• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember when Jim Brown called Trent Richardson an "ordinary" back

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that he was not impressed with him one bit.

Remember the flack and disrespect Browns fans showed Jim Brown because of his comments? Well...Mr 3 yards per carry (Trent) has just been cut from his 3rd team in his short career. Looks like the great Jim Brown was right after all.

Here's an article on profootballtalk when they reported Jim Brown's comments. Scroll down and read some of the disrespectful comments left by Browns fans calling him bitter, senile, etc.

Jim Brown not impressed with “ordinary” Trent Richardson

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember Jim Brown saying that, but I remember saying Cle royally screwed up the draft by taking both T Rich and Weeden. Both were horrible picks IMO. You can stockpile draft picks, but if you can't convert it's meaningless...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember Jim Brown saying that, but I remember saying Cle royally screwed up the draft by taking both T Rich and Weeden. Both were horrible picks IMO. You can stockpile draft picks, but if you can't convert it's meaningless...

But the Colts were even dumber by trading a first rounder for Richardson, everyone thought it was a bad move and proved to be 100% right.

Reactions: gb2

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was actually wrong. No way in hell is Trent Richardson an ordinary back

Darth_Tom

a.k.a. theseeker88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAVWTT7U8AAiywR.jpg

Raiders probably got that memo late.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Brown is a POS. Did he offer this commentary during a break in his busy woman beating schedule?

Reactions: gb2

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns have performed terribly in the draft.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on the Mt. Rushmore of bitter old athletes. I got him, Oscar Robertson, and Bill Russell, and Ted Williams (RIP, great player like the other 3).

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on the Mt. Rushmore of bitter old athletes. I got him, Oscar Robertson, and Bill Russell, and Ted Williams (RIP, great player like the other 3).
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_e-wqEX9DwY-Sj8wZST8iQEQ3NncW0eZ5mw_wpJhKOJLLcKEW.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vision wasn't his problem. That stuff is mostly camera angles.

I watched Trent in college and I watched him with the Raiders the other day. He doesn't even look like the same guy.

He got lazy. He actually did pretty decent with the Browns his first year, but then he got lazy. He is no where near what he was at Alabama. He ran a run to the outside and got arm tackled 1 on 1. He couldn't juke the guy, and he couldn't power past an arm tackle. This was a guy who could carry a few people and was hard as hell to take down in college.

Got paid, Got lazy - The Trent Richardson story.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't it Holmgren who made that pick ?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched Trent in college and I watched him with the Raiders the other day. He doesn't even look like the same guy.

He got lazy. He actually did pretty decent with the Browns his first year, but then he got lazy. He is no where near what he was at Alabama. He ran a run to the outside and got arm tackled 1 on 1. He couldn't juke the guy, and he couldn't power past an arm tackle. This was a guy who could carry a few people and was hard as hell to take down in college.

Difference between NFL and college level talent probably had something to do with that as well.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Richardson's been a bust thus far, I remember thinking he could be the next great running back.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched him @ Bama too, and there was no question in my mind he was better than Ingram...you're 100% right...he got paid and checked out.

Side note...I do think Bama RBs in general have been a by-product of a great OL, but it's strange the OL guys haven't really stood out at the next level.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched him @ Bama too, and there was no question in my mind he was better than Ingram...you're 100% right...he got paid and checked out.

Side note...I do think Bama RBs in general have been a by-product of a great OL, but it's strange the OL guys haven't really stood out at the next level.

I think it is more they have 5 very good talents for college instead of just one elite talent. So while in college the 5 combine to make one of the best OL's in college football none of them individually are great to be able to stand out at the next level.

I think it also has to do in they were talking to Mark Schlereth and he said that just like with QB's coming from the spread system and not being ready for the NFL many OL players are in that same boat in they need at least a couple of years to develop but because of the league we have today with needing instant results they just are not given the chance to develop like they need. It is why you are starting to see teams take a bigger TE that is maybe 280 but not a great TE and try to develop them into OL players while on the practice squad since no team wants them as a TE. Or they are doing that with a DL player and converting them over.

As for Richardson there just have to be certain positions that you just don't use a top-10 pick on. Unless at that position they are just heads above anybody else at the position I think you just have to stay away as they just don't impact the team as much as other positions.