• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reasons the Pro Bowl sucks

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule differences

The Pro Bowl has different rules from other NFL games to make the game safer.

-No motion or shifting by the offense
-Offense must have a tight end in all formations
-Offense may have 1 or 2 receivers on the same side
-Intentional grounding is legal
-Defense must run a 4–3 at all times, though the Cover 2 is permitted
-No press coverage except inside the 5-yard line
-No blitz
-Not allowed to rush a punt, PAT or FG attempt
-No calls can be challenged
-Teams trade possessions after each period (except at the start of 3rd period/3 OT, when the team that lost the coin toss has the choice to receive or defer to other team)
-Kickoffs are eliminated (free kicks, too, after a safety)[11]
-Teams will start on their own 25-yard line after any score or at the start of each period
2-minute warning in every period
-35-second play clock (rather than 40 seconds) to run plays
-Clock won't stop on sacks outside last 2 minutes of regulation/4th overtime
-Clock stops in last 2 minutes of each period when team with ball can't gain any yardage
-44-player roster per team
-Clock starts after incompletions on referee's signal outside last 2 minutes of 2nd period/2 OT or last 5 minutes of 4th/4 OT

In case of a tie after regulation, multiple 15-minute OT periods will be played (with each team receiving three time outs per two OTs), and teams receive one possession to score unless one of them scores a touchdown or safety on its first possession. True sudden death rules apply thereafter if both teams have had their initial possession and the game remains tied.

Pro Bowl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never watched an entire game. From the bits and pieces I've seen I think they should just take off the pads, put flags on them and call it a day.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would receive better ratings if they just let the cheerleaders play instead

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still do a Pro Bowl? Good to have that vacation in Hawaii I guess.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every year someone has to bother with a thread like this. Its an all star fun time game, that's all it is, just leave it alone. Who said it needed to mean anything ?

besides I want to see this years dumb uniforms lol

as a kid it was the coolest thing ever to see all the different team helmets on the field at the same time...color gasm

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every year someone has to bother with a thread like this. Its an all star fun time game, that's all it is, just leave it alone. Who said it needed to mean anything ?

besides I want to see this years dumb uniforms lol

as a kid it was the coolest thing ever to see all the different team helmets on the field at the same time...color gasm
..and every year I bet you were a fucking douche-bag who came on to this type of thread to post your bullshit.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..and every year I bet you were a fucking douche-bag who came on to this type of thread to post your bullshit.

LOL this wannabe cool generation is so lacking. Using words like douche is incredibly gay by a man trying to insult another.Bunch of skinny jeaned emo losers

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I expected the list to be much longer when I saw this thread.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who watches the Pro Bowl? And do we really need a list for this? We all know the Pro Bowl sucks. Eliminate it & replace it with a skills competition.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who watches the Pro Bowl? And do we really need a list for this? We all know the Pro Bowl sucks. Eliminate it & replace it with a skills competition.

The NFL won't replace it until it starts losing money. If pro' wrestling makes money then the Pro Bowl can as well.

But knowledgeable fans have known it's been a joke for at least a couple of decades now.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that sucks the most out of the PB is that unlike every other all-star type of game there are no players from the top two teams left each year. The timing of the game is just odd because teams on their way to the SB are not involved. What the fuck kind of all-star game is it that doesn't have the top stars in the game that year actually involved in it?

That and all of the bigger names that are elected to the game that don't play for whatever reason.

It would be a much better product if you actually had the very best players from both conferences going head to head. That doesn't happen so its kind of lame.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only a bit of fun. Something to fill the 2 week gap between the conference championships and the superbowl.