• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox throttle hapless M's,make the smart move, add Peavy for pennies on the dollar

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pirates tried to get mark trumbo

that kid would be a beast in Fenway

What I don't get is why does Mark Trumbo's name keeps coming up in trade talks. Kid his age, small salary, and power should not be so available. Are there any reported issues with him?

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you fans of buying teams feel any of the following Marlins pieces can help your team?

Placido Polanco
Juan Pierre
Justin Ruggiano
Chad Qualls
Greg Dobbs

Other pieces other than Stanton because that would take a whole thread and the Marlins aren't likely to deal him any way because of the injury to Marcell Ozuna.

No...Polanco and Pierre are practically useless, Ruggiano? 4th OF'er...

maybe Qualls...but he's not netting you much...and Greg Dobbs might be the worst positional player in baseball...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't get is why does Mark Trumbo's name keeps coming up in trade talks. Kid his age, small salary, and power should not be so available. Are there any reported issues with him?

Strikes out in truck loads? Doesn't walk? can;t really feild a position? Take yer pick...

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...Polanco and Pierre are practically useless, Ruggiano? 4th OF'er...

maybe Qualls...but he's not netting you much...and Greg Dobbs might be the worst positional player in baseball...

Yeah, I figure Ruggiano is the only one that may get a mid level prospect - at most.

Dobbs is better off the bench rather than getting extended playing time. Also, he should be DH-ing.

Yeah, Polanco is worthless at this point of his career.

I'm wondering if Pierre's speed makes him serviceable to someone looking for speed off the bench.

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strikes out in truck loads? Doesn't walk? can;t really feild a position? Take yer pick...

Yeah, I know all that, and I know that he's not a core player, but still. The power would make me take him as a DH and maybe as a #6 hitter (possibly 7th) where he'd be very helpful. I wouldn't be looking to unload him. It isn't like guys with his HR power grow on trees. And the small salary is a bonus.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like any right handed hitter there?

Or Lefty in Yankee Stadium

he hits a lot of fly balls to left, lot of them would sneak out of fenway

Troy Glaus is another guy that would have raked there

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not sure, i think maybe because they got Hamilton he was a possible trade candidate and today the Pirates inquired about him

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I figure Ruggiano is the only one that may get a mid level prospect - at most.

Dobbs is better off the bench rather than getting extended playing time. Also, he should be DH-ing.

Yeah, Polanco is worthless at this point of his career.

I'm wondering if Pierre's speed makes him serviceable to someone looking for speed off the bench.

Not even a mid level...you'd get just an equally underwhelming MLB/AAAA type...

His bat is horrendous for a 1st basemen...he should be in AAA...or bagging groceries and like you said, he shouldn't play 1st base...he's worse than useless...

Pierre? I guess if a team is desperate for a pinch runner to take up a roster spot he'd have some use...but, I can find someone wtih speed anywhere...

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
orioles closer on bud norris

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, if you can crack major league rosters but aren't hitting to insert fans_________ standards, you should be "Bagging groceries".

Mike Oxlodge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get paid 550K to pinch hit and pinch run.......I'll take it in a heart beat, it takes extreme talent to sit at an office desk 9 hours a day staring at baseball stats. What do you get paid for that? Thats what I want to know.

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: #Orioles agree to acquire Norris from #Astros for Hoes and another piece. Finalizing now.

Teal Swordsman

Marlins Fan Base
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get paid 550K to pinch hit and pinch run.......I'll take it in a heart beat, it takes extreme talent to sit at an office desk 9 hours a day staring at baseball stats. What do you get paid for that? Thats what I want to know.

I like this one best.

:agree:

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, if you can crack major league rosters but aren't hitting to insert fans_________ standards, you should be "Bagging groceries".

What's with the newer more sensitive ox?

It's a figure of speech princess...

For the Latin King members...translated it means he should be out of baseball...:L

Mike Oxlodge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with the newer more sensitive ox?

It's a figure of speech princess...

For the Latin King members...translated it means he should be out of baseball...:L

Figure of speech for arm chair quaterbacks who sucked at sports.