• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RESIGN EARL THOMAS!!!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the few times I agree with a player acting this way. FUCKING PAY this guy. Look if we didn't give a $10M per year contract to Tyler fuckin' Lockett I'd be a little less on ETs side, but REALLY!? We have $10M per to pay Lockett and have plenty of cap room next year but can't lock up the best FS in the NFL and one of the big reasons our defense ticks not to mention what he'd bring for a VERY young secondary and overall D in practice?

Ugh. Absolutely disgusting by Seattle's FO.

You are one emotional dude.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone has to keep this forum alive.

Or they could just take it out behind the barn, along with Seahawks, management, shoot it in the head, and bury it in a shallow grave.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way ET is playing, I greedily want to sign him. I think if signed, he would again be All In.
We have a lot of FA's coming up.
Including ET, we have Coleman, KJ, Sweezy and Fluker (we can't lose decent OL can we?Joey Hunt as well-looked great as a back up), Frank Clark , Jefferson, and more. How many millions per year are those contracts?
Kam's contract should cost about $13M out of about $60M in cap room.
That is not much change to sign that group.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way ET is playing, I greedily want to sign him. I think if signed, he would again be All In.
Including ET, we have Coleman, KJ, Sweezy and Fluker (we can't lose decent OL can we?Joey Hunt as well-looked great as a back up), Frank Clark , Jefferson, and more. How many millions per year are those contracts?
We'll be able to cut Kam after this season and save $8M against the cap -- $5M of dead money instead of the $13M he's due by contract.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is why I don't want to give max money to a safety... You forgot about the possibility of having to give an extension to RW next year as well...

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FO is doing an outstanding job for a few reasons here:

1.) If they bend over for Thomas, it is going to set a precedent that the rest of the team can see. Have a tantrum, get a raise.

2.) IMO, I seriously think he wants it real bad to play for Dallas. The only way he'd stay (IMO) is if the Seahawks give him everything. Otherwise, fuck'em (Seattle), I'm headed to Dallas next season.

3.) The NFL is a cold heart'd business and that's on both sides if the isle. Thomas has taken a business decision way too personally.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1.) If they bend over for Thomas, it is going to set a precedent that the rest of the team can see. Have a tantrum, get a raise.

2.) IMO, I seriously think he wants it real bad to play for Dallas. The only way he'd stay (IMO) is if the Seahawks give him everything. Otherwise, fuck'em (Seattle), I'm headed to Dallas next season.

3.) The NFL is a cold heart'd business and that's on both sides if the isle. Thomas has taken a business decision way too personally.
I agree with that, but I just think this FO simply doesn't want to give him a 3rd contract due to the risk. As great as Kam was, his deal was a mistake that I don't think JS wants to repeat. Shaun Alexander's 3rd contract was bad too. Even if Earl hadn't held out and isn't sitting out practice with hurt feelings, I am not convinced his contract situation would be any different. He's been back 3 weeks; I think if they were going to extend him then it would've happened by now.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I don't want to give max money to a safety... You forgot about the possibility of having to give an extension to RW next year as well...
No, I didn't forget. The above mentioned will have to be taken care of before the start of the season. RW's might happen after the 19 season starts.
Structured properly, RW's 2019 cap hit should be lower than his 2018 cap hit which is over $25M.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this a possible scenario?
ETs contract expires.......Seattle FT's him......ET says no way will I sign with Seattle......Seattle asks ET if he is open for a sign and trade offer....if ET says yes, and we get an interested trade partner, couldn't we gain something in return if that happens?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a possible scenario?
ETs contract expires.......Seattle FT's him......ET says no way will I sign with Seattle......Seattle asks ET if he is open for a sign and trade offer....if ET says yes, and we get an interested trade partner, couldn't we gain something in return if that happens?
We wouldn't first sign him to a long term deal and then trade him because all the prorated money (usually signing bonus) then accelerates to the current year. It would have to be some weird contract with the first year being basically the minimum in order to be able to take on that additional cap hit, and then that would be viewed as "disrespectful" by the player. Signing the 1 year tender and then trading would be a lot more practical.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I didn't forget. The above mentioned will have to be taken care of before the start of the season. RW's might happen after the 19 season starts.
Structured properly, RW's 2019 cap hit should be lower than his 2018 cap hit which is over $25M.
According to overthecap, Russell's 2018 cap number is $23.7M. He doesn't go over $25M until 2019, and then like you say there could be a new contract in place that moves that around a bit.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wouldn't first sign him to a long term deal and then trade him because all the prorated money (usually signing bonus) then accelerates to the current year. It would have to be some weird contract with the first year being basically the minimum in order to be able to take on that additional cap hit, and then that would be viewed as "disrespectful" by the player. Signing the 1 year tender and then trading would be a lot more practical.
I suppose that is what I was suggesting...FT him, which I don't expect ET to sign, then ask would he sign if a trade was available.
Just a thought.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to overthecap, Russell's 2018 cap number is $23.7M. He doesn't go over $25M until 2019, and then like you say there could be a new contract in place that moves that around a bit.
You are correct sir, I looked at his 19 hit.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comments about not practicing if he has a headache or "anything" make me not want him here. How does that impact the younger guys? It puts the coaches and FO in a really difficult position as well. I want to be done with that crap on this team.

Was going to say something like that, beat me to it. I get his performance on the field during the game clearly speaks for itself but that's not the type of attitude I would want in a player.

With that said, he performs well enough to get paid. However, you're under contract... Play with said contract!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems the Chiefs are stepping up pretty strong for a play on Thomas Sharkonabicycle. They had offered a 2nd ( last week ) that might turn into a first if the rumors are right that they have once again contacted the Hawks after this past weekend. It most likely would be a late 1st so they might throw in a 5th or 6th rounder also? Who knows but the rumor is the Chiefs want him pretty badly.

Hey Cowgirls, step up your game if you want to pick up one of the best Free Safeties in the League.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A trade with the Chiefs would be interesting because they come to Seattle later. I would be shocked if we could get a 2nd round pick in '19 for him, but I would pull that trigger right away if it was offered. KC's D so far is as bad as their offense is good, so they need him for sure. I am hearing Atlanta may be looking as well, and I think they just lost a safety to injury?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the waters are starting to really get warm. The League knows Seattle turned down a #2 from Dallas so why do you think better teams with most likely worse #2 picks would only offer that? going to take more than just a #2.

maybe a #2 and a player ( Oline/WR/DE??)