• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Philadelphia Eagles Trying to Trade Up for Oregon Quarterback Marcus Mariota

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at recent Alabama QBs and how blake sims came in and basically did the same thing as McCarron, I think McCarron was a product of the Alabama system.

I thought I'd like a humbler (ya fuckers that's a word), OD better. Hammer you took a guy that had the magnetic streagnth of a hearing aid battery to stay on the rails of a high speed train in a tight turn and transformed him into an apologetic wuss. I want "Meltdown OD" back.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you had a great time in Dallas... Tell us all again how Ohio State's ass tasted. I hear some of them visited you at work so you had to watch them eat the seven layer burritos before they dumped them back on you.

OD's response: "Oh yeah, at least our team and fans had the opportunity to taste tOSU's ass!"

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at recent Alabama QBs and how blake sims came in and basically did the same thing as McCarron, I think McCarron was a product of the Alabama system.

An oregon fan calling a qb from another team a system qb? Now that is funny

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I'd like a humbler (ya fuckers that's a word), OD better. Hammer you took a guy that had the magnetic streagnth of a hearing aid battery to stay on the rails of a high speed train in a tight turn and transformed him into an apologetic wuss. I want "Meltdown OD" back.

I don't know, the 'everyone should suck mariota's balls as much as I do and I'm going to prove it' OD has his moments too...

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles soured on Nick Foles before his injury | ProFootballTalk

maybe Mariota isn't better than foles but seems the eagles thought less of folks over the season. there were other reports of not seeing open guys down field etc.

Foles was 5-2 as a starter before he went down with his injury. Philly fans are regarded as the most delusional ass hats of all fan bases, so I'm not surprised they would be bitching about Foles. As a Cowboy fan, I hope and pray Chip Kelly decides to stick with 1st round bust Sanchez and then also decides to give the farm away and draft Mariota. PLEASE DO THIS CHIP!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles might get the job done in regular season, but he's proven he can't win the playoffs. Mariota reuniting with Chip is a match made in heaven. This will people philly to the top tier of the nfl. Things about to get exciting.

What kind of crack smoke are you smoking out there in Oregon?

Nick Foles proved he can't win in the playoffs?? In his only playoff game, he drove his team down the field and threw a go ahead touchdown with about 4 minutes left only to see the defense lose the game without him ever getting the ball back. Did you not know all that?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of crack smoke are you smoking out there in Oregon?

Nick Foles proved he can't win in the playoffs?? In his only playoff game, he drove his team down the field and threw a go ahead touchdown with about 4 minutes left only to see the defense lose the game without him ever getting the ball back. Did you not know all that?

No. No he didn't. He just picked the Eagles due to Chip Kelly.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is WHY HCs from the college ranks fail.

The minute they go out and get their own former collegiate players, who have marginal at best talent at the NFL level.

Kelly won't be the first to make this mistake, or the last. But in reality he should avoid Mariota like the plague. That kid is FAR from NFL ready, and I have serious questions about his accuracy or ability to make all the NFL throws.

If Philly makes this move, they'll be irrelevant for the next few years.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is WHY HCs from the college ranks fail.

The minute they go out and get their own former collegiate players, who have marginal at best talent at the NFL level.

Kelly won't be the first to make this mistake, or the last. But in reality he should avoid Mariota like the plague. That kid is FAR from NFL ready, and I have serious questions about his accuracy or ability to make all the NFL throws.

If Philly makes this move, they'll be irrelevant for the next few years.

Yup, the good coaches avoid loyalty to their college kids and can evaluate talent. Pete carroll was in the market for a safety, and his old USC safety (cant remember his name) was graded as a 1st rounder, but Pete went with the other safety graded as a 1st rounder, Earl Thomas.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the good coaches avoid loyalty to their college kids and can evaluate talent. Pete carroll was in the market for a safety, and his old USC safety (cant remember his name) was graded as a 1st rounder, but Pete went with the other safety graded as a 1st rounder, Earl Thomas.

Taylor Mays. That kid was 100% measurables, 0% football player

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perfect example right there. I remember when his former safety was bitching and crying b/c Carroll didn't select him and it's b/c Carroll knew he wasn't 1st round status. Dude is so irrelevant, I can't even remember his name. Is that guy still in the league? USC fans know who we're talking about. Looks like the Eagles are going to suck for years to come.....

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.....Mariota won the HEISMAN trophy!!!! Are you all Rain Man??? Do you not comprehend that in 3 years of starting in division 1 football Mariota was 105/14 TD int ratio.

Mariota dominated Foles in college. Mariota was 10x better QB than Foles in college. You compare each college stats and Mariota blows Foles out of the water, oh and Mariota has a heisman to prove it!

Mariota in Chips system will absolutely own the NFC east. The cowboys joe miracle season under Garrett/romo will be long forgotten after nxt year.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, did you hear that Mariota won the heisman? He's like the only quarterback to ever do that! Of course he will be unstoppable in the NFL...

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota dominated Foles in college. Mariota was 10x better QB than Foles in college. You compare each college stats and Mariota blows Foles out of the water, oh and Mariota has a heisman to prove it!

Oh, okay.

Since Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford, Robert Griffin III, and Johnny Manziel all won the Heisman, they must be elite NFL quarterbacks too.

If the Patriots, Packers, Colts, and Seahawks were smart, they would trade away Brady, Rodgers, Luck, and Wilson (all bums who never won the Heisman) for Tebow, Bradford, RG3, and JFF, right?

:pound:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.....Mariota won the HEISMAN trophy!!!! Are you all Rain Man??? Do you not comprehend that in 3 years of starting in division 1 football Mariota was 105/14 TD int ratio.

Mariota in Chips system will absolutely own the NFC east. The cowboys joe miracle season under Garrett/romo will be long forgotten after nxt year.

You keep forgetting that he will be playing against people just as fast and even stronger. And comparing college stats is just moronic. Look at the teams. Without the other players who are good Mariota is not as great as you think. Homer being Homer.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly me, I forgot all college QBs are failures in the nfl. Unless of course their name is Brady, Manning, Rodgers or Wilson.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep forgetting that he will be playing against people just as fast and even stronger. And comparing college stats is just moronic. Look at the teams. Without the other players who are good Mariota is not as great as you think. Homer being Homer.

He's not forgetting, he in no way comprehends...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Jake Locker didn't work out...but then again he didn't work out in college.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last husky QB who was worth a damn in the nfl? Brock Huard might be the most well known husky QB and thst is only because he talks on ESPN.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Mariota to the Eagles really be happening?

[ame]http://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/557981244294569984[/ame]

Mike Kaye said:
Looks like the Eagles are looking to trade Nick Foles, according to @JeffRisdon on @BGN_Radio. Make sure to tune in for our interview.