• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

REMAINING FREE AGENTS

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles withdrew their RFA offer to RB Chris Polk today, making him a free agent. I think he'd be worth picking up given how little depth we have at RB right now. He's a bigger RB and would be a fine #3 or #4 RB, but he's also completely replaceable if we find better options in the draft or via trade.

What's makes him a decent value, though, imo is that he's young, low miles, and was a core special-teamer for Philly. He's active in punt and kick coverage, and returns kicks as well. Last year he averaged over 30 yards per return and took one 102 yards to the house. That's exactly what you look for in a reserve RB...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not have a problem with him and Winn battling for a spot. I do see a RB taking next weekend... Where and what impact he will have???

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants released LB Terrell Manning, he'd be worth a camp signing to compete for our 6t LB spot, imo.

He's really a nobody, but he's kind of a tweener 3-4/4-3 OLB (like Van Noy) and was a 3rd or 4th round pick by the Packers coming out a few years ago, iIrc. Clearly he didn't live up to that draft status, as he's been with several teams, but he's still a guy with some skills that could end up being a decent role player with the right coaching and the right scheme.

Is that coaching and that scheme with us? Probably not, based on his career arc so far, but he'd be a vet minimum contract to get into camp and up the competition for that 6th and final LB roster spot...

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Cowboys on having the stones to go out and make your team better while the pussy ass Caldwell, The Clown Show, and pathetic ownership happily go along being a bottom feeder so long as the stadium is still sold out.

Stadium renovations are coming this year. Does anyone know what the decorative look of Loser is?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Cowboys on having the stones to go out and make your team better while the pussy ass Caldwell, The Clown Show, and pathetic ownership happily go along being a bottom feeder so long as the stadium is still sold out.

Stadium renovations are coming this year. Does anyone know what the decorative look of Loser is?

This is like being surprised Obama didn't show up on Monday Night RAW. Dude was never coming here unless they drafted him. Did you miss free agency? Detroit isn't the hot spot it was when Suh was here.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots just released CB Kyle Arrington in a salary cap related move. It sounds like they hope to get him back at a lower cap number, but I hope we snap him up before we get the chance.

Imo this is the perfect example of availability fitting our needs. We need a nickel back, and he's one of the best. He's good against quick, shifty slot WRs, gets his hands on a lot of balls (59 passes deflected from 2010 to 2013), led the league in INTs in 2011, and is willing and able in run support (70+ tackles in 2010, 2011, and 2012).

Long story short is he's a damn-good nickel back in the prime of his career from a franchise with a (very) winning pedigree. Signing him would complete a pretty good overhaul of the back-end of our CB unit from last year.

I'd love to see Arrington signed and our CB depth chart shake out thusly:

1.) Darius Slay
2.) Rasheen Mathis
3.) Kyle Arrington
4.) Mohammed Seisay
5.) Alex Carter
6.) Quandre Diggs

PUP: Nevin Lawson

Cut: Bill Bentely, Josh Wilson, Crezdon Butler

That would give us three bonafide veteran starters and three young guys developing behind them. Put Lawson on the shelf for a year to give that ugly foot injury time to get 100% and let him try to prove he's ready to go in 2016...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D.J. Swearinger was apparently also released by the Texans. He's played ok in his first two seasons with the Texans, but still has some growing to do, particularly in coverage. He's good in the box, though, and could be a good option to replace Ihedigbo within a season or two.

Definitely a young kid with the tools for Austin to work with and give us a good back-up SS in the mean-time...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Ogbonnaya - RB - Free Agent
Giants released/waived RB Chris Ogbonnaya, LB James Davidson and S Thomas Gordon.

Ogbonnaya re-signed for a one-year, $770,000 contract in March, but is getting cut loose just two months later. The seven-year veteran rushed 14 times for 50 yards (3.6 YPC) for the Panthers last season, but didn't get the ball in two games for the G-Men. Ogbonnaya turned 29 earlier this month.
Related: Giants

Source: Dan Graziano on Twitter

Call me crazy, but throw a Lions jersey on this guy and he could become a Pro Bowl player under Caldwell for us. I say bring him in.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D.J. Swearinger was apparently also released by the Texans. He's played ok in his first two seasons with the Texans, but still has some growing to do, particularly in coverage. He's good in the box, though, and could be a good option to replace Ihedigbo within a season or two.

Definitely a young kid with the tools for Austin to work with and give us a good back-up SS in the mean-time...

Worth a look. I dont like what we had, although IAQ could fill both slot and safety roles as well.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants released/waived RB Chris Ogbonnaya, LB James Davidson and S Thomas Gordon.

Ogbonnaya re-signed for a one-year, $770,000 contract in March, but is getting cut loose just two months later. The seven-year veteran rushed 14 times for 50 yards (3.6 YPC) for the Panthers last season, but didn't get the ball in two games for the G-Men. Ogbonnaya turned 29 earlier this month.

Call me crazy, but throw a Lions jersey on this guy and he could become a Pro Bowl player under Caldwell for us. I say bring him in.

Your crazy. Put the pipe down.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell yes. With the pick up of Haggins the Lions are looking more and more like a championship caliber team.

27 stupid teams trying to land Collins while these guys were out there. What a bunch of dumbass GM's those poor teams have. I feel sorry for their fans and blessed to be a Detroit Lions fan.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swearinger picked up by Tampa. Mayhew used to play for Tampa. So there's that.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just for camp. Most of these guys will be back on the street and not cost us hardly anything.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots just released CB Kyle Arrington in a salary cap related move. It sounds like they hope to get him back at a lower cap number, but I hope we snap him up before we get the chance.

Imo this is the perfect example of availability fitting our needs. We need a nickel back, and he's one of the best. He's good against quick, shifty slot WRs, gets his hands on a lot of balls (59 passes deflected from 2010 to 2013), led the league in INTs in 2011, and is willing and able in run support (70+ tackles in 2010, 2011, and 2012).

Long story short is he's a damn-good nickel back in the prime of his career from a franchise with a (very) winning pedigree. Signing him would complete a pretty good overhaul of the back-end of our CB unit from last year.

I'd love to see Arrington signed and our CB depth chart shake out thusly:

1.) Darius Slay
2.) Rasheen Mathis
3.) Kyle Arrington
4.) Mohammed Seisay
5.) Alex Carter
6.) Quandre Diggs

PUP: Nevin Lawson

Cut: Bill Bentely, Josh Wilson, Crezdon Butler

That would give us three bonafide veteran starters and three young guys developing behind them. Put Lawson on the shelf for a year to give that ugly foot injury time to get 100% and let him try to prove he's ready to go in 2016...

Ravens sign Arrington. Guess Mayhew didn't see your post. Keep trying.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barksdale signs with Chargers. Looks to be Lucas and Robinson entering camp most likely for the RT spot.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barksdale signs with Chargers. Looks to be Lucas and Robinson entering camp most likely for the RT spot.

I like both of these kids. I like them better at LT though. Robinson might make a better RT than Lucas. Hoping maybe he plays well there and that would give us some decent depth at both.