• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Report: Patriots used deflated balls

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever the NFL is going to do with this, they should get it done today so next week can be as much about the teams and the game as it can be all things considered.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But i'm getting sick and tired about everywhere i look the Fucking Mass Media only wants to talk about:

"deflate gate"
"patriots defleated some balls"
"pariots Cheated"

THE PATRIOTS ARE A BETTER TEAM

It shows by 43-7. I'm sure deflated balls had nothing to do with that score

Calm down francis. Having almost all of one teams footballs being that far out of spec raises valid questions. Was it on purpose? If not how on earth can this happen and how can it be corrected? If so then who did it, how, and why?

How much it does or does not impact any game isn't really a key question. I think most people would agree it has little at most. It doesn't matter how little that is as intentionally doing things outside the rules is bad anyway. You just look more fucking stupid if you do it on purpose and it doesn't have much of a chance of helping you anyway.

Football games often come down to just one or two plays. Right? We can mostly all agree do this. You can look at one or two blown plays and/or up to a couple of clutch amazing kind of plays. If adding just a little bit better grip in cold and rainy conditions can even make you feel more confident in your game it can certainly impact one or two plays.

That's all that might be needed in some games. Clearly the Colts game wasn't one of those. It neither means that they really didn't do this on purpose, nor that getting to the bottom of it and fixing it so it can't happen in the future still isn't worth pursuing.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has absolutely nothing to do with BB other than the fact that he abused it during a playoff game when he was desperate. You simply can't have something in the rule book that doesn't allow a D enough time to set their defense. Guys are running out of the huddle and they need time to see who's eligible and where they are on the line so they can cover them. That simply wasn't happening creating the flaw. I'm sure because of a dumb rule you'd be pissed if that happened to your team no? If not maybe the hawks or anyone for that matter should just run it up and down the field scoring every drive that's what you want? But like I said I think that the refs have already adjusted somewhat but the damage was already done.

Ummm no.

There is no rule in the NFL that says the defense has the right to enough time to get set. Nor will there ever be because that is just dumb.:wtf2:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down francis. Having almost all of one teams footballs being that far out of spec raises valid questions. Was it on purpose? If not how on earth can this happen and how can it be corrected? If so then who did it, how, and why?

How much it does or does not impact any game isn't really a key question. I think most people would agree it has little at most. It doesn't matter how little that is as intentionally doing things outside the rules is bad anyway. You just look more fucking stupid if you do it on purpose and it doesn't have much of a chance of helping you anyway.

Football games often come down to just one or two plays. Right? We can mostly all agree do this. You can look at one or two blown plays and/or up to a couple of clutch amazing kind of plays. If adding just a little bit better grip in cold and rainy conditions can even make you feel more confident in your game it can certainly impact one or two plays.

That's all that might be needed in some games. Clearly the Colts game wasn't one of those. It neither means that they really didn't do this on purpose, nor that getting to the bottom of it and fixing it so it can't happen in the future still isn't worth pursuing.

If they were in fact that far out of the required specs. We don't know that yet, we only have a report from the media.

For example what if it turned out the media report was wrong and it was .2 psi instead of 2.0 psi?

I'm not saying that's the case, just pointing out that we have very little information at this point to go on.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm no.

There is no rule in the NFL that says the defense has the right to enough time to get set. Nor will there ever be because that is just dumb.:wtf2:

so do we get rid of the hurry up offense:suds: Its not fair:suds:

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if these balls have to have a precise amount of air in them .. when was the last time that the refs pressure gauge was calibrated ?.. ill bet that question wasnt asked

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were in fact that far out of the required specs. We don't know that yet, we only have a report from the media.

For example what if it turned out the media report was wrong and it was .2 psi instead of 2.0 psi?

I'm not saying that's the case, just pointing out that we have very little information at this point to go on.

Riiiiggghhhht. The NFL wouldn't be getting that info out FAST considering the damage being done to the league right now in the world wide media right before its most important week.

Sure, ok. You hang your hat on that hook.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm no.

Well...something's up, because the Colts got 10 seconds to get set on said plays while the Ravens got no more than 7 seconds and as little as 3 seconds on said plays. Apparently there was discussion and adjustments were made.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if these balls have to have a precise amount of air in them .. when was the last time that the refs pressure gauge was calibrated ?.. ill bet that question wasnt asked

....hey,.....why not give all the "culprits" a polygraph-test,.......(Brady,B.B.,officials,equip.-mngr.,ball boy,etc.),....but.........wait till after the SB.....!?