• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid wants to be Irish. He had no reason to commit. he even said he wanted to wait until after his Jr year but after visiting and seeing what ND offered he couldnt say no. He said there is no place better. I feel this kid will stay unless something major changed(like new HC or sanford leaves). He is a big fan of Sanford.

So we can expect Urban to sign Sanford then...LOL

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sanford is the next Irish head coach. He might be the head coach somewhere else first but I see the position as his whenever Kelly moves on

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sanford is the next Irish head coach. He might be the head coach somewhere else first but I see the position as his whenever Kelly moves on
yup i said that from the start. i think kelly is grooming him. if he doesnt leave in 1-2 years for HC job that will be a give away.

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly can't see Kelly going to the NFL for a variety of reasons: 1) Age- He will be 55 by the time this season is over. 2) Not a player's coach- can't turn purple yelling at NFL QBs, and 3) Has yet to win consistently at a high level. Maybe if he can reel off a few more back to back 10 win seasons and a playoff birth, then he'll become a hot commodity. However, by then he'll be 57-58 years old.

I really like what Kelly has done at Notre Dame. I know he's failed to win truly big games, but compared to where Notre Dame was in the twilight of the Weis era, he's vastly improved Notre Dame's competitiveness on a National Level. All three losses this season were to Top 5 teams, two on the road by a combined 3 points. All the while dealing with a laundry list of injuries.

My overall point, Kelly could have 8-10 years left at Notre Dame. It's hard to imagine Sanford is being groomed that far in advance.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be the next coach, but nothing says he cannot leave then come back. It might actually be good for him. Get the mistakes out of the way now and learn. I am with Rust (welcome by the way) that BK is here for awhile....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't see Kelly going to the NFL for a variety of reasons: 1) Age- He will be 55 by the time this season is over. 2) Not a player's coach- can't turn purple yelling at NFL QBs, and 3) Has yet to win consistently at a high level. Maybe if he can reel off a few more back to back 10 win seasons and a playoff birth, then he'll become a hot commodity. However, by then he'll be 57-58 years old.

I really like what Kelly has done at Notre Dame. I know he's failed to win truly big games, but compared to where Notre Dame was in the twilight of the Weis era, he's vastly improved Notre Dame's competitiveness on a National Level. All three losses this season were to Top 5 teams, two on the road by a combined 3 points. All the while dealing with a laundry list of injuries.

My overall point, Kelly could have 8-10 years left at Notre Dame. It's hard to imagine Sanford is being groomed that far in advance.
Also dont forget he has put ND back into the NFL eyes. In the last 3 years ND has 3rd or 4th most players drafted and signed. Scouts go to ND now to see what they have. Kids now come because they know Kelly cant get them to the next level. That was Weis biggest flaw. He didnt really help kids improve.

back to the sanford thing. I think he stays at ND for another 2-3 years and then gets an HC spot and then when that door is open he comes back.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be the next coach, but nothing says he cannot leave then come back. It might actually be good for him. Get the mistakes out of the way now and learn. I am with Rust (welcome by the way) that BK is here for awhile....
Lets just hope he isnt like Urban Meyer and never comes back after leaving.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say that I kind of agree with Harbaugh about Saban preaching about possible misconduct at these Satellite Camps when his coach was caught and resigned for recruiting misconduct. Just try to get people talking about something else Nicky Satan.

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say that I kind of agree with Harbaugh about Saban preaching about possible misconduct at these Satellite Camps when his coach was caught and resigned for recruiting misconduct. Just try to get people talking about something else Nicky Satan.

His real intention, keeping schools out of SEC territory, is masked by the legitimate concern of minimal oversight at these camps. I love Harbaugh for having the balls to point out the emperor has no clothes.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His real intention, keeping schools out of SEC territory, is masked by the legitimate concern of minimal oversight at these camps. I love Harbaugh for having the balls to point out the emperor has no clothes.
Maybe some would say its good coaching and politicking, but the biggest pet peeve I have with Saban is his vocal efforts to skew rules to his advantage, on seemingly everything.

He builds his teams on hulked up, deer antler sprayed behemouths, which the rest of his conference follows suit, and then complains of the unfair advantage no huddle teams have so he can substitute his #1 studs for his #1-A studs, and his guys get tired. He wants rule changes to set minimum times between snaps.

He wants to trap all the talent in the south for his own benefit, so he decries satellite camps.

Alabama already has more advantages that virtually every school, immense funding for the football team, extra staff that most schools can't/won't afford, a state and university that has sold out to give the football program everything, lax academic standards, southern location that is attractive to recruits, the ever present SEC bagmen, etc. His dynasty didn't happen because Nick Saban is a uniquely qualified coach, he already enjoys a lot of natural advantages. So when he whines bout something that won't go his way, its a tad off-putting. Then again, some would say he's just doing his job.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would argue the oversight at these camps is about as minimal as the oversight on an SEC Campus visit.

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe some would say its good coaching and politicking, but the biggest pet peeve I have with Saban is his vocal efforts to skew rules to his advantage, on seemingly everything.

He builds his teams on hulked up, deer antler sprayed behemouths, which the rest of his conference follows suit, and then complains of the unfair advantage no huddle teams have so he can substitute his #1 studs for his #1-A studs, and his guys get tired. He wants rule changes to set minimum times between snaps.

He wants to trap all the talent in the south for his own benefit, so he decries satellite camps.

Alabama already has more advantages that virtually every school, immense funding for the football team, extra staff that most schools can't/won't afford, a state and university that has sold out to give the football program everything, lax academic standards, southern location that is attractive to recruits, the ever present SEC bagmen, etc. His dynasty didn't happen because Nick Saban is a uniquely qualified coach, he already enjoys a lot of natural advantages. So when he whines bout something that won't go his way, its a tad off-putting. Then again, some would say he's just doing his job.

It's a gray area, but given those advantages is it really worth getting twisted up over this?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a gray area, but given those advantages is it really worth getting twisted up over this?
From who's perspective. I personally don't care about the camps.

FYI, I don't mind ND's approach of strategically playing games in target rich areas as a means of getting access. I think winning some of those games esp. the upcoming series with GA will let kids in SEC land know we can compete with them on the field.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FYI, I don't mind ND's approach of strategically playing games in target rich areas as a means of getting access. I think winning some of those games esp. the upcoming series with GA will let kids in SEC land know we can compete with them on the field.
beating LSU was a good 1st step. Yes we need to win the bigger games now. no more excuses.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ND has not utilized the satellite camps. But one recent change that will definitely help the ND recruiting is that the NCAA has ruled that we can now pay for the parents of the recruits to visit ND. Both the travel expense and the housing for them. Parents seem to love the campus, and in the past we weren't allowed to pay their expenses to visit. Now we can bring families from Florida, California, Texas, wherever to ND. I think this is a real positive development for recruiting at ND.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND has not utilized the satellite camps. But one recent change that will definitely help the ND recruiting is that the NCAA has ruled that we can now pay for the parents of the recruits to visit ND. Both the travel expense and the housing for them. Parents seem to love the campus, and in the past we weren't allowed to pay their expenses to visit. Now we can bring families from Florida, California, Texas, wherever to ND. I think this is a real positive development for recruiting at ND.
Agreed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect some commitments after this weekend. Irish Invasion

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't always get the commit at the camp but usually soon after.