• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Redskins @ Eagles (week 3)

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... because a kicker has two jobs. Make field goals and protect your coverage team. Forbath fails when we need him to make critical field goals, and he cant protect the coverage team EVER.

two points you're ignoring are ...

Forbath has a groin injury

&

Tress Way was the one who gave up the return for a TD today

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forbath has to go. I am mad at the coaching staff for letting him kick today when they already knew he was hurt going into the game. Not smart at all. That decision cost us the game.

atleast he is willing to place blame where it belongs ...

LETS FIRE THE COACHES !!!!

:yahoo:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but you took a few cheap shots along the way. ;)

None of the legit fans on here are complaining about the refs today. There were a couple missed calls going both ways, the Eagles played better - end of story.
Cheap shots??? Cmon maaan. No, we didn't play better, your FG kicker missed, ours didn't. it was a track meet today, neither team played defense.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two points you're ignoring are ...

Forbath has a groin injury

&

Tress Way was the one who gave up the return for a TD today

Tress Way is a punter. And the whole a kicker is a kicker is a joke. Two entirely different kicking motions that they practice and try to perfect. thats like saying a pitcher should be able to play QB because in the end its just throwing a ball. Way shouldnt be doing kickoffs and the only reason he is doing them is because Forbath sucks at it worse.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well once again this game was winnable...:L

Some encouraging things, some god awful things. The team without the most boneheaded plays won the game. They were the better team today. Pissed the hell off :(

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
penalties on special teams and giving up the big returns kill us

why bother having forbath kicking off , let way do it

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tress Way is a punter. And the whole a kicker is a kicker is a joke. Two entirely different kicking motions that they practice and try to perfect. thats like saying a pitcher should be able to play QB because in the end its just throwing a ball. Way shouldnt be doing kickoffs and the only reason he is doing them is because Forbath sucks at it worse.

still failed to acknowledge the groin injury ...

just sayin, lol

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still failed to acknowledge the groin injury ...

just sayin, lol

Not really. I accept the groin injury. But even when healthy he sucks at kickoffs. So when healthy he can do half his job in an acceptable manor.... as long as its not at a critical juncture. In which case we can expect a doink.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I accept the groin injury. But even when healthy he sucks at kickoffs. So when healthy he can do half his job in an acceptable manor.... as long as its not at a critical juncture. In which case we can expect a doink.

i'll meet you half way and say he's not the strongest kicker on kick offs ...

but plenty of blame to go around on special teams not making tackles

but i disagree about Forbath not being a consistent kicker ...

the dude was 18 of 18.

Let me come to your job, watch you do something perfect 18 times ...

and when you mess up on the 19 times scream

FIRE THE BUM !!!

:lol:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll meet you half way and say he's not the strongest kicker on kick offs ...

but plenty of blame to go around on special teams not making tackles

but i disagree about Forbath not being a consistent kicker ...

the dude was 18 of 18.

Let me come to your job, watch you do something perfect 18 times ...

and when you mess up on the 19 times scream

FIRE THE BUM !!!

:lol:

If Im 18 of 18 in routine procedures, but the one time I screw up it cost the company a major contract, I would expect to have some one come in to replace me.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheap shots??? Cmon maaan. No, we didn't play better, your FG kicker missed, ours didn't. it was a track meet today, neither team played defense.

:agree: That's a fact Jack. No D either side.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well once again this game was winnable...:L

It was indeed. Early in the week I had it being a blowout by the Birds....and as time went by....it was more...yo, Cousins is a better 'all over QB', and Division games at least in the East....are close. It was assuredly winnable by the Natives.

mad4comp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's holier than thou to say we lose the game, the refs didn't lose it for us?

You should trade in your vagina for a newer model.

you mean like the one you got? Let me know what model it is, I'll make sure to get the same one.

mad4comp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hit by Baker on Foles has NOT been legal since 2002, when Hugh Douglass took out the Chicago QB. And that was when the returner was not yet tackled (while here the returner already was)! So that call was absolutely legit, and a blatant cheap shot. And that - of course - is even accepting the fact that the refs should have whistled the play dead for being incomplete in the first place.

Play was still going on, hit was legal. If Nicky boy can't take a hit on the side of his shoulder, maybe he needs to take up another sport... maybe switch uniforms with the cheerleader?

At least one of the H2H was anything but incidental, and clearly initiated by the DB (IIRC the one on Lesean McCoy). And as far as the holding calls go, there was nothing not called against the Eagles that the Redskins were not equally guilty of. And even to balance out your example, on the final Eagles punt, they call the hold on the Eagles, but miss the blatant blocking in the back on the return (so penalties should have offset). That is 40 yards or so right there in favour of the Redskins (or at least a re-kick).

Defender came low... Mccoy lowered his head. Initiated by the cheapskate.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was indeed. Early in the week I had it being a blowout by the Birds....and as time went by....it was more...yo, Cousins is a better 'all over QB', and Division games at least in the East....are close. It was assuredly winnable by the Natives.

I saw your blowout prediction. Knew it wasn't going to happen. But I truly thought we'd win this one. Can't win when your STs still looks like pee wee ball.

Regardless, Eagles made enough plays to win, so hat off to them. That's all that matters in the end.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAD4COMP... that was straight up a dirty play and could have ended a career. Watch the play again, the guy running with the ball was being tackled and going down. Foles was no where near the play and slowly walking. THis is 100% illegal and it will be proven illegal when the NFL looks at the game tape and suspends and or fines him. If that happens will you admit you're wrong?

And you saying, "If Nicky boy cant take a hit on his shoulder he should find another game" is pretty darn funny cause Foles said after the game, "We won that game because of that cheap shot". All that did was fire up the Eagles and lead to an 80 yard drive with 4 OLine starters out.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAD4COMP... that was straight up a dirty play and could have ended a career. Watch the play again, the guy running with the ball was being tackled and going down. Foles was no where near the play and slowly walking. THis is 100% illegal and it will be proven illegal when the NFL looks at the game tape and suspends and or fines him. If that happens will you admit you're wrong?

And you saying, "If Nicky boy cant take a hit on his shoulder he should find another game" is pretty darn funny cause Foles said after the game, "We won that game because of that cheap shot". All that did was fire up the Eagles and lead to an 80 yard drive with 4 OLine starters out.

If the Qb doesnt expect the possibility of being blocked or even blind side blocked, he should not even tentatively be moving towards the play. Was it a blind side?? Sure it was. Was it a dirty hit?? No more than blindsiding a guy on a kick or punt return.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the play again. During the game, I thought it was a cheap shot. But after reviewing it, Foles was moving toward the ball carrier. He becomes fair game at that point. I also just watched Peyton's INT. as the ball carrier was retuning the INT, Peyton was standing alone in mid field. He made no such attempt. The point is if you don't want to be blocked, don't move to the action.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Qb doesnt expect the possibility of being blocked or even blind side blocked, he should not even tentatively be moving towards the play. Was it a blind side?? Sure it was. Was it a dirty hit?? No more than blindsiding a guy on a kick or punt return.

Almost Birds fan here and no way was that a cheap shot. I ad to explain the 'rules 'to 8 people at the 'bar'. Foles needs to keep his head in the game....the whistle didn't blow.