• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Sox throttle hapless M's,make the smart move, add Peavy for pennies on the dollar

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rays should be moved to Nashville. Nashville would support the shit out of them instead of those Rays "fans" who won't take free tickets but then show up with the foam fingers when the playoffs start.

"but but but...the trop is in a bad neighborhood and you have to drive across a BRIDGE to get there!!"

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you watching the game? Ump was way outta line, then when Martin was trying to restrain him, the 3rd base ump starts waling to the mound to take to AJ and he was having none of that shit. The umps looked silly.

No...

Umps in baseball are still a problem, not nearly NBA levels...but they still think they're a part of he game...you're not...no one fucking cares if you get shown up by a pitcher, but you...and other umpires. And for the amount of times you fuck up the simplest of calls? You don't deserve much respect...

#Moreinstantreplay...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...

Umps in baseball are still a problem, not nearly NBA levels...but they still think they're a part of he game...you're not...no one fucking cares if you get shown up by a pitcher, but you...and other umpires. And for the amount of times you fuck up the simplest of calls? You don't deserve much respect...

#Moreinstantreplay...

like orsillo said last night..do what the NHL does. guys in NY, on direct feed...they watch the game, buzz into the ref/umpires ear piece to halt the game...quick, real time review, call made

NHL does it in under 2-3 minutes generally

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"but but but...the trop is in a bad neighborhood and you have to drive across a BRIDGE to get there!!"

It takes longer to get from Coney island to Yankee stadium than it does to get from clearwater to the Trop....

those fans fucking suck...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like orsillo said last night..do what the NHL does. guys in NY, on direct feed...they watch the game, buzz into the ref/umpires ear piece to halt the game...quick, real time review, call made

NHL does it in under 2-3 minutes generally

Yep...definitely the best system...as long as they get the call right, or have a decent enough explanation why they got it wrong (wasn't clear on replay etc..) who the fuck cares?

And if i hear "we want to keep the human element involved in officiating our game" Bullshit...I want the fucking game called as it's played...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bro sent me this video yesterday of Wally Backman flipping out and it's hilarious.

"You're a goddamn embarrassment to the game of professional baseball."

How humiliating to have to walk down a chain link fence when you're ejected to get to the parking lot.

"Let's go have a beer."

Last edited by a moderator:

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, that comes back to our chicken/egg discussion.

Why do they get better ratings - because the Yankees and Red Sox are more popular on tv or because E!SPN and FOX promotes their games more?

You guys forget that I run my own business. I believe that marketing dictates sales. The product doesn't sell itself. Therefore, I'm on the side that if those kiddy networks promoted the other 27 teams the way that the promote the teams in their backyard, those games would get high ratings too. Look at the Little League World Series for example. You really think many people would watch that if it wasn't marketed so well by the kiddy networks? Good marketing can sell you anything. The belief that it's the product that can't be sold is complete bullshit. with the marketing resources that they have access to, the kiddy networks could sell 500 mile turtle racing if they wanted to.

Well I think the Yankee Sox rivalry predates ESPN. Has ESPN fostered it? Yep, but there was definitely something there to foster and to draw viewership. Also when you have a team like the Yankees win 4 WS in 5 years, they're simply going to get more coverage (and so are their rivals). It's been happening with the Giants - Dodgers, fostered by the Giants 2 of 3 and the Dodgers' spending.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and hammer, I agree the ump was out of line...but if he was SOOOOO pissed off about burnett's arm flap? He could've tossed him the spot for arguing balls and strikes...

he chose the royal douchebag approach instead...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO

k-bigpic.jpg

ap13040913276.jpg

4-11-2013%2011-34-05%20am.jpg

k-bigpic.jpg

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Note to Marlins fans: "They'll probably let you move closer when no one else is at the game."

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else as outraged as I am that the Sox have to face Iwakuma and Hernandez while the Os get the underbelly of the Mariners rotation this weekend?

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
miggy is out again

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else as outraged as I am that the Sox have to face Iwakuma and Hernandez while the Os get the underbelly of the Mariners rotation this weekend?

Didnt the Sox beat up on Iwakuma out in seattle?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Note to Marlins fans: "They'll probably let you move closer when no one else is at the game."

Loria probably wanders around the stadium with a pack of security guards making sure everyone is in their assigned seats.

RedSoxWorrld

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hammer, padres working on getting ian kennedy