• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recent RB draft history

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 1 (1)- Elliot, best so far
Round 2 (1)- Henry was very good
Round 3 (2)
Round 4 (3)
Round 5 (6)- Jordan Howard was good
Round 6 (6)
Round 7 (4)

Round 1 (2)- Gurley good rookie, horrible last season. Gordon horrible rookie, OK year 2, still hasn't had 4 YPC
Round 2 (2)
Round 3 (4)- Johnson, best RB in the league last season
Round 4 (4)
Round 5 (5)- Jay Ajayi most explosive back
Round 6 (2)
Round 7 (3)

Round 1 (0)
Round 2 (3)
Round 3 (5)
Round 4 (6)- Freeman by far the best
Round 5 (0)
Round 6 (5)
Round 7 (3)

Round 1 (0)
Round 2 (5)- Bell is best in league, Bernard, and Lacy
Round 3 (1)
Round 4 (3)
Round 5 (5)
Round 6 (8)
Round 7 (4)

Round 1 (3)- Richardson, Martin, Wilson
Best in draft was 6th rounder was Alfred Morris.

Round 1 (1)- Mark Ingram
Best in draft Murray Round 3

Round 1 (3)- Spiller, Matthews, Best

Round 1 (3)- Moreno, Brown, Wells
Best McCoy in round 2

Round 1 (5)- McFadden, Stewart, Jones, Mendenhall, Johnson
Forte in round 2
Charles in round 3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I doubt there will 3, let alone 4 RBs taken in round 1. RB draft bust history is too high. Beyond talent, there is the fear of losing the investment to injury.

Fournette will go round 1 because he is 240 and fast. I just think that is all he is and will bust.

Mixon would have been a first rounder if it wasn't for the fear of his off field issues. I can see him falling as low as the third.

Cook reminds me of Bell and McCoy. History says he will go in the second.

McCaffery is similar to Cook. Maybe a better pass catcher but less of a runner.

We will see on draft day. But answer this...do you believe these four are better prospects coming out than all these other second rounders?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loaded question here.

How many of these first round RBs went to teams tht had little or no offense before they arrived.

Now how many of those that did well and were drafted early, went to teams that had pretty good offensive talent already??

If we were drafting a RB to BE the offense, that is generally a mistake.

But I also wonder if you look at every position, if you dont have generally the same scatter shot of hits or misses.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the big difference between RB and other positions the big time players come from any where in the draft.
Best QBs are first rounders.
Best WRS are first rounders.
Best OL are first rounders.
As near as I can tell, it is a universal.

If you miss on a CB, and he is not a lock down 1, he is probably still a decent 2. If you miss on a RB, there are a shit ton of people that can carry a ball a couple of yards.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am the only person who does not think Gurley is special. He is good, that's all I got. Not a fan at all of taking a back in the first, they can be found later.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am the only person who does not think Gurley is special. He is good, that's all I got. Not a fan at all of taking a back in the first, they can be found later.

Hows that worked out for us?? I mean occasionally we have found a Morris type who was good for a year or two. I look at it like this, the more you invest in a player, the more you will try and make it work with that player. We dont invest more than a 3rd and usually less in our RBs, so coaches have no qualms about abandoning the run at the drop of a hat. Later is usually when you find your change of pace backs.... we got enough of those.

If we havent drafted a RB within the first two picks, I honestly hope we just dont take one. We got enough change of pace backs and dont need to waste a draft pick on another one.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was used to discourage drafting a RB at 17, i'm not sure it would work.

Elliot walked into the best situation possible and had a great rookie season, Gurley walked into the worst situation possible and had a great rookie season. What the organizations did or didn't do after that to improve the team for some of these high round picks did have an impact on the RBs.
What I will say is, I think we have too many RBs on the roster to add another one at 17.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elliot walked into the best situation possible and had a great rookie season, Gurley walked into the worst situation possible and had a great rookie season. What the organizations did or didn't do after that to improve the team for some of these high round picks did have an impact on the RBs.
What I will say is, I think we have too many RBs on the roster to add another one at 17.

It wasn't meant to encourage or discourage anything. It was meant to show the thinking of those making the picks in the NFL and the sudden idea that three, maybe four, RBs could be taken in round 1.

The line of thinking is rather obvious to me...the best RBs in the league are found throughout the draft. I would say it shows the greatest value round for a RB is round 2.

