• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Refs tried

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But couldn't even hand that game too the Warriors ...

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will make for an exciting game four, where the Grizzlies could potentially go up 3-1

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will make for an exciting game four, where the Grizzlies could potentially go up 3-1

Agreed.... But MAN these refs were killing me in that 4th quarter... They weren't letting the Grizz play defense at all... They're must have been 20 foul call's against them in the 4th quarter ... NBA refs are frustrating

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28 free throws for the Warriors, 23 free throws for the Grizzlies.
23 fouls called on the Warriors, 26 fouls called on the Grizzlies.

About what you'd expect (maybe even a little closer than expected) given the Grizzlies more physical style.

Clearly the refs tried to give GSW the game. :L

Had to know that GSW was going to make a run and they did. It was just a question of whether or not the Grizzlies could stop it before GSW took the lead and they did.

Last edited:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL c'mon man. Grizzlies foul us on purpose after a missed basket because they wanna keep us out of transition

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only real gripe with reffing in the NBA involve 2 things that have been going on for so long that they have just become accepted as being correct. Those are:

"Letting them play" in the last 2 minutes. If something is a foul in the first 2 minutes of a game, it should be a foul in the last 2 minutes of the game.

"Letting them play" in the playoffs. If it's a foul in the regular season, it should be a foul in the playoffs.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

About what you'd expect (maybe even a little closer than expected) given the Grizzlies more physical style.

Had to know that GSW was going to make a run and they did. It was just a question of whether or not the Grizzlies could stop it before GSW took the lead and they did.

The issue is that most of those fouls called on the Grizzlies were in the 4th quarter. 14 versus 5 in the 4th quarter. And 2 of the 5 were intentional at the end of the game by GSW.

Anyone watching it could see the drastic change of officiating once the 4th quarter started.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.... But MAN these refs were killing me in that 4th quarter... They weren't letting the Grizz play defense at all... They're must have been 20 foul call's against them in the 4th quarter ... NBA refs are frustrating
The NBA is the only professional sporting league where I truly believe the officials are corrupted. It's already been proven when Tim Donaghy was caught. He said that everyone does it, but nobody believes him because he's a dirtbag. I personally think there are plenty of other officials that do the same, whether it be to keep superstar players in the playoffs longer or if it's caused by gambling, I am not sure, but I am convinced that NBA referees are corrupt. It's so easy for NBA referees to do as well because there is really no repercussions if they do blow a game for a team. They might get a slap on the wrist behind closed doors, but I'm willing to bet that slap on the wrist is really a high five. Just go look at FIFA officials. They are so worried about corruption that if even 1 call is blown in a big game, then that referee is banned from that teams games, maybe even that leagues games. AND CORRUPTION STILL HAPPENS!!! How come we just assume it doesn't happen in the USA, where it's so easy to get away with it and keep your job at the same time?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate when people use the fouls as a stat in this debate. They show nothing at all when it comes to evaluating the referees. It doesn't even show that the fouls called were accurate or inaccurate. All it shows is the Grizzlies had three more fouls called on them. It doesn't show whether those fouls are accurate. The referees could've called 26 fouls on the Grizzlies when they only committed 13. The referees could've also called 23 fouls on the Warriors when they committed 50. Unless you actually watch the game and track the stat yourself, you can't use stats in this debate, so just stop. It's a waste of time.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is the only professional sporting league where I truly believe the officials are corrupted. It's already been proven when Tim Donaghy was caught. He said that everyone does it, but nobody believes him because he's a dirtbag. I personally think there are plenty of other officials that do the same, whether it be to keep superstar players in the playoffs longer or if it's caused by gambling, I am not sure, but I am convinced that NBA referees are corrupt. It's so easy for NBA referees to do as well because there is really no repercussions if they do blow a game for a team. They might get a slap on the wrist behind closed doors, but I'm willing to bet that slap on the wrist is really a high five. Just go look at FIFA officials. They are so worried about corruption that if even 1 call is blown in a big game, then that referee is banned from that teams games, maybe even that leagues games. AND CORRUPTION STILL HAPPENS!!! How come we just assume it doesn't happen in the USA, where it's so easy to get away with it and keep your job at the same time?

The NBA wants certain things. Namely games 6 and 7. The refs know this, the refs know if they call the game the way the league wants they'll get the assignment in the next round. Donaghy pretty much spelled it out.

