• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regular Season

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with John that Simon probably isn't 100%.

There's the addage about taking one for the team. As poorly as the Reds' SP's were in Cleveland you might say " They took one for the other team".

Peraza didn't look ready to be playing CF. He's suppose to be a plus middle infielder, didn't look like it last night. Sometimes the defense falls asleep when pitchers are throwing the ball everywhere but in the strike zone. Not a excuse, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until I see him play more.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't understand the roster makeup going into that series. Adding a position player and reducing the bullpen numbers.

Price said and I'm parphrasing... with the DH in play he wouldn't have to pinch hit for pitchers and he wouldn't need the extra bullpen arm.

Since the Reds SP have rarely pitched more than 5+ and most relievers only pitch one inning, the need for the extra arm is always there. The fact that he wouldn't need pinch hitters means he doesn't need a extra bat. WTF?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price is managing on a principle that most NL managers adopted back-when about the DH. In reality, the Reds pitching is not equipped to compete on any level, regardless of the numbers.

We could probably hash out what's wrong forever but the inability to throw strikes is just mind-blowing. The only guy who gets ahead on the count is Adleman, who probably learned that in indy ball, where the umps have strike zones from here to Beijing. I actually get to see the Lincoln team who he pitched for ... fairly representative roster for the American Association. It isn't a ***bad*** league.

NL teams, particularly the bottom dwellers, rarely have anybody on the bench who is a true DH, though Phillips and Peraza could make a case for it. So we fixed that last night.

Unfortunately, the pitching.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only reason Price is still with the team. They knew this was going to be a bad year and they figured that there is no use hiring a guy, and have to fire him the same year. But I'm sure that Atlanta was thinking the same thing, So I would say now all bets are off. A bad home series could be fatal for Price.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds bring up a pitcher and if we are lucky, he doesn't give up 3 runs, 6 hits, 4 walks.
Other teams bring up a pitcher and the Reds get 1 hit off him.
Now
Jumbo is back.
How in FUCK does this front office expect fans to buy tickets?
Votto needs to bitch more about taking strikes on 0-2 counts.
A braindead manager lets a .210 hitter stay in the 3 spot.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUMBO CAN SEE!

Capture.JPG

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More proof of a totally retarded Price dugout staff. Whether glasses helps Jimbo Diaz or not, it took the TripleA team to figure out that he needs glasses. What exactly does the big-league team do ... hand out bubble gum?

Riggins makes trips to the mound and nothing changes. They don't even respond to this clueless bozo.

Jumby still can't get anyone out.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot even make this stuff up. Did Price actually want Sampson on his pitching staff?

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a personnel standpoint the Reds are in the used car business. They acquire worn out vehicles, slap on a coat of paint, armour all the tires, and put them on the show room floor. They were able to sell them the first week, but now the word is out and it's time to take down the dealership sign and replace it with the "We buy scrap" sign.

A short stint in Louisville and a new pair of glasses, but these guys still don't pass the eye test. A journeyman pitcher with a less than stellar history doesn't miraculously improve in two weeks while on assignment. Until we see a upgrade in personnel it's going to be a crash up derby down at the ballpark.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price has used up his entire bullpen in the last 2 days and has 3 coming up against another AL team.
The Mariners are actually pretty good, unlike the Indians.
Adleman, Straily, Lamb ... then it gets dicey again. May is a bad month to start looking for roster upgrades, unless it's with other bottom-feeder teams.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rajaia Davis batting 198 or something, has raised his batting around 50 points against this Reds pitching staff. If I was on the mound that guy would know what its like to eat dirt

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't liked the Indians sense Pete Rose ran over Ray Fossie, because he was standing in the baseline blocking the plate. Then he and Cleveland fans have been whining ever sense.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Setting Rajai on his ass would never have given Jim Maloney a second thought. I think Cueto would have backed him off and I KNOW Chapman would be sending a serious message.

These Reds pitchers can't hit anything they throw at. They'd walk a guy if he was a brick wall. On four pitches.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's any intent to upgrade the big club beyond waiver wire acquisitions.

The message I keep hearing from Dick Williams is they're not going to deviate from the plan they have in place. From everything I've heard and read.... that plan didn't include winning in 2016. The goal according to Williams is to acquire and develop the farm system.

I'm not a Bryan Price fan, but I don't blame him for the overall failing of this pitching staff. He may have a choice in who is on the staff, but when every option is a poor one.... Is it really a choice?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price gets a pass with all 5 rotation guys generally non-functional, but they sort of knew that in December. Were there quality choices in December? Definition of quality and choices, not always in the same sentence. As well, the MIA of Disco and Lorenzen is troubling.

Frankly, I don't know what the plan is, but maybe the June draft will play out. I don't know enough about Williams to evaluate his ability to build. It may be more about contract restructuring than actual players and personnel. I have been wrong before in analyzing what I see, so I would just like to assert that my point of view is not etched in granite. But I do have rocks for brains.

I just don't see Price as being a really good manager. His teams don't show improvement in areas where that ought to be rather automatic.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lorenzen came down with mononucleosis, that can really put you down. Could take months to get your strength back. Disco, I don't know. At one time he was 2 days from a start. They moved it back and he has been on the DL ever sense. I sort of forgot about him. There has to be more wrong with him than they are saying. I see Bailey in the dugout every now and then. I haven't seen Disco..
I don't know where it comes from but the Reds are very secretive about injuries, for some reason. I feel it has something to do with Jocketty.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from a general interest, I suppose the team is not required to reveal health issues and the Reds are known to be a little "baity" about that. Disco has an oblique injury, same as the one that kept Cueto off the field for most of 2013 after that miserable moment in SF the previous playoffs.

I never had mono, so I can't say about that.

I think Iglesias has a worse problem than they let on.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeSclafani, Iglesias, Bailey, and Lorenzen......
Are those guys still with the Reds?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New pitchers preparing to join Redlegs staff:

jonessherman.jpg 65-278Fr.jpg front.jpe howie_nunn_autograph.jpg