• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reality check

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions season will come to crashing halt next week when fans realize they still can't beat the Packers, still can't beat the contenders, and can't win the North. Not with this regime.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're pretty shitty about this loss, hunh?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, and the frustrating part about them is that they can beat anyone. And sometimes they even play like it. Calvin dropped a TD in the endzone, Bell fumbled in the redzone, that for most teams took points off the board. They missed two field goals that would have kept them right in the game and not put them/him/Stafford into panic catch up mode. I has the kids so didn't get to watch as closely as I would have liked, but I think I remember Tate fumbling a first down catch on 3rd down and even though they recovered it, I believe it still killed a drive.

If the Panthers had shot themselves in the foot (feet?) That badly we could have easily won. Playoff team or not. If the Lions hadn't continually shot themselves in the foot so many times, they could have easily won that game. Problem is its the same old Lions.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're pretty shitty about this loss, hunh?

Haha, right? We live and die by each week. Win one, and it's all good, smooth sailing. Lose one, and ho-lee-fuk, the goddamn sky is falling, fire Mayhew, gut the coaching staff, blame Obama, and pack it up because we'll never, ever, ever win another game in a million years.

It's like we're in some sort of college football type system where one loss and we're out of the running for the season...:doh:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol the panthers arent some bottom of the barrel team. They were 12-4 last year

They're a good team with a great D, but we still should have beat them. That's what's so frustrating for everyone, imo.

Still just one week, though, and we're still tied for the division lead...

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol the panthers arent some bottom of the barrel team. They were 12-4 last year

True, and the Panther's success had more to do with their Defense than their Offense last year. I had low expectation for a lot of scoring. It was a road game for the Lions, they could have won it, but didn't get it together. Some of the mistakes are correctable, some (like the kicking game) aren't quite so easy to change. For me, I didn't have them winning this game, so no panic mode, more of a sense of disappointment.

The Packer game will tell much more about the progress of this team especially after the road loss. If the coaching staff can instill focus and confidence, the Lions are much improved. If not, then the mantra of "Same old Lions" will be earned.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling as Lions fans we tend to see the same old Lions in every loss. But I still think the Lions were competitive right up to the 4th quarter. The outcome may even been different if Freese was successful!

I was not a fan of the Caldwell hire! I am not a fan of Caldwell. My concern is the offense kept making the same mistake. Force CJ the ball occasionally throw to Golden Tate to keep them honest and dump off when hurried. The fact Ebron got 3, Fauria 1 Ross 2 when the Panthers were selling out on CJ is poor. CJ should have ended with 2-3 and everyone else had big games. The Panthers were stopping CJ at all cost. And Stafford kept forcing the ball is my biggest concern. The INT was a perfect example 3 DBs in the area but chuck it up? The ions have to much talent to do that.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling as Lions fans we tend to see the same old Lions in every loss. But I still think the Lions were competitive right up to the 4th quarter. The outcome may even been different if Freese was successful!

I was not a fan of the Caldwell hire! I am not a fan of Caldwell. My concern is the offense kept making the same mistake. Force CJ the ball occasionally throw to Golden Tate to keep them honest and dump off when hurried. The fact Ebron got 3, Fauria 1 Ross 2 when the Panthers were selling out on CJ is poor. CJ should have ended with 2-3 and everyone else had big games. The Panthers were stopping CJ at all cost. And Stafford kept forcing the ball is my biggest concern. The INT was a perfect example 3 DBs in the area but chuck it up? The ions have to much talent to do that.

I don't actually have a problem with that decision. CJ had a step on the defense, and a better throw equals a TD. Blame him for underthrowing it, but the decision should have been an easy one- Megatron running free behind the D isn't something to pass up, generally.

But in general I absolutely agree that Stafford was forcing far too many throws his way...

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packer game will tell much more about the progress of this team especially after the road loss. If the coaching staff can instill focus and confidence, the Lions are much improved. If not, then the mantra of "Same old Lions" will be earned.

:agree:The lions have to prove themselves in the Division. When people say same old Lions, I just think of the Cubbies. I have to get that out of my head now.:lol:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions had a game this past Sunday? Not in my eyes.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed something. Who said we had a great game?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah- gotcha. That makes sense, since he's taking that approach.

I think he might be onto something there...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed something. Who said we had a great game?

Come on TP -- keep up. I'm sticking with the Lions didn't even have a game on Sunday. Actually -- in the small part I watching -- The only scoring I saw was a TD pass to the FB by Stafford, so to me, the Lions won 7-0.

I didn't see any turnovers, I only saw one drop and it was a tough play CJ had to make. So to me, the only issue the Lions have to work on is their field goal kicker, as he missed the one field goal I saw him attempt.:suds: