• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redheads being cut

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? I would rather have an experienced O Linemen to work the Stidham. They drafted him, they feel comfortable with him. You are willing to give up a solid O linemen for a QB that is not consistent.

You asked how.

I said how.

If they are going to bring Dalton or anybody like that on board, it's what they'd have to do.

So it will come down to BB's faith in Stidham.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how the hell are the Pats with their 1.9 mill in cap space supposed to land Dalton and pay rookies?
I would imagine that Dalton contract would be like Winston type money. Pats have some players like Sunu for example, that alone would save 6.5 million if released.

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? I would rather have an experienced O Linemen to work the Stidham. They drafted him, they feel comfortable with him. You are willing to give up a solid O linemen for a QB that is not consistent.

Because they have been rumored to being interested in moving him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they have been rumored to being interested in moving him.
No the media dreamed up that scheme the Pats have been talking contract with him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked how.

I said how.

If they are going to bring Dalton or anybody like that on board, it's what they'd have to do.

So it will come down to BB's faith in Stidham.
Agreed and the fact they passed on some decent QBs in the draft makes me think they at least want to give him a shot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At nearly $18MM a year, no NFL team is keeping a player around to be a backup at that price - and no way Dalton (who still wants a shot to start) would take a pay-cut. Not to mention, if Burrow starts from day 1 and has some bumps (and he will) having a long-standing QB who has won games in the past in the shadows can add a lot of issues both for the team, the QB's, etc...they say when you have 2 QB's you have none - and I happen to agree with that sentiment. It's best for all, if Burrow is going to be the man going forward, that Dalton had to go.

This allows Andy to find a team well before the season and get a shot at starting. Best of luck to him. I think under the right circumstances, he can win some games - even in January.

You said it best...he can...

Dalton is a stopgap starter at best now...but really like him as a backup.

Everyone is talking about NE, but JAX might be a stopping point.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Burrows back up now?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats are moving on from TB12 and have 2 QBs under contract two that know the system and a few rookie UDFA that cost next to nothing. IMO signing Dalton does not make this team better so I don't see the logic in it.
First off, of course you can't see the logic while valuing your own worthless opinion. Way to puke out some circular reasoning.:thumb:

Maneuvering around the cap is rarely daunting. You've established that you are a clueless novice and, if we apply some logic, it's expected that you'll learn your lesson soon.:nod:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting old... I mean, I'm only 42.5, but I can't lust over chicks that young anymore... Too close to my daughter's age.

Plenty of men in your age range are with younger women. You had your daughter in high school or college?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cap is the most movable "obstacle" ever invented.

This will be a huge get for the Patriots and keep them in playoff contention.

Edelman "I never realized how much of Brady's throws Dalton could make" - Soon

More likely, Edelman will be a locker room problem without his BFF around.