• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reasons why the defense isn't great.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is we need more WR's

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swarm can you merge this thread with the whiny bitch fest one?.

No can do bro. The IC protested and paraded and put an end to that nonsense. Maybe ask Hammer.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize guys like Talib and Revis were out of our price range. Both Verner and DRC signed for basically the same amount of guarantee money as Tate got from Detroit.

I realize same price range. Question did Lions try to reach out? Did they decline? Same price range means nadda if them cats want nothing to do with Motown.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No can do bro. The IC protested and paraded and put an end to that nonsense. Maybe ask Hammer.

Was not here for it. However great call by the masses. Can't have a MOD who can't check his ego at the door...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not here for it. However great call by the masses. Can't have a MOD who can't check his ego at the door...

I don't think it even would have been an issue if there was any discussion amongst the board members about it. But... there wasn't. We just showed up one day and all of the posts we were expecting to see were gone- all merged into one.

I can certainly see the idea of tidying up the board, but I also don't see any issue with multiple threads. If a thread is done and it dies, big deal, it'll circulate down to the bottom where it can stay unless someone digs it up to comment on. That's just my personal preference though; maybe more people like the one single thread for everything idea? That's why we should have discussed it, imo.

There was definitely more going on than some simple board clean-up, though, hence the big fiasco over the whole ordeal...

Last edited by a moderator:

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merging everything doesn't do the place any justice. I was the reason why it happened because people got tired of my WR threads, I guess. Lol. Nobody want to make a thread inside a thread though. That's umbrella.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao. My damn phone wouldn't let me write "that's dumb".

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merging everything doesn't do the place any justice. I was the reason why it happened because people got tired of my WR threads, I guess. Lol. Nobody want to make a thread inside a thread though. That's umbrella.

So umbrella... so fucking umbrella...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize same price range. Question did Lions try to reach out? Did they decline? Same price range means nadda if them cats want nothing to do with Motown.

I think you must have missed the rest of what I said in my post, as I basically said the same thing you did after talking about the verner and DRC contracts.

I know it takes two in FA and we have no idea what the Lions attempted to do or not to do, but it is still upsetting to see players who would make the Lions defense immensely better sign with other teams.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the defense was as bad as you guys are saying here. Stafford and Co. put them in WAAAY to many bad situations with fumbles and careless INT's. For example, the BAL game. 6 field goals allowed and were constantly put in bad spots. They are by no means a championship caliber defense either. Just a few pieces away though.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the defense was as bad as you guys are saying here. Stafford and Co. put them in WAAAY to many bad situations with fumbles and careless INT's. For example, the BAL game. 6 field goals allowed and were constantly put in bad spots. They are by no means a championship caliber defense either. Just a few pieces away though.

They arent awful but they arent great either. Their defensive line and levy were dominant and clearly carried the rest of their defense, imagine a stud in the back seven combined with a resurrected stafford.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without looking back at game stats. I think 3 of FG's were after 3 n outs of being setup after TO.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you must have missed the rest of what I said in my post, as I basically said the same thing you did after talking about the verner and DRC contracts.

Mike I read hole thing. I am not a picker of what makes my arguement better. I was stating it means nadda if them guys don't want to be here. Yes you said it takes two. Get one someone else to argue with. I give shits what was said.

You are frustrated over something you can't control. I am happy Lions did not overpay for a CB. In order for Verner or DRC to come here that is what has to happen.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They arent awful but they arent great either. Their defensive line and levy were dominant and clearly carried the rest of their defense, imagine a stud in the back seven combined with a resurrected stafford.

I like that Deone Bucannon if he is available in the 2nd. him or Brooks from FSU. Both guys can do what Delmas did and then some.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team goes into the off season with a plan of how and who they will attack in FA, and then the draft. Clearly, the Lions plan was to attack the WR position in FA, and they did that with Golden Tate. Their other goal was to find a new starter at FS, and they brought in the guy the new DC from Baltimore wanted.

Coupled with keeping their TE around, this leaves DE and CB with the two biggest holes heading into the draft considering Jones injuries and sucky CB play the last decade. Depending on how their big board looks, need and BPA may go hand in hand this year at 10.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team goes into the off season with a plan of how and who they will attack in FA, and then the draft. Clearly, the Lions plan was to attack the WR position in FA, and they did that with Golden Tate. Their other goal was to find a new starter at FS, and they brought in the guy the new DC from Baltimore wanted.

Coupled with keeping their TE around, this leaves DE and CB with the two biggest holes heading into the draft considering Jones injuries and sucky CB play the last decade. Depending on how their big board looks, need and BPA may go hand in hand this year at 10.

I remember seeing that Ihedigbo is expected to sign but hasn't. It may still be coming, but until he does S still sits at the biggest need in my book. Once he signs, I think that CB, DE, K, WR, and LB would still be nice to be addressed.