• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Request a Game or Event (Requests must be made the NIGHT BEFORE)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Giants won the appeal of the Tuesday nights game will that bet carry over to the end of that game or a refund or what?

SportsHoopla Bookie, not sure how you want to handle this, but the 8/19 San Francisco @ Chicago Cubs game has been ruled incomplete and to be finished on Thursday afternoon (per USA Today, ESPN):

USA Today said:
Major League Baseball, in a rare decision, upheld the San Francisco Giants' protest Tuesday night over their rain-shortened loss against the Chicago Cubs, and ruled that the game be resumed Thursday afternoon at Wrigley Field.

It was the first time a protest was upheld involving a game in 28 years.

Major League Baseball ruled that the Cubs were negligent Tuesday putting a tarp in place after a 15-minute rain shower ended the game after four and a half innings, with the Cubs declared winners, 2-0, after a four-hour, 34-minute delay.

ESPN said:
The San Francisco Giants have prevailed in their protest of Tuesday night's tarp-snafu game, MLB announced. It is the first time an MLB team has won a protest since 1986.

The game between the Giants and the Cubs will resume at 4:05 CT Thursday before the teams' regularly scheduled game. It will start in the bottom of the fifth with the Cubs leading, 2-0.

Hoopla Bookie

Bet Bot
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,152,184.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla Bookie, not sure how you want to handle this, but the 8/19 San Francisco @ Chicago Cubs game has been ruled incomplete and to be finished on Thursday afternoon (per USA Today, ESPN):

I closed it before I knew the Giants protested result and honestly didn't know teams could actually win a protest like this. I am going to let the game finish and if the results do change which bets win then you will get your winnings paid to you as soon as possible. If Cubs and under stay as winners, then it will just stay as it was.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I closed it before I knew the Giants protested result and honestly didn't know teams could actually win a protest like this. I am going to let the game finish and if the results do change which bets win then you will get your winnings paid to you as soon as possible. If Cubs and under stay as winners, then it will just stay as it was.

doesnt get much more fair than that.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds good, that's fair, thanks. :thumb:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3:30 PM EST - FCS #14 Sam Houston State at FCS #2 Eastern Washington

Hoopla Bookie

Bet Bot
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,152,184.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3:30 PM EST - FCS #14 Sam Houston State at FCS #2 Eastern Washington

Make sure in the future you make requests the night before. Only posting this one because it was one that had planned on posting but forgot it.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/[email protected]

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure in the future you make requests the night before. Only posting this one because it was one that had planned on posting but forgot it.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/[email protected]

I didn't post it because I figured you were going to post it. When I got up snd saw you didn't, I figure I would bring it up.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC vs Texas...Vargas vs Baker

Det vs Minn..

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla Bookie, went to place my bets for the afternoon, and noticed that the odds for http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/[email protected] have a mistake in them:

Detroit 170/100 (2.7)
Minnesota 140/100 (2.4)

Detroit's odds should be at around 1.7, not 2.7. As it is, both sides are better than 1/1 odds, so it is possible for everyone to guarantee a profit by betting both sides (not normally possible with correct odds, but possible in this case because of the wrong odds).

Not sure how you want to handle this. Thus far, lots of people (not just me) are betting on Detroit since the odds for Detroit are much more favorable than they should be. You could...

-abandon the result, so that it's a push OR

-let the game result, whatever it may be, stand at the original wrong odds OR

-let the game result, whatever it may be, stand, but with corrected Detroit odds (though, if Detroit loses, this last choice is going to punish everyone who only bet because they saw the good Detroit odds)

Hoopla Bookie

Bet Bot
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,152,184.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla Bookie, went to place my bets for the afternoon, and noticed that the odds for http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/[email protected] have a mistake in them:

Detroit's odds should be at around 1.7, not 2.7. As it is, both sides are better than 1/1 odds, so it is possible for everyone to guarantee a profit by betting both sides (not normally possible with correct odds, but possible in this case because of the wrong odds).

Not sure how you want to handle this. Thus far, lots of people (not just me) are betting on Detroit since the odds for Detroit are much more favorable than they should be. You could...

-abandon the result, so that it's a push OR

-let the game result, whatever it may be, stand at the original wrong odds OR

-let the game result, whatever it may be, stand, but with corrected Detroit odds (though, if Detroit loses, this last choice is going to punish everyone who only bet because they saw the good Detroit odds)

Thanks for the catch. Since odds were wrong I abandoned the event.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barclays Premier League
--Manchester City v. Liverpool

Spanish Primera Division
--Real Madrid v. Cordoba