• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Really wish I cared about the NFL

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make watching the upcoming Super Bowl so much more interesting.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit caring about the NFL about 10 years ago myself. I won't be watching the Super Bowl unless I get an invite from a friend who is supplying food and beer.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost my team when the Colts moved to Indianapolis. It was never the same. I've adopted the Ravens because of Ozzie Newsome. My biggest interest is following the careers of former Bama players.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agency, salary caps, strikes and "parity" have all but killed that league for me. Ill watch the dolphins and the superbowl...if nothing else is going on.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll watch the Super Bowl because its the last football game we have for a while and the commercials can be entertaining. Other than that I couldn't care less about the NFL. I only watch if a former Bama player is playing in the game.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need to start watching NFL films and behind the scenes documentaries again.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agency, salary caps, strikes and "parity" have all but killed that league for me. Ill watch the dolphins and the superbowl...if nothing else is going on.

I like those things...that's what levels the playing field and allows me to enjoy the NFL just as much as I enjoy college football.

I would like college football a lot more than the NFL...but...what weakens the college football experience is the uneven playing field----conferences without CCG's....some conferences playing 8 games and others playing 9 within the conference....some schools choosing to play FCS opponents (very lame)....independent teams.

College football would be much better if the five power conferences (SEC, B1G, PAC, Big XII, ACC) would break-away to form their own elite division and enact policies to make sure all five power conferences play by the same rules:

- all conferences must have either 14 or 16 members, divided into two divisions

- no independent teams...all teams must be a member of a conference

- no more poaching schools from other power conferences...new conference members can only come from independent status or from the mid-major conferences

- all conferences must play a CCG

- 13 game regular season with 10 games being in-conference (5 home and 5 away)...thus, 3 OOC games

- 7 wins for Bowl eligibility

- no FCS opponents

- a minimum of two of the three OOC games must be played against teams from the other 4 power conferences

- only one OOC game may be played against a mid-major FBS conference team, and this game cannot be played in November (the one allowed game vs. an FBS mid-major opponent policy will help to ensure schools have 7 home games...which is necessary for many schools in order to meet AD budget requirements)

- no byes during week number 1...everyone must play week number 1

Everyone playing by the same rules is good, mmmkay?

Again, I like college football and the NFL equally...but, I would definitely like college football more than the NFL if everyone in college football played by the same rules, and the policies I listed above were to be enacted.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not caring about the NFL or the SB is gay! Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you're a college student or have a strong tie to a school you attended I can't for the life of me understand a football fan's preference for the college game. I guess the game day experience with the rah-rah crap is pretty cool for students & alumni but other than that I just don't get it. Why would you rather watch a much inferior product played by inferior players ?

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year I lose interest in college football. Eventually I'll stop being nostalgic and only look at it for what it is. A feeder system for the NFL.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch the NFL any more. Lost all interest in it.

I understand the OP completely

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you're a college student or have a strong tie to a school you attended I can't for the life of me understand a football fan's preference for the college game. I guess the game day experience with the rah-rah crap is pretty cool for students & alumni but other than that I just don't get it. Why would you rather watch a much inferior product played by inferior players ?

What does it say about the NFL when they take those inferior players to keep their product going? Right now the college game is more entertaining, more diverse offenses and faster paced games. The NFL needs to get rid of the two minute warning...did the players forget how to read a clock after they went to the NFL?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL has become nothing more than the Arena League on steroids. The game is simply played on a bigger field with a bit better breed of athlete. A game in which the QB sits back in the pocket in his indefensible Pope Mobile looking to strike down targets that DBs can no longer touch.

The NFL has been absolutely ruined by Fantasy Football geeks that look for nothing more than how their 1st round "stud" has done for the day, or that their "sleeper" pick they got in the 10th round can prove how brilliant they are.

The regular season in the NFL is rather meaningless. When 9-7 teams can make it to the Super Bowl and 10-6 teams can win it all as a Wild Card, what is the point of the regular season other than to swindle fans out of their money?

In college football we see a great number of new names and faces each and every year. Guys that nobody even heard of before the season started go on to win the MVP (Heisman) in Johnny Manziel, and 1st year heralded starters like Jameis Winston.

In college football, we can all root for the local boy done good that is playing for the home town team for nothing more than an education and a chance. The NFL? Paid professionals playing for a paycheck largely on teams and cities they could really give two fucks about. Better players? Sure. Better and more interesting product? No.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to know I have some company in indifference to the NFL!

I will really be glad when what should be called the Overhyped Bowl is over.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like those things...that's what levels the playing field and allows me to enjoy the NFL just as much as I enjoy college football.
f
I would like college football a lot more than the NFL...but...what weakens the college football experience is the uneven playing field----conferences without CCG's....some conferences playing 8 games and others playing 9 within the conference....some schools choosing to play FCS opponents (very lame)....independent teams.

