• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rememberthe old Daryn Colledge?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to him

Daryn Colledge

DC4_1458735808382_34656048_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

It’s been a few years, but Packers fans might remember Daryn Colledge, an offensive lineman on the winning Super Bowl 45 squad. Colledge left the team via free agency, and retired from the game in 2015.

But he may have made his biggest signing on Tuesday; when he announced via his Twitter account that he’ll be joining the Army National Guard for an eight-year enlistment.

“After a year of retirement, a much needed vacation, and overdue time with my family, I’ve decided to hit the free agent market,” Colledge wrote on Twitter. “Today I am proud to announce I have thrown my hat back in the ring and decided to join a new team, start a new chapter, and seek out a new adventure.

After much deliberation and discussion, I’m proud to sign my longest term deal of all time, 8 yrs and have enlisted in the Army National Guard. After all my time in the NFL, traveling, meeting, and supporting the troops, I’ve decided to step up and stand shoulder to shoulder with them. This was not a decision made lightly, we live in an ever changing world, and at this time in my life I feel it is best served with me in defense of my family, state, country.”

The 34-year-old Colledge, who grew up in North Pole, Alaska and played at Boise State, was a starter for the Packers, Cardinals and Dolphins.

For making his biggest contract signing ever, Daryn Collegde is our “Winner of the Day.”