• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Re: Asomugha - I love to say I told ya so

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
One of the worst signings ever. You're welcome for the foresight.

I would have no interest in him unless it's a 1-year deal. And he'll never sign a 1-year deal IMO.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sick what if they did a deal at say $4.5M with incentives for him to get to around $7M. I.E. Tackels, Ints,Passes knocked down? I would be ok with that if we lose on out Smith

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick what if they did a deal at say $4.5M with incentives for him to get to around $7M. I.E. Tackels, Ints,Passes knocked down? I would be ok with that if we lose on out Smith

For 1 year? Sure. I'd be fine with that. 2 years? Nuh-uh.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, but everything fell apart in Philly. It isn't like it was just Asomugha who failed, that whole team imploded. I mean, I don't want the 49ers to go after him unless he turns into a bargain 1 year deal like Rogers was 2 yrs ago. I'm just saying it is tough to tell how much to criticize him when the wheels fell off in Philly.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If he was a sheet he couldn't cover a bed. He was down right horrible both yrs n Philly.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought hiim a bit overrated and said so even when he was with the Raiders. I actually think he needs to make the move that a lot of good aging CB's make which is to FS.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, but everything fell apart in Philly. It isn't like it was just Asomugha who failed, that whole team imploded. I mean, I don't want the 49ers to go after him unless he turns into a bargain 1 year deal like Rogers was 2 yrs ago. I'm just saying it is tough to tell how much to criticize him when the wheels fell off in Philly.

true shutdown corners can play anywhere

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true shutdown corners can play anywhere

He may not be a "true shutdown corner" but the guy was a WELL above average cover CB. Just not while with the Eagles, but there was serious defensive chemistry and execution issues associated with that team on both sides of the ball.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he really is interested in going to a championship team then i wouldn't mind taking a bargain deal with him for a 1 or 2 year deal. It would obviously have to be cap friendly. If he's going to gain his confidence back anywhere it's going to be with the 9ers and their coaching staff. I've always been impressed with how mature he has come off in interviews, but i know there was talk of him isolating himself from the other players in Philly. I would leave that up to Harbaalke to feel out. I think I'd rather have DRC, though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I always thought hiim a bit overrated and said so even when he was with the Raiders. I actually think he needs to make the move that a lot of good aging CB's make which is to FS.

Hold on a second... You weren't one of the people giving me a hard time suggesting that Quentin Jammer should move to FS were you?

Jammer as a FS is one of my favourite ideas this offseason.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he really is interested in going to a championship team then i wouldn't mind taking a bargain deal with him for a 1 or 2 year deal. It would obviously have to be cap friendly. If he's going to gain his confidence back anywhere it's going to be with the 9ers and their coaching staff. I've always been impressed with how mature he has come off in interviews, but i know there was talk of him isolating himself from the other players in Philly. I would leave that up to Harbaalke to feel out. I think I'd rather have DRC, though.

DRC restructured contract...

Report: Jets restructure Antonio Cromartie?s contract | ProFootballTalk

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on a second... You weren't one of the people giving me a hard time suggesting that Quentin Jammer should move to FS were you?

Jammer as a FS is one of my favourite ideas this offseason.

I don't know what convo you are referring to but I wasn't involved in it. CB to FS is anatural transition for older CBs. I'm not saying that we should sign him, only that he might think about a position change.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We're one of the teams interested so that I told you so might be wind up to be a little bittersweet here.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wish the Jets just cut him. I woudl welcome either Cromartie with open arms (especially the younger DRC at this point).

With the older one you'd have to setup a daycare center next to the training facility.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not be a "true shutdown corner" but the guy was a WELL above average cover CB. Just not while with the Eagles, but there was serious defensive chemistry and execution issues associated with that team on both sides of the ball.

They had an OL coach as the DC.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to niner empire faebook page the 49ers are interested in him