• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Real Talk --- Auburn's rushing attack

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until you're the head coach I don't think the players can be considered your recruiting classes. You think Alabama has the exact same class if Kirby Smart is the head coach and Saban is not in the picture at all? And if people think it's the same being the hunted as opposed to the hunter they don't know as much about football as they think. Total different mindset and Auburn has never done well in the "target on your back" role.

You also never know what leaves with them when players leave, including at Alabama. Anyone remember when Alabama won the 199 SEC championship and only lost Shaun Alexander and Chris Samuels. Started season #3 and finished 3-8! Now, there were other issues like internal coach issues and Dubose starting to earn his nickname of Coach "Dumbass" but leadership is hard to replace. Losing your top lineman,top back, teams seeing scheme for the second time around while having a target on your back is a little different than what they faced this year. :noidea:

You are missing the point the players were recruited for Malzah's system so he didn't have to reinvent the wheel. They count as his same as Jimbo's guys are his not Bobby's.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't going to stay 5 years and if Marshall went down in a big game we had to have a solid backup. JJ is going to be special and the interest in QB recruits right now is high so it was a solid move.

and with white coming in might as well have Johnson be a Jr when white's a redshirt freshman

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backs are plug and play in the offense the true loses are Robinson the tackle and Prosch the fullback that is a lot of class A blocking to replace. On defense if they find a replacement for Dee Ford they should actually be greatly improved.

Yea those two are gonna be hard to replace. Prosch was an outstanding blocking back and Robinson was one legit son of a bitch.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until you're the head coach I don't think the players can be considered your recruiting classes. You think Alabama has the exact same class if Kirby Smart is the head coach and Saban is not in the picture at all? And if people think it's the same being the hunted as opposed to the hunter they don't know as much about football as they think. Total different mindset and Auburn has never done well in the "target on your back" role.

You also never know what leaves with them when players leave, including at Alabama. Anyone remember when Alabama won the 199 SEC championship and only lost Shaun Alexander and Chris Samuels. Started season #3 and finished 3-8! Now, there were other issues like internal coach issues and Dubose starting to earn his nickname of Coach "Dumbass" but leadership is hard to replace. Losing your top lineman,top back, teams seeing scheme for the second time around while having a target on your back is a little different than what they faced this year. :noidea:

IMO, Gus was the reason they won a NC in 2010. Kirby is a great DC, but he is not the reason we have had success.

I have not much to say on everything else. Just that I consider the majority of the players Gus had last year to be people Gus wanted/recruited. I didn't expect Auburn to go as far as they did obviously, but they have recruited well in the past years so it wasn't like it was Kentucky all a sudden finding success.