• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Replacement for Ashley Palmer?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the day he could really butt dance.(Other guys made tackles, he for some reason was sitting down. No idea why. But atleast he was supportive.)

As far as I'm concerned, if he's on the field, nobody should be happy. Other than his momma.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how did we get a guy that half the league was coring after the veteran combine. We have nothing to offer free agents.
Levy FA after this season, Tullich coming off major injury and very unlikely to be back next year, Van Noy completely unproven, until an injury forced him into action Whitehead was a nothing player, and easy for him to see that he would be looking at a four area special teams spot.

The other openings aren't against any players the Lions have any commitment to at all. It's a very attractve place to play and until you see the actual offer, which is almost certainly only the league minimum all of those deals are allowed for a signing bonus. I believe it's $85k. So if the Lions simply moved that up to say $100k even then ours is also a better offer.

He keeps that whether he makes the team or not. Levy and Tulloch will see very limited preseason action so he should have plenty of time on the field and tape for other teams if he isnt on our roster. Lions are plenty attractive spot to try and get back in the league

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Tulloch is a question mark. I think Levy will get signed before the end of the season. When can extensions be negotiated?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy FA after this season, Tullich coming off major injury and very unlikely to be back next year, Van Noy completely unproven, until an injury forced him into action Whitehead was a nothing player, and easy for him to see that he would be looking at a four area special teams spot.

The other openings aren't against any players the Lions have any commitment to at all. It's a very attractve place to play and until you see the actual offer, which is almost certainly only the league minimum all of those deals are allowed for a signing bonus. I believe it's $85k. So if the Lions simply moved that up to say $100k even then ours is also a better offer.

He keeps that whether he makes the team or not. Levy and Tulloch will see very limited preseason action so he should have plenty of time on the field and tape for other teams if he isnt on our roster. Lions are plenty attractive spot to try and get back in the league
I think he was being facetious there, poking fun at a series of posts from a while back. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was tongue-in-cheek kind of stuff there.

Do you have a source on Tulloch being very unlikely to be back next year? I haven't heard anything on that front at all. If anything, I'd say the willingness to bring him back at a pretty high salary (for the position), coming off of a major injury, and having a capable and much cheaper replacement on the club already bodes pretty well for his future with the team...

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was being facetious there, poking fun at a series of posts from a while back. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was tongue-in-cheek kind of stuff there.

Do you have a source on Tulloch being very unlikely to be back next year? I haven't heard anything on that front at all. If anything, I'd say the willingness to bring him back at a pretty high salary (for the position), coming off of a major injury, and having a capable and much cheaper replacement on the club already bodes pretty well for his future with the team...

Aware of what he was saying and why it was said. I simply wanted to suggest why I think Detroit was an attractive option since there other teams wanting him.

No link on Tulloch. I am comfortable believing that it's very unlikely he returns at $7.3m especially in the context of discussing why I think the Lions were a good option.

Confused on your last sentence. You want a link to why I think that way but your sentence appears to support exactly the reason I feel that way. Not sure where you would ever be able to find a link where a front office is openly stating they won't be bringing a player back next season. That would be pretty bad business, even for a GM as stupid as Millenhew

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's very unlikely that he returns at that cap hit as well. But that's a far cry from him not returning at all.

And I'm not sure why a link on that would have to come from the GM? There's a lot of analysis and speculation out there, a whole cottage industry of it, in fact, and I didn't say word one about a quote from Mayhew..

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's very unlikely that he returns at that cap hit as well. But that's a far cry from him not returning at all.

And I'm not sure why a link on that would have to come from the GM? There's a lot of analysis and speculation out there, a whole cottage industry of it, in fact, and I didn't say word one about a quote from Mayhew..
Ok, there were plenty of articles suggesting he wouldn't be back this year. You have read them. Odds of him being back next year when another year older in his 30's and $2.3m expensive aren't going to increase his chances.

I don't think he returns paycut or not

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the odds were far greater of him not coming back this season with the injury and the imergance of Whitehead.

I agree that we won't bring him back at $7.3 million next season, but if he has another season of 130 tackles and three or four sacks then I'd think his chances of getting an extension done would have to be pretty good...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, Copeland lives up to his potential.