• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RESIGN EARL THOMAS!!!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching this D,time to open wallet for Earl.

Our safeties and secondary didn't play that bad today... Goff had an eternity to throw in most cases. I don't care who you have back there, if Goff (or any QB) is getting that much time to throw, GG. The DL draft class next year is LOADED, and Seattle should be drafting a DL to try and address a terrible pass rush. Of course that means they'll draft an OL in a weak OL draft class or reach on a 6th round 'athletic' DL who will naturally bust.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our safeties and secondary didn't play that bad today... Goff had an eternity to throw in most cases. I don't care who you have back there, if Goff (or any QB) is getting that much time to throw, GG. The DL draft class next year is LOADED, and Seattle should be drafting a DL to try and address a terrible pass rush. Of course that means they'll draft an OL in a weak OL draft class or reach on a 6th round 'athletic' DL who will naturally bust.
Or a punter in 5th round....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure these drop kick kickoffs have been advantageous to field position? Without re-watching all the games to see the average start position, the naked eye says stick with kicking it out of the EZ or to the 1.

It may be hurting some of Dickson punts as well? He crushes it sometimes while he's also had some shanks/less than great punts?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many other needs....

Yes but you can only fill one with a pick. 5th rounders are long shots to produce, and Dickenson is ranked top 5 in his position. Now I know punters are looked down on, but they do actually matter and impact games and many active starting punters actually suck. Drafting Dickenson has turned out to be a bright spot, so your complaining about it seems uncalled for.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but you can only fill one with a pick. 5th rounders are long shots to produce, and Dickenson is ranked top 5 in his position. Now I know punters are looked down on, but they do actually matter and impact games and many active starting punters actually suck. Drafting Dickenson has turned out to be a bright spot, so your complaining about it seems uncalled for.
Would be way happier if we were grooming that Crosby kid from Oregon at tackle and and really building and grooming a young O-line for years to come,instead watching a punter drop kicking kickoffs and costing us field position. His 4th qtr punt was awful and killed us today. Penny looks to be bust too, guess we will see.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be way happier if we were grooming that Crosby kid from Oregon at tackle and and really building and grooming a young O-line for years to come,instead watching a punter drop kicking kickoffs and costing us field position. His 4th qtr punt was awful and killed us today. Penny looks to be bust too, guess we will see.

Not really. His final punt had no bearing on the outcome of the game. Yes, it was a 24 yard punt, but the defense not being able to stop the Rams running out the clock had nothing to do with a poor punt. Hell, he boomed a 54 yarder earlier in the 4th, didn't allow a return, was inside the 20 and the defense allowed 61 yards in 9 plays to allow the Rams to take the lead.

Also, Dickson's drop kicks were more effective than Janikowski kicking off. On the 2 kickoffs from Janikowski, the Rams averaged 37.5 yards per return and started at their own 37. The drop kicks, on the other hand, the Rams averaged just 13.3 yards per return and average a starting field position of their own 28.

Behind Dickson's kicking, the Rams needed drives of 79, 70, 64, 72 and 62 for their scores. The only kick Dickson had that directly could've contributed to a score was the block - but no punter in the league coulda done much with an unblocked defender coming up the middle of the line.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. His final punt had no bearing on the outcome of the game. Yes, it was a 24 yard punt, but the defense not being able to stop the Rams running out the clock had nothing to do with a poor punt. Hell, he boomed a 54 yarder earlier in the 4th, didn't allow a return, was inside the 20 and the defense allowed 61 yards in 9 plays to allow the Rams to take the lead.

Also, Dickson's drop kicks were more effective than Janikowski kicking off. On the 2 kickoffs from Janikowski, the Rams averaged 37.5 yards per return and started at their own 37. The drop kicks, on the other hand, the Rams averaged just 13.3 yards per return and average a starting field position of their own 28.

Behind Dickson's kicking, the Rams needed drives of 79, 70, 64, 72 and 62 for their scores. The only kick Dickson had that directly could've contributed to a score was the block - but no punter in the league coulda done much with an unblocked defender coming up the middle of the line.

I miss the days when we would talk about how good the D was , how dominate the D line rush was ,how the linebackers played great. Now we have to post 3 paragraphs about punters stats for the day. Kill me,please.

And yes we could of used a great punt in 4th to pin them back....crowd would of been nuts,not a 24 yard shank. D can use all the help they can get, but dont let facts get in the way.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the days when we would talk about how good the D was , how dominate the D line rush was ,how the linebackers played great. Now we have to post 3 paragraphs about punters stats for the day. Kill me,please.

And yes we could of used a great punt in 4th to pin them back....crowd would of been nuts,not a 24 yard shank. D can use all the help they can get, but dont let facts get in the way.

Seahawks D almost gave up 500 yds. Yeah bad kick but the Rams started at the 21 so maybe just once the D could have stepped up. That fifth rounder you so badly wanted would have been just as bad today if he even got a chance to see the field.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks D almost gave up 500 yds. Yeah bad kick but the Rams started at the 21 so maybe just once the D could have stepped up. That fifth rounder you so badly wanted would have been just as bad today if he even got a chance to see the field.
Dunno....Just kept hearing about this Dickson guy is going to "Flip the field" from his fan club, kind of needed it there. And you have no clue who we could of drafted, maybe d line help to get to Goff late in game.Maybe a tackle who wouldnt of held in last series, Who knows. I just know i was pissed on draft day,and still am.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were plenty of positives in the game - the 3 paragraphs about the punter's stats for the day were solely in response to your complaints, and most likely don't get brought up otherwise. Yeah, the defense stunk after the first 2 drives, but the offense played pretty well most of the day.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only Draft pick i am pissed about "right now" is our First on Penny. If they are not going to use him then we REALLY BADLY NEED a pass rush. Today's game would look a lot better had the Hawks had something resembling a pass rush. The Rams lost Kupp and Cooks and their back up rookies looked like all pro's out there. Goff had all day to throw.

If Wilson got the time Goff did this would have been a blow out Hawks win.

Rams had 30 first downs OUCH! they were not so good on 3rd downs but they still had 30 first downs.

Last edited:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, but in exchange for Ryans contract we get Dickson, Fluker, and about half of Sweezy's contract expense.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes zero sense to judge where the D is (or where it's going) based solely or even mostly on yesterday's game against maybe the best offense in the league. I believe we were ranked 7 in the NFL in yds/game after 4 weeks. Yesterday knocks us down a bit, but it doesn't wipe everything else away.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno....Just kept hearing about this Dickson guy is going to "Flip the field" from his fan club, kind of needed it there. And you have no clue who we could of drafted, maybe d line help to get to Goff late in game.Maybe a tackle who wouldnt of held in last series, Who knows. I just know i was pissed on draft day,and still am.

All kickers have had a bad punt at end of the games, it happens but hopefully not too many. The fifth rounder that you hoped may or may not have been on the field. Also he might not even be on the team if he didn't pan out. What we have is a solid punter on the cheap for the next few years that the FO doesn't have to waste cap space to bring in a vet and now that money can go to other needs.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Holy hell,,.

'I miss..."

followed by talking about facts.