And it's not the only league. The NHL commish was David Stren's right hand man for years and has tried to bring it over to the NHL. He was somewhat successful when they handed the Penguins a title a few years back but it's harder in hockey. A hot goalie can nullify even horrible refs

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA wants certain things. Namely games 6 and 7. The refs know this, the refs know if they call the game the way the league wants they'll get the assignment in the next round. Donaghy pretty much spelled it out.

And it's not the only league. The NHL commish was David Stren's right hand man for years and has tried to bring it over to the NHL. He was somewhat successful when they handed the Penguins a title a few years back but it's harder in hockey. A hot goalie can nullify even horrible refs
I've heard that theory before. You should be able to confirm it starting in about a half hour as the officials will want the Cavs to even the series up.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that theory before. You should be able to confirm it starting in about a half hour as the officials will want the Cavs to even the series up.

It doesn't always work but it seems to more often than not.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree the calls in the 4th qtr were ridiculous but I was pissed at the calls the Grizz were getting earlier. They should never call games like that towards the end of the game, its an ugly way to win.

But gmafb, the refs were giving Grizz a lot of leeway for the majority of the game

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Golden State lived on the line in the 4th quarter and all the foul call's helped get them right back in the game... Grizz couldn't breath on them in the 4th .... THAT is a fact..

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when people use the fouls as a stat in this debate. They show nothing at all when it comes to evaluating the referees. It doesn't even show that the fouls called were accurate or inaccurate. All it shows is the Grizzlies had three more fouls called on them. It doesn't show whether those fouls are accurate. The referees could've called 26 fouls on the Grizzlies when they only committed 13. The referees could've also called 23 fouls on the Warriors when they committed 50. Unless you actually watch the game and track the stat yourself, you can't use stats in this debate, so just stop. It's a waste of time.

I did watch the game. The refs weren't the problem and everything evened out as it always does. You hate the stat because it disproves your complaint about the refs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is that most of those fouls called on the Grizzlies were in the 4th quarter. 14 versus 5 in the 4th quarter. And 2 of the 5 were intentional at the end of the game by GSW.

Anyone watching it could see the drastic change of officiating once the 4th quarter started.

Or, the Grizzlies were getting tired towards the end of the game, were out of their offensive flow for a good chunk of the 4th quarter and were resorting to more grabbing, holding and using their hands in general rather than their feet. The "drastic change in officiating is likely the result in a change in how the Grizzlies were playing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State lived on the line in the 4th quarter and all the foul call's helped get them right back in the game... Grizz couldn't breath on them in the 4th .... THAT is a fact..

Not even close to a fact. The Warriors got back in the game because they are a very good offensive team and started hitting shots.

Of all of the lame excuses, blaming refs is the lamest of all, especially if the winning team is doing the blaming.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close to a fact. The Warriors got back in the game because they are a very good offensive team and started hitting shots.

Of all of the lame excuses, blaming refs is the lamest of all, especially if the winning team is doing the blaming.

Dude GTFO.... Warriors were living on that free throw line in the 4th quarter... I think the Grizz were in the penalty with about 9 minutes left in the quarter give or take... Did you watch the game dude ? That was some ridiculous Chiat .... Refs simply wouldn't let the Grizz play D in the 4th quarter and it made the game a helluva lot closer than it should a been ....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude GTFO.... Warriors were living on that free throw line in the 4th quarter... I think the Grizz were in the penalty with about 9 minutes left in the quarter give or take... Did you watch the game dude ? That was some ridiculous Chiat .... Refs simply wouldn't let the Grizz play D in the 4th quarter and it made the game a helluva lot closer than it should a been ....

I got a better idea. You gtfo with blaming the refs nonsense. Take your tinfoil hat off. There is no grand conspiracy. It happens all of the time, especially when teams play physical defense. They get tired, they start reaching instead of moving their feet and fouls get called.

And yes, I watched the game. I saw Memphis start reaching, go into one of their offensive droughts and I saw a very good offensive team play like a very good offensive team. It happens all of the time throughout the regular season and playoffs.

I'm really beginning to question whether or not you watched the game or any other games, ever.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did watch the game. The refs weren't the problem and everything evened out as it always does. You hate the stat because it disproves your complaint about the refs.
No, I hate the stat because it proves nothing except that fouls were called. Seriously, if you know how to construct/deconstruct an argument, you would know that the fouls called stat proves absolutely nothing. I would change my mind if you could, without a doubt, prove that the referees were fair by using that stat. That's like saying the police are catching every person that speeds based on the total speeding tickets they give. It doesn't address several other issues...