• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

REMAINING FREE AGENTS

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucas is definitely a LT. Hoping he can somehow leap forward and take that spot, moving Reiff to RT. that might make for a solid line if Swanson pans out.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep trying to figure out how we keep Wooton... because we have a shit-ton of d-linemen... but Wooton is a pretty decent back-up DE/DT combo... if he's our "worst" reserve at both spots we're doing pretty well at the position(s)...

I'll be curious if he makes it over a guy like Tapp...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers released 2013 4th round pick Edmund Kugbila (guard), today.

Injuries have kept him pretty much completely off the field for them since his first training camp.

I wouldn't count on this kid making any sort of impact, but given our lack of young depth at guard he would seem to be worth a look as a camp try-out guy and maybe has some potential as a practice-squad player.

The tools are all there, he just has to stay healthy and keep developing. I'm not really sure who we have behind Ramirez at guard right now, so if he's healthy enough to get in there and play it would make sense to kick the tires on him. Maybe he stinks and gets cut within a week, or maybe he's better than our worst guard right now and bumps that dude off the 90 man roster?

Big position of need still, though. The starters and top back-up are set, but we need some young potential in the pipeline on the interior OL...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody remember how he did at Valdosta State in 2012? (The last time he played.)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both of these kids. I like them better at LT though. Robinson might make a better RT than Lucas. Hoping maybe he plays well there and that would give us some decent depth at both.

I want one of the three to step up and become a future RT. The fascination with replacing Reiff at LT I do not get with some here. Somebody beats him out the spot, awesome! Until then, he has done nothing IMO to say he needs replaced anytime soon.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about Michael Williams in the RT battle. Sounds like the coaches have been pretty high on how well he's handled the transition from TE...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about Michael Williams in the RT battle. Sounds like the coaches have been pretty high on how well he's handled the transition from TE...

Sad part is if he does develop or is ready there is still a log jam at RT. The role he fills best IMO is already filled by Pettigrew. IMO that is what Williams should be, a blocking TE with about 10 targets a season. Surely if he is good enough to perform at RT, his skills can be utilized as a blocking TE. Slap a 80some number on him and beef up the run game blocking even more.

Kinda goes against the square peg round hole concept with Zenner IMO. They paid Pettigrew a big contract to do what Williams was already accustomed to in college.

I know the coaches know more than me TP. This is one of the things that makes me scratch my head at times. Just because they decide to do certain things, does not always mean I have to agree.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also TP, I will say these are the things all coaches and GMs say about players. They will not say he sucks at the transition until he gets cut or what not. Sometimes people look into and read to deep into standard responses made by coaches and management.

Mayhew & Co. make many standard responses to satisfy the masses. Many of which are not always true.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also TP, I will say these are the things all coaches and GMs say about players. They will not say he sucks at the transition until he gets cut or what not. Sometimes people look into and read to deep into standard responses made by coaches and management.

Mayhew & Co. make many standard responses to satisfy the masses. Many of which are not always true.

TBH, I would trade Pettigrew for another DT or CB. Lombardi does not do squat with an inline TE anyway. We can let Williams be the blocking TE. I cant see Williams beating out these other guys at this point. Williams could also be an H-back, but he may be too big for that now.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, I would trade Pettigrew for another DT or CB. Lombardi does not do squat with an inline TE anyway. We can let Williams be the blocking TE. I cant see Williams beating out these other guys at this point. Williams could also be an H-back, but he may be too big for that now.
I'd keep Pettigrew through this year, at least. If the o-line improves to the point where he doesn't have to be a 3rd tackle every snap, I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised at the uptick in Pettirgrew's production. The second TE in New Orleans was always able to do a lot of damage against the soft coverage underneath, and, given all the other weapons in our offense, Pettigrew should be able to have some success (bit part/role player style) working underneath as a safety valve. He's s lot more athletic than he gets credit for, and he looked to be moving very well at the end of last season. A fresh Pettigrew should make a nice 5th or 6th option in this offense.

As to Williams moving back to TE or H-back, I wouldn't count on that. He's spent the better part of 18 months now transitioning to tackle, so his mass and bulk would be a major issue, not to mention he hasn't practiced route running or catching the football in that time span. If they're happy with his transition to tackle, and all indications are thay they are) then I'd image that's where he'll stay. The beauty with him is that he still has practice squad eligibility, so he doesn't necessarily have to make the roster in order to stick around, which is pretty handy for the team when it comes to deciding on those last few cuts...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt you would see Pettigrew cut this year. That would cost an extra 2 mill to cut him. Really do not see anyone currently on the roster who could remotely threaten his spot.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew, looking for free agents.......

black-man-panhandler.jpg

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Lions have upgraded their QB situation. :D
Oh well! It's pre-season and Gilbert is a camp arm. No harm, no foul.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Lions have upgraded their QB situation. :D
Oh well! It's pre-season and Gilbert is a camp arm. No harm, no foul.

If he doesn't run out of the back of the end zone, he's already better than our 2.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there are a few teams that would let you have a practice squad guy they were ready to release for Pettigrew...if he signed a new deal for half his current salary.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we have an open roster spot right now with Bentley's release earlier in the week.

I'd keep eyes out on upcoming cuts on younger players, particularly at guard and tackle, where we still need some depth for camp...