College football would be much better if the five power conferences (SEC, B1G, PAC, Big XII, ACC) would break-away to form their own elite division and enact policies to make sure all five power conferences play by the same rules:

- all conferences must have either 14 or 16 members, divided into two divisions

- no independent tea
ms...all teams must be a member of a conference

- no more poaching schools from other power conferences...new conference members can only come from independent status or from the mid-major conferences

- all conferences must play a CCG

- 13 game regular season with 10 games being in-conference (5 home and 5 away)...thus, 3 OOC games

- 7 wins for Bowl eligibility

- no FCS opponents

- a minimum of two of the three OOC games must be played against teams from the other 4 power conferences

- only one OOC game may be played against a mid-major FBS conference team, and this game cannot be played in November (the one allowed game vs. an FBS mid-major opponent policy will help to ensure schools have 7 home games...which is necessary for many schools in order to meet AD budget requirements)

- no byes during week number 1...everyone must play week number 1

Everyone playing by the same rules is good, mmmkay?

Again, I like college football and the NFL equally...but, I would definitely like college football more than the NFL if everyone in college football played by the same rules, and the policies I listed above were to be enacted.

I can agree with some of that. But, having a welfare system for pro franchises really kills it for me. Ill watch my team and thats about it.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has become nothing more than the Arena League on steroids. The game is simply played on a bigger field with a bit better breed of athlete. A game in which the QB sits back in the pocket in his indefensible Pope Mobile looking to strike down targets that DBs can no longer touch.

The NFL has been absolutely ruined by Fantasy Football geeks that look for nothing more than how their 1st round "stud" has done for the day, or that their "sleeper" pick they got in the 10th round can prove how brilliant they are.

The regular season in the NFL is rather meaningless. When 9-7 teams can make it to the Super Bowl and 10-6 teams can win it all as a Wild Card, what is the point of the regular season other than to swindle fans out of their money?

In college football we see a great number of new names and faces each and every year. Guys that nobody even heard of before the season started go on to win the MVP (Heisman) in Johnny Manziel, and 1st year heralded starters like Jameis Winston.

In college football, we can all root for the local boy done good that is playing for the home town team for nothing more than an education and a chance. The NFL? Paid professionals playing for a paycheck largely on teams and cities they could really give two fucks about. Better players? Sure. Better and more interesting product? No.

:clap: :10: :agree: :suds:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don't know how to address your criticisms about "Arena League on steroids", "Pope mobiles", or how "the NFL has been ruined by fantasy football", since I have no idea what you mean by any of that.

As far as the records of the teams that end up winning championships not being as good in the NFL as they are in college ball, I think that the reasons for that are rather straight forward and not at all offensive to sports fans who favor competition. For example, there is nothing analogous on any NFL team's schedule to, say Florida State playing Nevada, Bethune-Cookman, Maryland, Wake Forest, Syracuse and Idaho in its quest to establishing its supremacy.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know how to address your criticisms about "Arena League on steroids", "Pope mobiles", or how "the NFL has been ruined by fantasy football", since I have no idea what you mean by any of that.

As far as the records of the teams that end up winning championships not being as good in the NFL as they are in college ball, I think that the reasons for that are rather straight forward and not at all offensive to sports fans who favor competition. For example, there is nothing analogous on any NFL team's schedule to, say Florida State playing Nevada, Bethune-Cookman, Maryland, Wake Forest, Syracuse and Idaho in its quest to establishing its supremacy.

So it would be better to have a shitload of 8-8 teams, a few 9-7 teams and a. Few 7-9 teams? Then figure out some mystical way to pick out the best half to put into the playoffs? Oh, for joy, 2 whole seasons in one! One meaningful, and one not so much. That seems to be the nfls goal.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does it say about the NFL when they take those inferior players to keep their product going? Right now the college game is more entertaining, more diverse offenses and faster paced games. The NFL needs to get rid of the two minute warning...did the players forget how to read a clock after they went to the NFL?

They take the cream of the crop. The vast majority go on to careers they're more suited for while the guys who can really play the game play for money against other guys who can really play the game instead of a bunch of guys who'll be manning desks and selling cars and watching the guys who can really play the game on TV on Sunday. Yeah all of those NCG walkovers are really entertaining. If you get off on watching an inferior version of the game played by inferior athletes, party on.. but don't kid yourself pretending it's not. I'll stick with watching the best in the world.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it would be better to have a shitload of 8-8 teams, a few 9-7 teams and a. Few 7-9 teams? Then figure out some mystical way to pick out the best half to put into the playoffs? Oh, for joy, 2 whole seasons in one! One meaningful, and one not so much. That seems to be the nfls goal.

I think the goal is too make money and dominate the sports word and the NFL does that pretty well. I don't love the NFL but I'll watch but tend to follow players more than particular teams. I do love the network contracts they get because it helps set the bar where college conferences can go and right now there is plenty of room which is good for us as CFB fans.