• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Re-join the Heat Haters club NOW!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many on here from the old ESPN board-but I know you were one of them--correct?
FYI-- even many experts predict that other teams will challenge the Heat this season--but remember that what you call collusion is now commonplace in the NBA and why not??--it's a business and not meant solely to please fans of the old purist formula, where players stayed on one team for most of their careers.

I don't believe that the Heat are guilty of collusion. I think that Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh got together and decided that they'd like to try and play together. I believe that D-Wade went to Riley and said "I think we can get Lebron and Bosh".

This still required Riley and Arison buying in and being willing to pony up the money as well as all 3 being willing to take a little less (not really a big deal considering no income tax in Florida). They also had to be willing to clear a bunch of cap space and basically tank a season to pull it off. Even at that, while it was very unlikely, there was always the possibility that Lebron and/or Bosh could have decided that an offer from another team was better and left the Heat with egg on their face.

While I don't necessarily agree with what the Heat (specifically the big 3) did to get where they are, it's not collusion, imo. If it is, then I guess the Lakers are guilty themselves, since it was a phone call from Kobe that convinced Nash to come to the Lakers. Players talking about and even agreeing to play together, just isn't collusion, imo.

My issue with what the Heat's big 3 has more to do with me being "old school". I just liked it better in the 80's and 90's when guys like Magic, Bird and MJ were more interested in beating each other than joining forces.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe that the Heat are guilty of collusion. I think that Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh got together and decided that they'd like to try and play together. I believe that D-Wade went to Riley and said "I think we can get Lebron and Bosh".

This still required Riley and Arison buying in and being willing to pony up the money as well as all 3 being willing to take a little less (not really a big deal considering no income tax in Florida). They also had to be willing to clear a bunch of cap space and basically tank a season to pull it off. Even at that, while it was very unlikely, there was always the possibility that Lebron and/or Bosh could have decided that an offer from another team was better and left the Heat with egg on their face.

While I don't necessarily agree with what the Heat (specifically the big 3) did to get where they are, it's not collusion, imo. If it is, then I guess the Lakers are guilty themselves, since it was a phone call from Kobe that convinced Nash to come to the Lakers. Players talking about and even agreeing to play together, just isn't collusion, imo.

My issue with what the Heat's big 3 has more to do with me being "old school". I just liked it better in the 80's and 90's when guys like Magic, Bird and MJ were more interested in beating each other than joining forces.

Which season did they tank?
Just because Riley kept all of his cap flexibility in place doesn't mean that team didn't play with great effort every night and win as many games as possible.
I would say it is very similar as to what your team will be doing this season.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a heat Hater at cbs.

I will no longer be able to carry my card.

Greg Oden is now a member of the heat and theres not a nicer more unfortunate person in the league. I will root for him!

I still carry my LBJ hate card though...

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never left I have hated the Heat since Haradaway and Alonzo Mourning.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The question is why can the players get together and dictate why cant the owners. If James Wade and Bosh can come in and change the shape of the league why cant the owner gets together and do the same thing without getting in trouble.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Greg Oden is now a member of the heat and theres not a nicer more unfortunate person in the league. I will root for him!

I agree re: Oden. I have resolved this issue by deciding that I will hope Oden does well and the Heat lose!!:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is why can the players get together and dictate why cant the owners. If James Wade and Bosh can come in and change the shape of the league why cant the owner gets together and do the same thing without getting in trouble.

Because in the end, the players don't have the power to make it happen and the owners do. The Heats big 3 could make all of the plans they wanted to re: playing together, but if Riley and/or Arison said "No way, we're not spending that money", then the deal doesn't happen.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, I've had that for LeFlopsalot since BEFORE he came into the leave...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. And also why even have a collusion rule in place? Makes zero sense to me...

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfzTevWT7f0]Chris Bosh Gay Moments (uncensored) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8YJTfkJHg4]CHRIS BOSH IS GAY! (2012 Miami Heat Championship Celebration) - YouTube[/ame]

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, good thing there's no more hate out there for LeClown or the Heat...:rollseyes:

:10:
Miami-Heat-Jokes-Michael-Jordan.jpg

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird had several HOF players on his team.
As Did Magic Johnson.
Wait for it.......so did Michael Jordan.

That argument is stupid.