• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean if you think a trade has any legs at all then make the bet . you wont because you , me , shark GL JY or anybody else KNOWS it wont happen . its a damn myth it wont happen and if you cant make a harmless bet then you dont buy the shit your shoveling either

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are never going to hear the offers or counteroffers.
i dont give a fuck dean , you cant say someone wants something when they never said it , and call it fact just because some pundit guesses about it . it isnt fact

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just my hypo. Sure then you forecast a ridiculous trade where there are many 1st round QBs in the draft. lol

How is it a ridiculous trade? We have done that exact trade before.

So how many first round QBs are there? Name them. I showed you how many of the top 11 will be seniors, three. The underclassman will have to declare.

We have shown your dumb ass the odds of success for a first round QB. We have shown you about 10-20% will be as good as KC. You are a hopeless little fool without a clue in the world.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Why is that? We heard other offers.

Dean aint worried about what the team offers. He wants to hear what the counter offer is so he can flip shit and go see, we should have traded him while we had the chance.

What he fails to realize is, once they tagged him we never had a chance of trading Kirk... not for what would make Dean happy in any case.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why you all still talking about money grubbing kirk im going to you guys he wants to the BE highest paid qb in nfl history and if we dont give that to him he will shit on us even the kc lovers will get shit on in here REPEAT HE WANTS TO BE THE HIGHEST PAID QB IN HISTORY AND IF HE DOES NOT GET IT HE WILL GO ELSEWHERE KIRK IS THE PROBLEM MY GOD WAKE UP.. Day after day i applausd bruce for not giving in to his grubbing ass i dont care what the value or the going rate when do owners and gms stand up say you know what your not worth 2000 billion dollars get the fuck out remember mr deeds adam sandler slept that not job qb for demanding more money well thank you bruce and dan enough is enough with giddy ass players coach spurrier out...

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach...seriously...learn how to formulate a sentence so we can follow what your dumb ass is saying.

This is a period "."

This is a question mark "?"

This is a comma ","

Words put together make a sentence if they have a subject and a verb. Damn. I went over your head.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why you all still talking about money grubbing kirk im going to you guys he wants to the BE highest paid qb in nfl history and if we dont give that to him he will shit on us even the kc lovers will get shit on in here REPEAT HE WANTS TO BE THE HIGHEST PAID QB IN HISTORY AND IF HE DOES NOT GET IT HE WILL GO ELSEWHERE KIRK IS THE PROBLEM MY GOD WAKE UP.. Day after day i applausd bruce for not giving in to his grubbing ass i dont care what the value or the going rate when do owners and gms stand up say you know what your not worth 2000 billion dollars get the fuck out remember mr deeds adam sandler slept that not job qb for demanding more money well thank you bruce and dan enough is enough with giddy ass players coach spurrier out...

ok so fucking what if he wants to be the highest paid qb in history ? we arent cap strapped , and within the next 2 years he will be around 10-12th highest paid .

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why in the hell is the skins FO tagging a guy THEY have to know wants out then ? they should have known this for a long time if they were competent . they could have signed him in 2015 on the cheap but chose otherwise it is their fault totally
There is blame to place everywhere which includes the FO. When we are talking 20-something million per year, is it necessary to squeeze every once of blood from the turnip leaving nothing for anyone else? I hope not because the big picture is team and the necessary pieces need to be in place for KC to be successful. That includes defensive pieces too. He should however get what's fair for his body of work.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is blame to place everywhere which includes the FO. When we are talking 20-something million per year, is it necessary to squeeze every once of blood from the turnip leaving nothing for anyone else? I hope not because the big picture is team and the necessary pieces need to be in place for KC to be successful. That includes defensive pieces too. He should however get what's fair for his body of work.
its the FO to blame , they blew it

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta point the finger somewhere I guess...
they could have signed him in 2015 but allen killed it , they have consistently low balled him since so yes its all on them they bet against him and they lost

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they could have signed him in 2015 but allen killed it , they have consistently low balled him since so yes its all on them they bet against him and they lost

Cmon dad. Who cares about what happened in '15. That was two years ago. Nobody in their right mind would have signed him long term..NOBODY. It's been discussed ad nauseum. We are talking about TODAY. If KC is butthurt over what happened last year or 2 years ago, then he doesn't understand the business very well. Maybe his fucking agent should explain THAT to him. On top of that it would make him thin skinned whiny little bitch and he can take a hike. Don't want that Cutler-esque garbage on my team.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon dad. Who cares about what happened in '15. That was two years ago. Nobody in their right mind would have signed him long term..NOBODY. It's been discussed ad nauseum. We are talking about TODAY. If KC is butthurt over what happened last year or 2 years ago, then he doesn't understand the business very well. Maybe his fucking agent should explain THAT to him. On top of that it would make him thin skinned whiny little bitch and he can take a hike. Don't want that Cutler-esque garbage on my team.
Why should we care about what happened in 2015? Because history is the best predictor of the future. And the history is that this FO got it wrong. Again. Not so much that they didn't sign KC after the 2015 season, but they failed to see the bigger picture of what was happening in the NFL with QB salaries. They did it again in 2016 and again this year. By continuing to lowball KC, they boxed themselves into a corner with him and ultimately gave KC and his agent all the leverage in the negotiations. That's why you care about what happened in 2015. I get that there were questions about KC after 2015. However, if they would have made him a fair offer in 2015 or 2016, that deal would have seemed cheap today. That is the point.

Oh, btw, there are those that would have signed him in 2015. SM was one. the Shanahans are others. I'm sure there are more.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation again. The Jets and Browns have more money than the 49ers. Plus you don't know with cuts and restructuring if other teams will have more cap room. I just want to get something while we can. If the 49ers know they can get KC now for a 1st rounder there is no doubt in my mind they would jump at hat chance.
I disagree and I expect so would most niner fans and the Niner FO. No need to give up a pick for a guy who will hit FA next year.

No doubt, KC's agent will use the Carr/Luck deals as the floor for his negotiations, and he'll end up getting a deal close to theirs, but no one is paying him 30M/year. That's why the Niners don't need to worry about being outbid--it makes little difference if a team has 70M in space or 100M--b/c no team is using all that one-year space on Cousins. I firmly believe he'll end up being highest or 2nd highest paid Qb in the NFL.

The Niners will happily take their chances against the Jets or Browns in FA b/c the Niners have several things those teams don't--same offensive system, KC's bromance with Kyle/Mike Shanahan, and former offensive teammates like Garcon and Paulsen.

If the Skins were going to trade KC for anything resembling value, I think they missed their chance a few months ago when I believe the Niners would've given up their 2nd round pick for him (not the 2nd overall pick). That's assuming Snyder would've allowed a trade to Kyle's team at all.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who said he felt that way ? no one . who cares ? we should and i get it you just want him gone

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree and I expect so would most niner fans and the Niner FO. No need to give up a pick for a guy who will hit FA next year.

No doubt, KC's agent will use the Carr/Luck deals as the floor for his negotiations, and he'll end up getting a deal close to theirs, but no one is paying him 30M/year. That's why the Niners don't need to worry about being outbid--it makes little difference if a team has 70M in space or 100M--b/c no team is using all that one-year space on Cousins. I firmly believe he'll end up being highest or 2nd highest paid Qb in the NFL.

The Niners will happily take their chances against the Jets or Browns in FA b/c the Niners have several things those teams don't--same offensive system, KC's bromance with Kyle/Mike Shanahan, and former offensive teammates like Garcon and Paulsen.

If the Skins were going to trade KC for anything resembling value, I think they missed their chance a few months ago when I believe the Niners would've given up their 2nd round pick for him (not the 2nd overall pick). That's assuming Snyder would've allowed a trade to Kyle's team at all.

Doesn't waiting until next year cost you more money?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't waiting until next year cost you more money?

It might cost them more money.

But the reality is, would you rather spend $27M a year on a QB and still have a top ten draft pick to improve the team or trade for more picks.

Or Spend $25M on the QB, and give up a top ten pick that could be used to improve the team in other areas??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean knows there wont be a trade . he cant be that stupid , its just more games to hide the fact he wants KC gone so he can get a shiny draft pick toy to play with