• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND picked 2 Big time recruits yesterday. 2 brothers from Wimbush high school. 2 4 Star DE and LB. Ademilola Twins. 2018 class.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND picked 2 Big time recruits yesterday. 2 brothers from Wimbush high school. 2 4 Star DE and LB. Ademilola Twins. 2018 class.

I saw this more great news, I like to see them landing guys a year ahead of time it should draw interest from other recruits so even if they lose some of these guys at least other guys will probably come into the fold because of the good start the coaching staff is on.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 1 area I really appreciate Kelly and the Staff. They are some good recruiters. We are starting to get the Top Talent. Its taking a little longer then I thought but its nice to know every year we will be 8-4 or better and most years chasing for the playoffs.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 1 area I really appreciate Kelly and the Staff. They are some good recruiters. We are starting to get the Top Talent. Its taking a little longer then I thought but its nice to know every year we will be 8-4 or better and most years chasing for the playoffs.
Yes, but still having a bit of trouble getting elite talent on the front lines. Haven't had sure fire DL talent since the days of Nix, Tuitt and Lynch. Jarron Jones could be that kind of guy if he stays healthy. But the past few years it seems like we're over-reliant on one D-lineman and we don't get a consistent rush with the front 7 so maybe we wouldn't have to monkey around with so many blitz packages that Uncle Rico loves to run.

Where we've gained the most ground is on recruiting speed. Its always funny listening to commentators that still talk about these ND teams like they were the Weis teams that were slow as shit. Some of them are actually surprised at how fast some of our players are.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but still having a bit of trouble getting elite talent on the front lines. Haven't had sure fire DL talent since the days of Nix, Tuitt and Lynch. Jarron Jones could be that kind of guy if he stays healthy. But the past few years it seems like we're over-reliant on one D-lineman and we don't get a consistent rush with the front 7 so maybe we wouldn't have to monkey around with so many blitz packages that Uncle Rico loves to run.

Where we've gained the most ground is on recruiting speed. Its always funny listening to commentators that still talk about these ND teams like they were the Weis teams that were slow as shit. Some of them are actually surprised at how fast some of our players are.
Yes we are still behind getting thos Top 5 star recruits on the DL but we are landing them at every other position. Im stilling for that next Top electric player. Like a Rocket Ismail. The last player close to that was Golden Tate. Floyd and Fuller were great players but they didnt play special teams. Also I want that next great secondary guy.

I agree with you about the DL. I dont understand why we cant land 1 a cycle at least. We hit top talent at every other position.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we are still behind getting thos Top 5 star recruits on the DL but we are landing them at every other position. Im stilling for that next Top electric player. Like a Rocket Ismail. The last player close to that was Golden Tate. Floyd and Fuller were great players but they didnt play special teams. Also I want that next great secondary guy.

I agree with you about the DL. I dont understand why we cant land 1 a cycle at least. We hit top talent at every other position.

Personally I do think they got that kind of talent last year with Kareem and Hayes but maybe I'm the only one.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I do think they got that kind of talent last year with Kareem and Hayes but maybe I'm the only one.
Well it remains to be seen. That's why I think classes should be graded two years after matriculation

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it remains to be seen. That's why I think classes should be graded two years after matriculation

True but just because a guy has a high rating doesn't mean he'll play great which is to your point. However if you are simply talking about recruiting elite level talent to the Defensive line then I'm not sure how those two don't qualify when it's recruiting high school talent that isn't proven The perception is that they will be elite based off ranking and high school production which is more to what these guys were talking about not recruiting the elite type talent to the Defensive Line.

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope so... Hayes was recruited as a LB and has a history of injuries, Kareem has to have some skills or he wouldn't have been a Bama recruit.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Robert Beal Jr pcked UG. I didnt even know we were out of his top 4. Last time I hearD ND was the Favored again. Oh Well. He would of been a big time pick up.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Robert Beal Jr pcked UG. I didnt even know we were out of his top 4. Last time I hearD ND was the Favored again. Oh Well. He would of been a big time pick up.

Yeah is what it is. I'm sure they'll get some good D-Lineman in this class.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next couple of days we have 2 kids making their pick and ND is in their Final 3. Keep an eye out for:
4 star RB CJ Holmes: July 8th
4 star OL Robert Hainsy: July 9th or 10th

other news: ND is still in play for Top recruit and #1 OL Trey Smith. Its between ND, Ole Miss, Tenn, Auburn, Clemson and bama.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next couple of days we have 2 kids making their pick and ND is in their Final 3. Keep an eye out for:
4 star RB CJ Holmes: July 8th
4 star OL Robert Hainsy: July 9th or 10th

other news: ND is still in play for Top recruit and #1 OL Trey Smith. Its between ND, Ole Miss, Tenn, Auburn, Clemson and bama.

Everyone thinks Holmes is pretty solid ND. And Hainsy seems to be a good shot. Trey Smith is probably wishful thinking, but you never know. We've done pretty well with Tennessee recruits recently. (Harrison Smith, Golden Tate, Alex Barr, probably many others I can't recall). If I'm an O lineman, the recent success of ND O linemen in the NFL would be a compelling story.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone thinks Holmes is pretty solid ND. And Hainsy seems to be a good shot. Trey Smith is probably wishful thinking, but you never know. We've done pretty well with Tennessee recruits recently. (Harrison Smith, Golden Tate, Alex Barr, probably many others I can't recall). If I'm an O lineman, the recent success of ND O linemen in the NFL would be a compelling story.
Yeah, but its basically us vs. the SEC on this one. We will be out-bid.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but its basically us vs. the SEC on this one. We will be out-bid.

Clearly a situation where we need the kid's mom on campus. If that happens, our chances double.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly a situation where we need the kid's mom on campus. If that happens, our chances double.

I think his post has more to do with the $EC part of being out bid with their bag men and all.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his post has more to do with the $EC part of being out bid with their bag men and all.

Moms don't care about the money. They want what's best for their babies.