• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Bull: Quitting F1 not out of the question

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Red Bull doesn't like the new six and want to go back to the eight. I think it is better just to shut up and race or go home. They had their chance at the end of last year and said little. Geez.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Formula 1 has always been on the forefront of motoring technology. It's great that they are focusing more on efficiency and green technologies. These cars are still fast as heck and I think they still sound good when they go to the onboard cameras. Loud isn't necessarily better.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what would Red Bull quitting F1 really mean? Seems to me it would mean some bottom end people lose jobs, but do we really believe that if Red Bull closed up shop that Vettel, Ricciardo, Horner, Nieuwy et al would be out of work?

Do they really believe that two less cars on the grid will damage F1 profitability? Especially when Haas is looking to stand a team up? Immediate replacement, and a lot of talented people looking for work.

It's all just sour grapes. They didn't read the rule book close enough, and they got left behind. Like McLaren did last year. The rule book can't be that hard to get right. Force India seems to have figured it out. So did Williams. AMG clearly got it right. McLaren is back in form.

It all comes down to their engine supplier. Because they and the Lotus have been dismal. Instead of pushing your engine people to get up to snuff, you whine and want to change the rules to accommodate what they are capable of.

So I guess he is the new Enzo...

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Dietrich would still be open to keeping his stake in Toro Rosso, which is considerably less expensive, just to keep the Red Bull brand name out there on the track. If not, then F1 potentially stands to lose two teams; not just one.