• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets Being Jets

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Useless info but still interesting?
Jets are in last place, Pats are in 1st

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike the Jets more than any other team in our division. But damn do I like their green helmets.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike the Jets more than any other team in our division. But damn do I like their green helmets.
sick puke GIF

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, the drama!!!!
Asked what he was doing when the injury occurred, Rodgers replied, “I don’t know. Just running, I guess.”
That answer was largely relevant because reporters observed Rodgers stretching his calf after an exercise that involved performing lunges while holding a medicine ball — a warmup routine that Rodgers noted was unlike any he’d done during his career.

I feel bad for Aaron, I feel great for the Jets.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was going to get hurt regardless of who was blocking imo. The turf did it more than anything
Well...if the tackle doing the blocking blocks better, he doesn't go down with another person on top of him hyperextending the calf and popping the tendon...right?

Am I missing something?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...if the tackle doing the blocking blocks better, he doesn't go down with another person on top of him hyperextending the calf and popping the tendon...right?

Am I missing something?

Yes I know but I think it was happening no matter what on Monday

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd let you take a baseball bat to my kneecap right now for the 75 million Aaron's getting.

I don't feel bad for him at all. Like, at all.
I knew somebody would go there.

I feel bad bad for any individual that gets injured and has to endure the pain of the injury and the pain of rehab and suffer the burden of being displaced from their everyday routine because of their injury whether permanently or just temporary.

I would never wish an injury on any player in any sport regardless of age. rank, ability or sport. I don't care if they are making $75 mil, trying to earn a spot in a draft, or just staying active in high school.

It's called empathy.

I would feel worse for a $25/hour pipe layer that slipped going down the ladder into a ditch with the same injury than I do Aaron.

Christina Applegate was recently (semi...) diagnosed with MS and it has basically ended her career. I feel bad for her.
A friend from high school had MS and it ended her career too. I felt exponentially worse for her and her family.

Now...don't get me wrong, I do have an old coworker that if I heard he got hitbytruckitis I would rejoice and ask if there was a video I could put on permanent replay. I would even look up his abandoned ex wife and invite her over for movie night.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew somebody would go there.
May sound crazy, but at my age and experience, I'd give up an arm and leg for $75M and let tem take both with a dull, rusty knife.

As we used to say in Nam........."Pain is God's way of letting you know that you're not dead yet."

It would guarantee that my grandchildren and great grand daughter would have a step up in this mess of a world that we've created.

I would die with a smile on my face.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rodgers has dealt with calf injuries before, including late in the 2014 season, an ailment that lingered into the playoffs that ended with a memorable setback against Seattle in the NFC championship game. He experienced another calf injury two seasons later."

• The calf squeeze (Simmonds’ test) should be performed, and the findings clearly documented, in all ankle injuries and ‘calf sprains’.
  • ‘There is no such thing as a partial tear.’
  • Imaging studies are not required to make the diagnosis in the acute situation, and frequently offer false reassurance.
  • Patients with an acute rupture of the Achilles tendon can still walk and move the ankle, using other parts of the calf muscle complex.
  • Although the debate regarding operative versus non-operative treatment is unresolved, the need for prompt recognition of this injury is paramount.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • The calf squeeze (Simmonds’ test) should be performed, and the findings clearly documented, in all ankle injuries and ‘calf sprains’.
  • ‘There is no such thing as a partial tear.’
  • Imaging studies are not required to make the diagnosis in the acute situation, and frequently offer false reassurance.
  • Patients with an acute rupture of the Achilles tendon can still walk and move the ankle, using other parts of the calf muscle complex.
  • Although the debate regarding operative versus non-operative treatment is unresolved, the need for prompt recognition of this injury is paramount.
Question:

Isn't the tendon that stabilizes the calf the achilles?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question:

Isn't the tendon that stabilizes the calf the achilles?
There are multiple tendons that "stabilize the calf"

Ever eat a turkey leg? Human anatomy is different but the same in that the lega are full of tendons.
Hamstring tendon is actually 3 tendons. You can function, (sort of) with one detached. That's the condition of my hamstring currently.
I don't personally know how many tendons are in the calf but there are a bunch