawks player and over pay.

I would much rather have thomas end his career as a Hawk but man how i would LOVE flat out LOVE ( like any TRUE fan would ) see a team flat out Over pay for him.

In a perfect "Seahawks" world we would get a 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and a probowl player for Thomas but we all know this is not a perfect "Seahawk" world :P

Hawks only have a 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks in 2019, they need draft capital in a bad way. ( maybe a #2,#6,#7?)
Holy crap dude, I just said you SPECULATED that they MAY be willing. You quoted me saying it, so why are you acting like I am saying something beyond that? I'm not.

I'm NOT speculating that a team MAY be willing to offer a first. Why? Because I don't think it's realistic based on the current facts of the situation.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the waters are starting to really get warm. The League knows Seattle turned down a #2 from Dallas so why do you think better teams with most likely worse #2 picks would only offer that? going to take more than just a #2.

maybe a #2 and a player ( Oline/WR/DE??)

you Quoted this post ( pay attention to the under lined part ) and then said

lol You quoted me saying " maybe a 2nd and players. " Then said " More than a 2nd doesn't mean a first round pick though"

No Shit? Really? lol i said that in the post you quoted and you said it again in your post like i didn't know or said it WOULD be a first. These are the posts you put up that make me scratch my head and think you just like hearing yourself talk.

again you said and a repeat word for word "More than a #2 doesn't mean a first round pick though"
after i said "maybe a #2 and a player ( Oline/WR/DE??)" lol Target much? omg i have to admit though you made me laugh pretty good. I needed that so thanks :P

Now i will speculate this, If more and more teams come calling, you can bet a first may end up on the table. There is no denying Thomas is a flat out STUD at FS and one of if not STILL the best FS in the NFL. Earl can turn a bad back end into one of the best in the NFL almost all by himself, thats why i would hate to lose him.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you Quoted this post ( pay attention to the under lined part ) and then said

lol You quoted me saying " maybe a 2nd and players. " Then said " More than a 2nd doesn't mean a first round pick though"

No Shit? Really? lol i said that in the post you quoted and you said it again in your post like i didn't know or said it WOULD be a first. These are the posts you put up that make me scratch my head and think you just like hearing yourself talk.

again you said and a repeat word for word "More than a #2 doesn't mean a first round pick though"
after i said "maybe a #2 and a player ( Oline/WR/DE??)" lol Target much? omg i have to admit though you made me laugh pretty good. I needed that so thanks :P
You're insane.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're insane.

Insane? well maybe, but you know what? i don't quote people with a rebuttal that says the same damn thing that was quoted! lol

:laugh3:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now i will speculate this, If more and more teams come calling, you can bet a first may end up on the table. There is no denying Thomas is a flat out STUD at FS and one of if not STILL the best FS in the NFL. Earl can turn a bad back end into one of the best in the NFL almost all by himself, thats why i would hate to lose him.
So after all that, you're coming back to a first rounder? Like I said, looney tunes.

(I know you have all these qualifying, bet-hedging terms that you like to use to give yourself an out...."60% of the time it works every time...." but these posts get longer and longer having to quote all your little conditionals.)

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after all that, you're coming back to a first rounder? Like I said, looney tunes.

(I know you have all these qualifying, bet-hedging terms that you like to use to give yourself an out...."60% of the time it works every time...." but these posts get longer and longer having to quote all your little conditionals.)

yeah keep digging, you made a fool of yourself again. I have not laid out any conditions other than "if the waters continue to heat up a first may be put on the table" is that a condition to you? sure spin it how you like but you still argued that more than a 2nd doesn't mean a first after i said More than a 2nd maybe a 2nd and a player.

Insane? yes i think we get you now. I am a fanatic ( Fan ) you are truly insane and only see things his way and claim it's his way even when quoting someone saying it the same way BEFORE you lol.

Yes better than a second doesn't mean a first like you said. Could mean a 2nd and players. Wait i said that before you quoted me and said that....

:pound:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit, you do make me laugh JMR, i mean come on haha really? I am glad i met you because it makes for some good stories at work.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit, you do make me laugh JMR, i mean come on haha really? I am glad i met you because it makes for some good stories at work.
You're talking about me (and you've NEVER met me, btw) at work? That must be one boring ass job.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so at the end of August the Hawks asking price for Thomas was a 1st and 3rd based off the price they paid for Brown ( a 2nd and 3rd. ) and the fact that Thomas is a better Safety ( and player ) than Brown is a LT ( and player ). I mean when you compare what the Hawks gave up for Brown then yeah i can see that. Thomas is a MUCH better player. Brown a good LT, Thomas a HoF once in a generation Free Safety.

Report: Earl Thomas trade price remains high amid drama

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking about me (and you've NEVER met me, btw) at work? That must be one boring ass job.

Well yeah i mean not you personally but your type, more like laughing not really talking.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys are right, truly. You hardly ever get good value in trades like this. Shoot, remember Marshall Faulk going from Indy to STL for a 2nd & 5th when he was still on his rookie deal?

I just think with how tepid the situation is with him & management, his age, recent injuries, etc., I just have a tough time thinking we can do better than a 2nd. And I know there may be a sucker out there, like Chicago giving us a 1 for Mirer and Dallas giving us 2 1s for Galloway, but I can't count on that...

I get your point, and I don't disagree. You may be 100% correct. But teams seem to be willing to swing for the fences too. I look at the Rams, and they HAVE to win it this year, or the whole thing is going to blow up. They can't pay all those guys, they have what, one year left on Goff's rookie deal? Then they have to pay him too? But they pushed all their chips into the middle of the table, and have dared anyone to call them.

I just wonder if KC may want to do a lesser risk 'all in,' by spending a high pick on Thomas. Because Thomas COULD put that team over the top.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<eyeing JMR and Screamin with suspicion>

Ok, what'd I miss?