• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

red rocket to NE?

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll preface this by saying none of this logic matters if Bill Belichick has already decided he wants to start a new era that doesn’t include a 43-year-old quarterback who makes a lot of money. Belichick might want to begin anew with a quarterback he feels is good and who costs significantly less—someone like 32-year-old Andy Dalton; the Patriots would probably have to pay a third or fourth-round pick for Dalton, who has a year left on his contract and no future in Cincinnati. (The Patriots have two thirds and two fourths, including a likely third-round compensatory pick.) If Belichick makes up his mind that it’s time to move on from Brady, then my argument is moot. Dalton, by the way, would be my pick to start in New England next year if Brady goes. Belichick would love Dalton. He’s a quiet, intense, lunchpail Texan who makes no excuses. And Dalton would embrace the Patriot ethos.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll preface this by saying none of this logic matters if Bill Belichick has already decided he wants to start a new era that doesn’t include a 43-year-old quarterback who makes a lot of money. Belichick might want to begin anew with a quarterback he feels is good and who costs significantly less—someone like 32-year-old Andy Dalton; the Patriots would probably have to pay a third or fourth-round pick for Dalton, who has a year left on his contract and no future in Cincinnati. (The Patriots have two thirds and two fourths, including a likely third-round compensatory pick.) If Belichick makes up his mind that it’s time to move on from Brady, then my argument is moot. Dalton, by the way, would be my pick to start in New England next year if Brady goes. Belichick would love Dalton. He’s a quiet, intense, lunchpail Texan who makes no excuses. And Dalton would embrace the Patriot ethos.

Did you get that from some source, or is that your opinion and blurb?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would certainly trade either/both Dalton/Green to NE.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most NFL teams would rather run Fitzpatrick out there than Dalton.

Are there still people touting that Dalton is a top 10 QB? Ready to chop my head off if I say he's not top 10?

ok then...

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, I think most teams would rather take a chance on a 3rd round QB than Dalton, unless they want someone to start immediately. if a team has a serious injury, we might see something.

I don't know if anyone can package a trade that Brown can agree too, but we'll see.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most NFL teams would rather run Fitzpatrick out there than Dalton.

Are there still people touting that Dalton is a top 10 QB? Ready to chop my head off if I say he's not top 10?

ok then...

Fitz will probably be able to have a few snaps of dazzle for another 2 or 3 yrs the way he seems to be going, but I would rather Dalton if I'm the LA Chargers.

NE? It makes some sense, if Brady choses his ole team mate and goes to TN...or LAC...The problem with Dalton to NE is his JAN baggage...idk if that's the best fit for Dalton.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blurb from yahoo article

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when I think Patriots, I think teamwork, discipline, leadership, and winning.

I don't think Dalton has accomplished that here. I think he came into the league with a lot of promise and did very well for a rookie, but he plateaued and now he's been bengalized. would a change of scenery do the trick for him? I don't think so, I think he's settled.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has he signed with a team yet? I was thinking it would be great if he was qb3 for the houston texans behind mccarron. lol.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
has he signed with a team yet? I was thinking it would be great if he was qb3 for the houston texans behind mccarron. lol.

There are too many veteran QBs on the move and not enough starting QB spots this offseason. That rarely happens.

I expect a lot of situations like the Titans last year where a QB is brought in to push a starter. I'm not sure how sold the Jags are on Minshew but Dalton reuniting with Gruden in Jacksonville as a high priced backup makes sense

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are too many veteran QBs on the move and not enough starting QB spots this offseason. That rarely happens.

I expect a lot of situations like the Titans last year where a QB is brought in to push a starter. I'm not sure how sold the Jags are on Minshew but Dalton reuniting with Gruden in Jacksonville as a high priced backup makes sense

Especially with Eifert going there. That would actually be a good destination for Dalton also. A familiar target.