• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reid Starter

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this alot and I think he has earned it. Throw him to the wolves. GB will be a good test for Reid. Overall he has atleast been the best safety in this class so far or atleast #2.

Great draft class so far and Baalke shows why he moved up to get Reid.

Cant wait to see him play in the regular season.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this alot and I think he has earned it. Throw him to the wolves. GB will be a good test for Reid. Overall he has atleast been the best safety in this class so far or atleast #2.

Great draft class so far and Baalke shows why he moved up to get Reid.

Cant wait to see him play in the regular season.

I'm not looking forward to seeing him get torched by Aaron Rodgers but if he can come through that without his confidence completely shattered he'll be OK.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not looking forward to seeing him get torched by Aaron Rodgers but if he can come through that without his confidence completely shattered he'll be OK.

What kind of fan looks FORWARD to seeing one of our players get beaten bye an opposing player.

I look forward to seeing what he can do against Aaron Rodgers. There is no sense in being negative until there is something to be negative about.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His job, any FS for that matter, will be helped tremendously if our pass rush continues to be a constant attack vs A-Rod....

Reid should do well alone out there, Fangio sees it but doesn't mean our pass rush can go soft, we got to attack GB all day!!!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of fan looks FORWARD to seeing one of our players get beaten bye an opposing player.
I look forward to seeing what he can do against Aaron Rodgers. There is no sense in being negative until there is something to be negative about.

Might want to re-read my post.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Toby is always negative. Don't mind him

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he said hes not looking forward to it

But then again, his point remains true. What kind of fan looks forward to seeing their teams player get beat?

So why do you have to point out that your not looking forward to seeing him be beat? Thats like saying you prefer to drive your car with all four wheels on it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then again, his point remains true. What kind of fan looks forward to seeing their teams player get beat?

So why do you have to point out that your not looking forward to seeing him be beat? Thats like saying you prefer to drive your car with all four wheels on it.

I'm thinking league MVP QB going against a rookie free safety starting his first NFL game whose coverage skills were questioned even in college is not going to be pretty. I just don't want him to get discouraged thinking that he's going to get abused like this by every QB.

santiagodjs

Yahoo! Refugee / Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I understand your concern about the rookie getting abused by Rodgers, but I believe that Fangio wouldn't start Reid if he wasn't ready.

Maybe I'm drinking too much of the Kool Aid, but I have faith that our coaches will start the best 11 players on defense & offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I understand your concern about the rookie getting abused by Rodgers, but I believe that Fangio wouldn't start Reid if he wasn't ready.

Maybe I'm drinking too much of the Kool Aid, but I have faith that our coaches will start the best 11 players on defense & offense.

One thing for sure, it will be a baptism of fire for the young man.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing for sure, it will be a baptism of fire for the young man.

With SEA the next week, I don't mind the baptism by fire. GB is a great test and he has shown nothing that would lead me to believe he would be a liability. If anything, he seems to be just as aggressive as Goldson was. The only thing I haven't seen out of Reid is Goldson's remarkable ability to time hits. Doesn't mean he doesn't do it because I have seen him lay some serious hits, but I just haven't seen it yet.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Nothing to indicate he isn't our best Safety, our second best Safety that is? So agree it is just playing our best players despite being a rookie.

He won't be flawless but if he's the best......

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking league MVP QB going against a rookie free safety starting his first NFL game whose coverage skills were questioned even in college is not going to be pretty. I just don't want him to get discouraged thinking that he's going to get abused like this by every QB.

aldon will be up in rodgers grill all game

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust Fangio, he wouldnt put Reid in bad situations.

Screw it I will go out and say Reid gets and Int or he causes a fumble.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust Fangio, he wouldnt put Reid in bad situations.
Screw it I will go out and say Reid gets and Int or he causes a fumble.

What choice does he have?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make it sound as if a rookie couldn't start day one and be productive. If you tell me we have a physically gifted athlete whose head is constantly in the playbook and is a hard worker, I would definitely like to see what he could do from day one, especially if I have a hole at the position he plays. Even if he gets burned by Rodgers, I have every confidence that he will learn from it and our defense will be better off because of it.