• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment News, HOLY CRAP!

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska will now be division I-AA...maybe Bo can win there

:pound:

LMAO... if this comment came from anyone of about 4 other Big Ten Schools... I would probably get all up on it... but coming from an Iowa Fan... that's tooooooo funny! :rockon:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh God please no.........please do not turn College Football into the NFL until after I die

gradam01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would the B1G's academic standards matter if they just added a couple football only schools?

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking about employment here. People hiring in Indianapolis might not know much about the individual academics of Iowa or Minnesota or Wisconsin, but they do know that we are a Big Ten school and that Big Ten schools are well regarded public land grant schools. Much like people will associate Dartmouth and Cornell with the Ivy League, people in the midwest will always associate Wisconsin with the Big Ten.

I'm more than a little surprised that you guys are offended by this, as I thought it was widely acknowlged fact. I imagine there are cities where the ACC holds the same clout or the Pac 12 holds the same clout.

Only the California schools matter out here (though I imagine going to Oregon or Washington matters in those states)

The Pac 10 was really a 3 tier conference.
Tier 1
California schools (USC was tier 2 a long time ago)
Tier 2
Washington
Tier 3
The rest

Though now I would rank them as such
Tier 1
California schools
Tier 2
Oregon
Washington
Colorado
Tier 3
The rest

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I work at the second most highly funded school of public health in the nation and we are nipping at Harvard's heels for first. We work with who has the most to offer. In the past year, i have worked with Harvard, Cambridge, McGill, Case Western, Auburn and NC State. Never once has "conference affiliation" entered the discussion.

None of those schools are B1G/CIC members.... So why does that tell me whether or not being a member school of the CIC wouldn't come into play when someone considers working with a school like Iowa or Purdue, considering their strong partnership with Chicago...Northwestern...via the CIC?

I agree with you that a school can't really dilute the CIC, but the CIC can't certainly enhance a school. Academics and endowment are part of why the B1G has interest in Pitt, no?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those schools are B1G/CIC members.... So why does that tell me whether or not being a member school of the CIC wouldn't come into play when someone considers working with a school like Iowa or Purdue, considering their strong partnership with Chicago...Northwestern...via the CIC?

I agree with you that a school can't really dilute the CIC, but the CIC can't certainly enhance a school. Academics and endowment are part of why the B1G has interest in Pitt, no?

We work with plenty of them as well. My point is that when you decide who you are going to fund or work with, nobody cares.

Sports fans care.....

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How everyone really feels

what_the_fuck_is_going_on_by_almo7tar-d49aqze.gif

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will ruin College Football...............mark my word.

Only the folks who have just jumped on the College Football bandwagon in the past decade will end up liking such a system.

Those of us who have been following the sport our entire lives are going to have to start doing drugs to make it through this mess.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only the folks who have just jumped on the College Football bandwagon in the past decade will end up liking such a system.

Those of us who have been following the sport our entire lives are going to have to start doing drugs to make it through this mess.

I don't care what the conferences are, as long as we play in one. Yeah, I know we're not going to play for a championship more than once in 30 years, but it's good knowing the opportunity is there. Also, would like Clemson to come with us wherever GT and VT goes. Those are the only two I give a damn about.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We work with plenty of them as well. My point is that when you decide who you are going to fund or work with, nobody cares.

Sports fans care.....

Alright. Well I'm not going to agree with Smart that a school can dilute the CIC, but you're attacking it from a different angle than I would. You're talking about dealing with professionals who are already in the field. He was talking simply about a candidate's reputation based on where they went to school. B1G schools have a strong reputation in part because the quality of their education has been enhanced by participation in the CIC. That part doesn't really seem debatable.

But certainly the B1G presidents, who are all part of the CIC, would consider schools with a lot of $ to be potential prizes? Remember when they were hot on Maryland and Virginia? Kind of seems like those were perks, with getting VT and their football making that block of schools the golden prize in their eyes? Throw Pitt and ND into that and they'd wet themselves.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we ll be fine JJM besided , remember what the Mayans said.:painkiller:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so is texas to blame for your ambien addiction :D

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling up a friend who has connections to Heroin now.....