I agree that the surrounding players, especially the OL, is what dictates success of the RB.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the big difference between RB and other positions the big time players come from any where in the draft.
Best QBs are first rounders.
Best WRS are first rounders.
Best OL are first rounders.
As near as I can tell, it is a universal.

If you miss on a CB, and he is not a lock down 1, he is probably still a decent 2. If you miss on a RB, there are a shit ton of people that can carry a ball a couple of yards.
im glad you brought that up rb he sucks he is done but if you draft a cb and he show signs of sucking he can get moved to nickle or ss or fs .. i kind of made this point in my mock draft drafting players that can play more then 1 postiton SO i SAY NO TO RB AT 17 LAMB,SHOULD BE THE VALUE PICK AT 17 BPA SHOULD BE COOK OR ROSS

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We will only carry 3-4, we currently have five on roster. If we draft some one at 17 and Mack Brown ends up on the practice squad again.... I wont be crushed. And would you really be crushed if Kieth Marshall didnt make roster??

Also I think we have a good enough line for a RB to do well. Yes we ned an upgrade at LG, which should be a focus of this off season, And I would not be crushed if we upgraded at RT either. But for all intents, most think we have one of the better O-lines in the league right now.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will only carry 3-4, we currently have five on roster. If we draft some one at 17 and Mack Brown ends up on the practice squad again.... I wont be crushed. And would you really be crushed if Kieth Marshall didnt make roster??

Also I think we have a good enough line for a RB to do well. Yes we ned an upgrade at LG, which should be a focus of this off season, And I would not be crushed if we upgraded at RT either. But for all intents, most think we have one of the better O-lines in the league right now.

Yeah I like our line too, I think Long is going to improve and we may find a new starter at LG in the draft.
honestly its not terrible landing McCaffery or Cook, but i don't think the real benefit is until 2018 when you can clean house at RB. You keep Cook, Kelley and a 3rd back, and get rid of everything else. this year, you'll have a bunch of talent that you'll never get an answer on because you'll be forced to play the 1st round pick

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I like our line too, I think Long is going to improve and we may find a new starter at LG in the draft.
honestly its not terrible landing McCaffery or Cook, but i don't think the real benefit is until 2018 when you can clean house at RB. You keep Cook, Kelley and a 3rd back, and get rid of everything else. this year, you'll have a bunch of talent that you'll never get an answer on because you'll be forced to play the 1st round pick

This is another reason why I actually like the idea of us taking a RB in the first. We had a tendency to abandon the run early. Its easy for a coach to say, my undrafted RB only got 25 yards on 7 carries, so fuck it lets pass the ball as the owner wont freak out.

If we draft a RB in the first, you can bet the old left low hanger that behind closed doors, unless he is injured Bob forbid... the coach will have some "encouragement" to actually USE the toys provided to him. And us running the ball a bit more is probably a good thing.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another reason why I actually like the idea of us taking a RB in the first. We had a tendency to abandon the run early. Its easy for a coach to say, my undrafted RB only got 25 yards on 7 carries, so fuck it lets pass the ball as the owner wont freak out.

If we draft a RB in the first, you can bet the old left low hanger that behind closed doors, unless he is injured Bob forbid... the coach will have some "encouragement" to actually USE the toys provided to him. And us running the ball a bit more is probably a good thing.

Ok, now THAT is a thought, very possible -- that i didn't consider.
I could see Gruden bright red after a loss, where Cook was averaging 5 per at the half, and they abandoned the run. Then him being grilled by reporters, lol. Hmmm, maybe he would have more faith, and reason to cut back on the pass heavy scheme, and run more when a RB was drafted early. I'm not totally sold on RB in the 1st yet, but with the scheme being adjusted, and that position being settled 2018 hmmm

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, now THAT is a thought, very possible -- that i didn't consider.
I could see Gruden bright red after a loss, where Cook was averaging 5 per at the half, and they abandoned the run. Then him being grilled by reporters, lol. Hmmm, maybe he would have more faith, and reason to cut back on the pass heavy scheme, and run more when a RB was drafted early. I'm not totally sold on RB in the 1st yet, but with the scheme being adjusted, and that position being settled 2018 hmmm

I got 20 days until the draft, and two years of law school under my belt.... I think I can convince you. :lol: