• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I think game day is a distraction anyway. And the format is pretty stale. That said, this move doesn't surprise me for a couple of reasons. First, ESPN has a financial incentive to promote the SEC brand. Two it's hard to bring the crowd out that early for a night game.
very good points

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking like this might be an so so class. Not many of the top 100 players have ND in the lead for their services. ND has a lot of ground to make up. Also a good start can help with recruits. lets see what happens.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking like this might be an so so class. Not many of the top 100 players have ND in the lead for their services. ND has a lot of ground to make up. Also a good start can help with recruits. lets see what happens.
It will entirely depend on how successful they are this year. A lot of mid-west talent passed them by, theyll need others to pause and give a second look. Kelly's solved the depth issues by and large. He needs t bring in some game-changers.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will entirely depend on how successful they are this year. A lot of mid-west talent passed them by, theyll need others to pause and give a second look. Kelly's solved the depth issues by and large. He needs t bring in some game-changers.
yes I agree about game changer. its time to land a BIG time WR like a guy like M. Floyd and a sack machine.

One of my Fav players on this team is Fuller. I don't know how he isn't getting any big time hype. I have him as a Top 5 WR this year. Kid can ball.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes I agree about game changer. its time to land a BIG time WR like a guy like M. Floyd and a sack machine.

One of my Fav players on this team is Fuller. I don't know how he isn't getting any big time hype. I have him as a Top 5 WR this year. Kid can ball.

I love our receivers this year. Fuller, Robinson, Procise (if he's not a RB), Hunter, and our new TE. These guys should take a lot of pressure off Zaire.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love our receivers this year. Fuller, Robinson, Procise (if he's not a RB), Hunter, and our new TE. These guys should take a lot of pressure off Zaire.
after the Bryant news i think we will see Procise more at RB. I agree about taking pressure off of him.
We are now on 3-4 years in a row where we lost a some what big time player. I know Bryant isn't a starter but he was important to our 1-2 punch at that position. I hearing he might leave ND now.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after the Bryant news i think we will see Procise more at RB. I agree about taking pressure off of him.
We are now on 3-4 years in a row where we lost a some what big time player. I know Bryant isn't a starter but he was important to our 1-2 punch at that position. I hearing he might leave ND now.

I'd hate to see Bryant leave. I still think he has a ton of potential.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate to see Bryant leave. I still think he has a ton of potential.
I agree, but I don't see why he would stay. I think he needs a change if he ever wants to get to that potential. I hate to say that. now as a fan i want him back just in case we lose Folston after this year. Im excited to see what Williams and Adams can do this year. 1 of them will get some reps. Williams is that speed back and Adams that North-South runner.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I don't see why he would stay. I think he needs a change if he ever wants to get to that potential. I hate to say that. now as a fan i want him back just in case we lose Folston after this year. Im excited to see what Williams and Adams can do this year. 1 of them will get some reps. Williams is that speed back and Adams that North-South runner.

Sounds like now he's gone for the year. This is becoming a sad situation for the kid. Too much talent to waste.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was just about to post this. commitment #14. 3 star QB. only 6 feet tall. some what quick, accurate and good arm. another so so move. this class is not jumping out this year. im ok with the move. we have 2 big time QB behind Z so im ok with this. this looks like a kid that will stay all 4 years.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he was the lowest rated of the WR in his recruiting class so star rankings aren't the end all be all. The one thing they do need is an elite pass rusher. Which they still have a few options at those spots. Also realistically with a bunch of 8-5 seasons with one 12-1 season that ended in a blow out beat down by Alabama I think it's unrealistic to expect most top 100 players lining up at the gate to get in to Notre Dame. If they can land a class with out half with elite talent (ESPN300, Scouts 300) and a quarter of the class from Rivals top 100 and 247sports top list of players they are probably doing well until the on field production can catch up. The one thing in my point of view the past two seasons holding them back has been QB play if they can get elite or nearly or at least really good QB play they would be fine.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was just about to post this. commitment #14. 3 star QB. only 6 feet tall. some what quick, accurate and good arm. another so so move. this class is not jumping out this year. im ok with the move. we have 2 big time QB behind Z so im ok with this. this looks like a kid that will stay all 4 years.

I won't call it a so so move so much as they needed to add someone and a lot of QB's in this class had already committed to other schools and not just top the top guys and with the guys on campus already it's understandable why. I feel Book is a reasonable addition to the team being a high three star that could in theory get a boost in his rankings if he plays well in a tough California league this season. One thing that most scouts are saying is that he makes quick reads and good decisions at the high school level once again in a tough league by throwing very few Interceptions. Even if he's only ever a back up that comes in when the starter gets injured he's quality depth.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a post in the camp thread about Kolin Hill leaving the team and he does plan on transferring so they picked up another Scholarship for this years class.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think any doubt that Ishaq Williams wasn't coming back if he could just went out the window.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Betiku committed to UCLA so that is one Elite pass rusher off the board of course it's only July so you never know if they can get the kid on campus it may help. I have heard that Justin Madubuike is high on Notre Dame so hopefully that turns into a commitment or one of the elite DE's in this class.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Betiku committed to UCLA so that is one Elite pass rusher off the board of course it's only July so you never know if they can get the kid on campus it may help. I have heard that Justin Madubuike is high on Notre Dame so hopefully that turns into a commitment or one of the elite DE's in this class.
Well, in light of recent events they should be able to sell a shot at early PT.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its just hasn't been a good class so far. Maybe its the changes in the coaching staff and some guys getting use to recruiting who knows. Overall I don't think this will be a great class but a class that will add some depth to this team.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to judge the class just yet as the year is far from over. It is likely to be a smaller class but they do have an great O-Line committed to this class. Overall most of the three star kids are all higher three stars and boarder line 4 star kids which is a good thing. At the end of the day it's going to be a good class they always get a good class it's just a matter of how many top tier type talents they can get, right now I would say they have 4 or 5 in that mold.